• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Leather vs Vinyl with pictures (is this correct?)

NRG

Experienced Member
I'm about to put some Zymol Vinyl and Treat, but I read that I shouldn't apply Treat on vinyl and Vinyl on leather. I did a search on this, including the FAQ about leather vs vinyl. It didn't help a lot since I couldn't picture what a seat bolster is...

Can you look at this and let me know if all my identification is correct? I hope these pictures will help others.

1)
lvnsx1.JPG

2)
IMG_2062.JPG

3)
lvnsx3.JPG

4)
lvnsx4.JPG

5)
lvnsx5.JPG

6)
IMG_2067.JPG

Last edited:
In pic 4, the side of the seat is vinyl, as well as the back. Also the side of the seat, down around the controls are vinyl. The only other piece I would question is the armrest on the door maybe being leather. It would be nice to have everyone agree on this and post these pics in FAQ.

I thought the middle armrest was leather. I also thought the armrest on the doors was leather.

wow...exactly what I was looking for.....nice write up!! :cool:

someone should add the pictures in the FAQ section...

Let me make some modification to the pictures based on the input and see if everyone agrees to it.

Can you please check the pictures again? I made all the changes based on your feedback.

Do you see anything else wrong?

Is the glove box vinyl? Nevermind, i see in FAQ it is. I thought it was leather. Feels nice.

Sorry. I should have been more specific. The seat sides are vinyl not the "top" of the sides. In pic 3 on the side bolster you can see the panel that has the slight cracking in it, that is leather. The panel to the outside of the double stitching is vinyl. Same with the bottom sides, the panel outside the double stitch is vinyl, around the controls, the top panel is leather. The section between the two that wraps around and looks like three stripes is leather.

The way I found on the seats to tell the difference is to push on the panel with your thumb or index finger. Leather pieces crack and deform, vinyl pieces with deform but stay smooth. Try it on the bolster section to see what I mean.

I made the change to picture 3 and 4. Is that correct?

caz-nsx said:
Sorry. I should have been more specific. The seat sides are vinyl not the "top" of the sides. In pic 3 on the side bolster you can see the panel that has the slight cracking in it, that is leather. The panel to the outside of the double stitching is vinyl. Same with the bottom sides, the panel outside the double stitch is vinyl, around the controls, the top panel is leather. The section between the two that wraps around and looks like three stripes is leather.

The way I found on the seats to tell the difference is to push on the panel with your thumb or index finger. Leather pieces crack and deform, vinyl pieces with deform but stay smooth. Try it on the bolster section to see what I mean.

Great post. Thanks for the information and photos.

I think the shift boot in vinyl, with the actual knob being leather.

#2 Picture at 9 o'clock position. The large bolster that surrounds the lower column under the dash is leather.
Gear shift boot is leather.

Back