• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Last minute moral support requested JH4NA2162YT000060

I flew to Rhode Island to pick mine up and it was one of the best experiences I have ever had. My face hurt from smiling so much. Good luck and enjoy

Congrat... it will be one of your best trips.

I can't wait, I just ended up getting a co-driver so I think my odds of a successful trip just increased ten fold.

Without question, this is going to be a sloooowwwwww week.

Steve, With two going on the BIG road trip, remember the small trunk.I asked the wife to go to NSXPO, when I was done packing with tools and everything else she would have been straped on the roof. Luckely she could not get the time off of work.:eek:

Steve, With two going on the BIG road trip, remember the small trunk.I asked the wife to go to NSXPO, when I was done packing with tools and everything else she would have been straped on the roof. Luckely she could not get the time off of work.:eek:

Thanks Bernie, I'm just going to have my backpack.. I will have to remind Ryan of the same.

Hi Steve,

Congratulations on becoming an NSX owner! I've communicated with you a time or two in the Honda-Tech.com/ITR forum. I've had my NSX for six years, and hope to always have it. I'm sure driving your new NSX will make a lasting impression on you. :smile: Send me a PM if you plan on driving through Las Vegas. I would enjoy meeting you, and I'm sure a couple of the other Vegas NSX guys would as well. Whatever route you decide to take, have a safe and enjoyable trip!

Regards,

Tom

Last edited:
Hi Steve,

Congratulations on becoming an NSX owner! I've communicated with you a time or two in the Honda-Tech.com/ITR forum. I've had my NSX for six years, and hope to always have it. I'm sure driving it will make a lasting impression on you. :smile: Send me a PM if you plan on driving through Las Vegas. I would enjoy meeting you, and I'm sure a couple of the other Vegas NSX guys would as well. Whatever route you decide to take, have a safe and enjoyable trip!

Regards,

Tom

Tom,

I do remember you from a few past conversations. I am definitely excited to join the ownership ranks, had more time been allocated for the trip home I would have loved to travel through Vegas, but my route via I-40 will put me a bit south of you. If time allows us to deviate from that path I will definitely be sure to see if you're available.

Thanks!
Steve

Re: Last minute moral support requested

Hoping to pick it up sometime this month and drive 2,200 miles home
QUOTE]

And I only get to drive my new baby from Florida to Northern Virginia on the 19th of this month. A paltry 1000 miles. Some guys get all the luck :rolleyes:

And I only get to drive my new baby from Florida to Northern Virginia on the 19th of this month. A paltry 1000 miles. Some guys get all the luck :rolleyes:

I would have preferred a slightly shorter trip; however, it crosses off two bucket list items

1. drive cross country
2. drive the PCH in something cooler than a rental car

I misquoted my drive, it's 2,894 miles; not 2,200 whoops (I thought that seemed rather low)

Have fun on your trip! The 19th is a lonnnnnnng way from now :)

I would have just drive it home and pay for the tp/wp service yourself and saved on initial cost of the car. The timing belt is 99.9% not going to fail. It is sealed from the environment and has steel cords in it. I have seen 16 year old belts with 100k miles on them that look almost brand new. It is quite a Hefty unit. And it is a toothed belt, toothed belts do not use high tension to stay in place. They use the absolue precision teeth of the belt, cam gears, and crank gear to not slip. if you have ever put one in or seen one put in you would know what I mean. I is actually really cool to think of the precision that is taken to make a 6 foot long belt micron precise.

No steel cords in the timing belt. :wink:

LOL

His cars = No cruise + A/C * (getstocruiseinanNSX)

I dun feel too badly :) He is awesome for volunteering for stuffs :thumbup:

Very true.

To my surprise I found that it is easier to get friends to go cross-country with you in an NSX than finding volunteers to help you move furniture.... weird.

Enjoy your trip! I just flew in to Atlanta, Georgia Friday night to pick up my
02 NSX and Drove through Alabama, Mississipi, Louisiana and in to Texas the
next day! 876 Miles ..... Was a Blast! I'm sure that you will have a great time!

Enjoy!

Arrrrghhh, Just found that BMWCCA is running a DE at Laguna Seca on Fri/Sat... Not that I intend to track this car, but for the easy opportunity to get out on Laguna Seca that's a no-brainer for a North Carolinian.

Enjoy your trip! I just flew in to Atlanta, Georgia Friday night to pick up my
02 NSX and Drove through Alabama, Mississipi, Louisiana and in to Texas the
next day! 876 Miles ..... Was a Blast! I'm sure that you will have a great time!

Enjoy!

Congrats! The car looks absolutely immaculate, excellent catch.

Yeah, I rode in it the weekend that he got it back from Steve's.

Steve will install those? Man, I definitely didn't need to know that.

Last edited:
Steve,

The 01 Silverstone you saw at Brier Creek on Saturday (jeff's car) has a Comptech SC that Steve Gooding installed for Jeff about 2-3 years ago.

John

Steve,

The 01 Silverstone you saw at Brier Creek on Saturday (jeff's car) has a Comptech SC that Steve Gooding installed for Jeff about 2-3 years ago.

John

I am going to pretend I never heard this, it's for my best interest. :)

Last edited:
Bring yer helmet! Also tools to remove the passenger seat for all your HD cameras..

Edit: Event full :(

Haha! I was told to show up anyway and try to get a ride along which would be AOK with me. If I can sleeze my way into a deal where I can get out there for a session would be awesome but I'm not banking on it.

This seems like an awesome experience to be had.

Another local! Thanks!

Steve , i love driving the NSX with the blower. It is way better.......
Test rides are free! I wish i had a long drive to take . You will find it very comfortable . Be safe . Jeff

Steve , i love driving the NSX with the blower. It is way better.......
Test rides are free! I wish i had a long drive to take . You will find it very comfortable . Be safe . Jeff

Well John, I wish you the worst of luck selling it then :)

I may take you up on the test drive next month. Still not sure if I want to know how awesome it is.

Back