• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just Sublime!

Had to share:

Just got back from a brief ride to Home Depot to pick up some child-locks for the cupboard doors...on the way back, I took the loooonngg route, which involves a sweeping right-hander leading into an on-ramp for the freeway.

I had the car in second, revving to just over 6000 rpm, then steadily accelerated to just under 8000, then up-shifted to third...needless to say, I had to slow down to merge :) . The top was off (it's a brilliant day), and the engine sound just penetrated the cockpit. We are the luckiest drivers around to be able to enjoy that aural symphony! I'm sure Modena's and other exotics provide the same kind of thrills, but it sure is nice to know that I can enjoy the same sound/performance for the next many-thousand kilometers, with unflappable reliability and uncommon quality.

Just had to ruminate, and remind others how lucky we truly are!

Yes we are!

If I understand well what you said your favorite musical instrument is:

Honda NSX V6!

Question: on a standard 100 metre radius on ramp what was the highest speed you made?

I surprised myself with OEM 16"/17" wheels and tires to reach without squealing 120 km/h ( more than 70 mph ).

I wonder what would be the limit...

bonzo said:
Had to share:

for the next many-thousand kilometers, with unflappable reliability and uncommon quality.

Just had to ruminate, and remind others how lucky we truly are!

That's absolutely right

The NSX's unflappable reliability and uncommon quality along side it's shear fun is a forgotten feature every one seems to leave at the background when they compare it to Porsches and Ferraris. Piece of mind really counts when you're driving a highly performance sports car which is a segment of the market well known for unreliability.

Back