• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Lets see some refinished stock 02-05 wheels!

Erick,

Those look very nice. Is that the "Washi Grey " color from above? Was that a NSX-R exclusive only option, or available to all NSX's?

I think "Washi grey" was also the color of Zanardi wheels.

I think "Washi grey" was also the color of Zanardi wheels.

It is and if you could get us a paint code of your Z rims it would be much appreciated :biggrin:

Also Kyras I did this look on my car about two years but with red H center caps. I got the idea from a red NSX-R that ran the same color scheme.

You could also try the white H center caps. Pretty sweet look and I believe "Ben" has them on his NSX.NSX-R wheels in gunmetal with red H center caps.jpg

IMG_2300.jpg

Also Kyras I did this look on my car about two years but with red H center caps. I got the idea from a red NSX-R that ran the same color scheme.

You could also try the white H center caps. Pretty sweet look and I believe "Ben" has them on his NSX.View attachment 68626

View attachment 68627
Thank you, WingZ for the photos.

Sorry to revive this, but where are you guys getting the blank caps for the wheels?

Also is this Washi Grey or a darker gun metal?
4265DSC_16941.jpg

Man is that nice. I also wanted to refinish my five spoke type R wheels to washi gray but I quickly woke up from that careless thought. Looks great in these photos though.

I don't think I've seen washi gray in person to compare, but I didn't want to paint over the original finish on my '02 wheels.

I've had good luck with the dipping, so I took the old rubber off the wheels when I had new tires and TPMS mounted and used this Rustoleum matte graphite rubber coating. The Acura "A" emblems were dipped then sprayed with red paint so hopefully it will peel off later too. It's slowly growing on me:

View attachment 160055

View attachment 160056

Here are mine powdercoated championship white.

02R.jpg

Back