• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Leatherseats.com Group Buy 2007

You must really like to torture yourself. I'm bringing my new seat covers to a professional to have them installed. :smile:

A professional eh?? Hmm, I might have to do this. I was hoping however to CON one of my NSX buddies who had done this install already into doing my seats. :biggrin:

My 1991 stock seats covered in Suede from Leatherseats.com, thought you guys might like to see it.

16688Driver_Seat.jpg

16688Pass_Seat.jpg

P.S. These were done before the group buy.

I got mine last week, and installed the passenger seat cover today. This is a project that is better off left for a professional to do. IT IS NOT EASY!!!!!!! My hands and forearms are killing me. Just getting off the seat cushion was a major PITA. Unfortunately, since I did the first seat, I'm compelled to do the second one next weekend. It is an all day project, period. Furthermore, the fitment of the seat covers requires a lot of finagling which I was not too happy about. There were sections that did not line up properly and it took me a lot of time to get it 90% correct. Taking off the old upholstery rings was a bitch. Instead of using an installation kit, at the advice of fellow Prime member Heretic, I used plastic strap ties. I'm sure it made the job easier, but not by much.

Anyway, good luck and bless your soul if you decide to this yourself.

Did anyone order seat covers with Bright Red Leather? Do you think that the Red is "Bright?" Do you think it is a good match for the Formula Red paint? I received my seat covers the other day, and I am dissapointed with the lack of brightness of the Red Leather:confused: . I ordered Bright Red - Packing slip says Bright Red (#6014). I was expecting a Candy Apple Red. From some of the posted pictures I saw of others that had their seats done by Leatherseats.com, the color appears to be much brighter. I know color is variable with digital photos.

I spoke with someone at Leatherseats.com - He said the Bright Red #6014 is even brighter than the Red shown on their website - I don't think so. :frown:

I would love to hear from others your impressions.

Thanks

Did anyone order seat covers with Bright Red Leather? Do you think that the Red is "Bright?" Do you think it is a good match for the Formula Red paint? I received my seat covers the other day, and I am dissapointed with the lack of brightness of the Red Leather:confused: . I ordered Bright Red - Packing slip says Bright Red (#6014). I was expecting a Candy Apple Red. From some of the posted pictures I saw of others that had their seats done by Leatherseats.com, the color appears to be much brighter. I know color is variable with digital photos.

I spoke with someone at Leatherseats.com - He said the Bright Red #6014 is even brighter than the Red shown on their website - I don't think so. :frown:

I would love to hear from others your impressions.

Thanks

I haven't even opened my box yet, I know I know my friend always makes fun of me for ordering stuff and not looking:redface:

I ordered Red centers and door inserts for my NSX which is in Black, so for me the red brightness isn't an issue. I looked on the available colors and Didn't see an option for Bright red, Just Red and Medium Red. I probably didn't look good enough. I will check tomorrow and give my impressions of the red. I was hoping for a very 'blood' red color myself :cool:

I ordered torch red and it is bright enough for my 91 formula red.

I didn't attempt to self install. I had Leatherseats.com do it.

momo_4.jpg

Link to pix.

6429sig_red_sm.jpg

Sky:rolleyes:

I got mine in almost two weeks ago. The install wasn't so bad. The first seat took about 4.5hrs and the second about 3.5 hrs. You need the hog ring pliers (comes with the installation kit) and a really good set of wire cutters though.
Craig

I would highly recommend these guys. I bought the 2002 nsx pattern stiched in yellow, and the updated door inserts. I didnt install them, but Gary at Diamond trim in Toranto did the install, the seats look great. Frank

I ordered torch red and it is bright enough for my 91 formula red.

I didn't attempt to self install. I had Leatherseats.com do it.

momo_4.jpg

Link to pix.

6429sig_red_sm.jpg

Sky:rolleyes:

Skyguy

Thanks for the picture - This is exactly the color I was looking for! Torch Red! Much much better color IMHO to match the beuatiful Formula Red paint, than the Bright Right I received. Was that a special order color? Did they mention Bright Red vs Torch Red when you ordered. I asked for the Brightest Red they had - this is not what I received. :mad: I will call them tomorrow.

Thanks

I was fortunate enough to call and have them sent me samples of their reds. I also went with the torch red. It still isn't red enough to match my sparco steering wheel though.

Skyguy

Thanks for the picture - This is exactly the color I was looking for! Torch Red! Much much better color IMHO to match the beuatiful Formula Red paint, than the Bright Right I received. Was that a special order color? Did they mention Bright Red vs Torch Red when you ordered. I asked for the Brightest Red they had - this is not what I received. :mad: I will call them tomorrow.

Thanks

I reviewed the old GB posts as well as talked to Bill and decided that the torch red was the way to go. It is the closest red to my formula red. *It does match the Momo wheel also.

Regards,

Sky

Crud, I better open my box up and see what Red I have :redface: Still, there isn't much else red in my car other than the sparco Honda button and the Zanardi floor matts. Still, I was never told anything about different reds available when I made my order over the phone. Hopefully it is 'blood' red just as I like it :cool:

Just got my seats covers installed for $100 from a local shop. I'm very happy with the way it turned out. I would have attempted the install myself, but I have read thru the past posts and saw how difficult it is. Rather pay someone experienced to do it and save the aggrevation. He installed them in about an hour and half.

I got almost the same options and color as skyguy. But mine has no logo and no double red stitching. I also went with perforated on the black boosters only to match my sparco steering wheel.

I got mine last week, and installed the passenger seat cover today. This is a project that is better off left for a professional to do. IT IS NOT EASY!!!!!!! My hands and forearms are killing me. Just getting off the seat cushion was a major PITA. Unfortunately, since I did the first seat, I'm compelled to do the second one next weekend. It is an all day project, period. Furthermore, the fitment of the seat covers requires a lot of finagling which I was not too happy about. There were sections that did not line up properly and it took me a lot of time to get it 90% correct. Taking off the old upholstery rings was a bitch. Instead of using an installation kit, at the advice of fellow Prime member Heretic, I used plastic strap ties. I'm sure it made the job easier, but not by much.

Anyway, good luck and bless your soul if you decide to this yourself.

Hmm...my experience has been the opposite. Maybe my seats are a little older and the cushions a little compressed, but I had very little difficulty. Infact, I was hoping for some covers to fit a little tighter. Yes, removing the old hog rings can be tough without the right tools. The first seat went painfully for me until I actually got some real tin snips for the second and that went so easy I was kicking myself for not using those the first time. I thought the installtion kit with hog rings was the best way to go too once I got the system down. Load the hog ring in the pliers, insert one end in the cover and just press down into position and squeeze the pliers.
For the pushpins, I just cut the ones that you couldn't get at from behind and push through. At Lowe's, I found replacements that are nearly an exact match. They are labeled as Nissan push fasteners, but they look almost identical.

Bill

I've been searching for an hour now and I still can't find an answer?

How do you get the wrinkle effect to match the OEM on the door panel inserts when recovering them? I tried pinching them during the glue stage, but it didn't come out right.

I think I figured it out...I'm guessing that it is done with a sewing machine. That must be why there is a line of thread running down the two sides of each insert of the original leather. I think, using a sewing machine, if you run a line of thread on each side it will give you the wrinkle effect. If so (sew), no pun intended, then I will take it to an alteration shop to sew them for me. Too bad my mom is on vacation or else I would have her sew them.

Can someone please let me know if I am on the right track here?

I've been searching for an hour now and I still can't find an answer?

How do you get the wrinkle effect to match the OEM on the door panel inserts when recovering them? I tried pinching them during the glue stage, but it didn't come out right.

I think I figured it out...I'm guessing that it is done with a sewing machine. That must be why there is a line of thread running down the two sides of each insert of the original leather. I think, using a sewing machine, if you run a line of thread on each side it will give you the wrinkle effect. If so (sew), no pun intended, then I will take it to an alteration shop to sew them for me. Too bad my mom is on vacation or else I would have her sew them.

Can someone please let me know if I am on the right track here?

I too got the door panel inserts. However, I have no intention of installing these myself. Let me know how your plan unfolds. I may have let whomever installs my leathers know this trick if it works.

For those that completed their installs..............PICS PLEASE :biggrin:

Mine showed up today and I'm going to drop off my seats at a local upholstery shop. They said it would be 2-3hrs per seat to have it done right...probably closer to 2hrs. (shop charges $75/hr)

The leather looks great...I'll post pics when it's done sometime next week. I went black with perforated silver inserts and red stiching.

To get those wrinkles similar to the OEM door panels, the best way to do it is with a sewing machine. Have the installer sew a line of thread similar to the pattern on the OEM panels and he/she will know what to do to make it wrinkle.

I was able to get one panel sewn as a test run. It turned out just like the OEM.

To get those wrinkles similar to the OEM door panels, the best way to do it is with a sewing machine. Have the installer sew a line of thread similar to the pattern on the OEM panels and he/she will know what to do to make it wrinkle.

I was able to get one panel sewn as a test run. It turned out just like the OEM.

Perfect. Thanks Vsy05. Post pics when you can.:smile:

Here are my pics...had a local shop install the leather. I think they came out nice. Something a little different...
seats1.jpg

seat2.jpg

seat5.jpg

seat6.jpg

seat7.jpg

Back