• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Leather repair/replacement?

Anyone know who makes good (at least as good as OEM) leather replacement for our OEM seats?

or, how do we repair the worn leather,, is it even possible.. there is no crack.. but scratches and looks worn out..

please let me know..

thanks

-jjc.

It's been posted here that the individual pieces of leather are available from Acura and can be replaced by a good upholstery repair shop.

nsxtasy said:
It's been posted here that the individual pieces of leather are available from Acura and can be replaced by a good upholstery repair shop.

Well, actually, i was thinking that it is a 11 years old leather.. and if i were to replace only one piece, you might see one new and one old next to each other... may not look very good..

i would think replace the entire leather might be better? no?

-jjc.

New Used seats

I found that buying a set of used seats out of a newer car cost the same as replacing the leather. The other thing is the padding and cusions are newer as well. If you replace the leather over old, worn cusions; the leather could wear quickly or look loose.

Expect to pay $800 - $2000 for a really good set. Most pairs sell for about $1000.

Dr. Vinyl, highly recommended here, will do both seats in leather for $800. That sounds like a pretty good deal.

Many upholstery shops can either re-dye and recon the leather for you or refer you to someone who does this work. There is also a color match spray on dye that does the job and looks good. Shouldnt cost you more than $100 to have the side bolsters done this way.

ck said:
Many upholstery shops can either re-dye and recon the leather for you or refer you to someone who does this work. There is also a color match spray on dye that does the job and looks good. Shouldnt cost you more than $100 to have the side bolsters done this way.

you know any in bay area? thx

-jjc.

Back