• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Like many others cant find the right NSX

nsx003.jpg

nsx002.jpg

nsx001.jpg

Got her home around 7pm tonight and already did some work on it. Had to adjust the DF NSXR seats a tad lower but very comfortable seat for the trip. Replaced the rear trunk struts. Greg the previous owner had them new in the bag and also cleaned out the throttle body from excessive oil from the filter. Amazing car and i will post pics at a later date with all the great parts it has

Very nice congrats! :biggrin: I want that shifter and boot. Post some engine pics when you get a chance.

If memory serves me right, this car was listed on Craigslist for sale a couple of years ago. I contacted the owner to see if he wanted to sell the mods and he said no. From what I remember he was a dealer of some sort but this had turned into his personal car. At the time he didn't know all that much about the NSX. I guess he kept it for a while and now sold it?

Anyway after personal experience with a couple of MB's I will just say you made a great decision. MB's of that year are unreliable, expensive to maintain, and depreciate badly. They are not remotely as fun to drive either. CTSC NSX is an amazing amazing car.

Congrats!

Good looking car and looks like some real nice mods

the green sticker on the window only adds 2 HP :rolleyes:

Hey Ron congrats on getting your NSX. I lost your number give me a call sometime 727-420-4151. I will be getting my NSX back in a couple week from the body shop, we are still waiting on the wheels from SOS :frown: Ryan text me saying you got one and it's supercharged, hello hello...(in my british accent)lol

Last edited:
Hey Ron congrats on getting your NSX. I lost your number give me a call sometime 727-420-4151. I will be getting my NSX back in a couple week from the body shop, we are still waiting on the wheels from SOS :frown: Ryan text me saying you got one and it's supercharged, hello hello...(in my british accent)lol

Definitely will Stuart. Can't wait to see your car done. I still think some of my best races were against your yellow Nsx on spray. I was going to buy an 02+ but came across this car and its exactly what I wanted. To be honest after staring at it in my garage the pop up lights have really grown on me. Can't wait to meet up with you soon

I think that these rare colored cars are going to be very sought after once the economy turns around and interest in the new 2013 nsx rekindles interest in the vintage NSX cars. I think this is already happening since all NSX's are truly rare, and they are well built cars, all aluminum (no rust) etc. It will be very interesting to see what happens with NSX values since there is really no history on limited production Japanese super cars like this as now they begin to become classics.

Sports Cars that are "drivers cars" and not run with paddle shifters and navigation computers are already a thing of the past. Japanese cars do not have that long of a history in the USA, maybe 50-60 years, and interest in collectabilty is about where muscle cars and even some itialian cars were 20 years ago, since the generation of collectors that are buying cars today grew up seeing japanese cars on the road their whole life, and they know which ones were "cool" and rare when they were younger. We are still in a window of opportunity to obtain these very rare cars at reasonable price points. Owners that took great care of their cars, and know when they have a super rare car (like Monaco Blue were there were only 20 made) will not come up for sale very often.

Last edited:
I think that these rare colored cars are going to be very sought after once the economy turns around and interest in the new 2013 nsx rekindles interest in the vintage NSX cars. I think this is already happening since all NSX's are truly rare, and they are well built cars, all aluminum (no rust) etc. It will be very interesting to see what happens with NSX values since there is really no history on limited production Japanese super cars like this as now they begin to become classics.

Sports Cars that are "drivers cars" and not run with paddle shifters and navigation computers are already a thing of the past. Japanese cars do not have that long of a history in the USA, maybe 50-60 years, and interest in collectabilty is about where muscle cars and even some itialian cars were 20 years ago, since the generation of collectors that are buying cars today grew up seeing japanese cars on the road their whole life, and they know which ones were "cool" and rare when they were younger. We are still in a window of opportunity to obtain these very rare cars at reasonable price points. Owners that took great care of their cars, and know when they have a super rare car (like Monaco Blue were there were only 20 made) will not come up for sale very often.
Very good point. I wanted a blue Nsx and almost everyone i found had tan interior and the 02+ most were blue/blue. Tabasco having Blue/black is very hard to find. Seems like all the great Japanese cars are all sold in limited production. Look at the LFA now

I have never been confused on the color of my car. It IS Monaco Blue Pearl with Onyx (black) interior. It is rare for sure

My car is NOT for sale but damn if your car is worth $65k, I can get $100k easy for mine! Gotta love rarity!

Blacknot: It was fun reading your experience and updates – I was not aware your car had a CTSC and other mods, very nice find for sure! I need to find another DD NSX likes yours with all the mods so I can leave mine at home for viewing pleasure!

P.S. Glad to see another NSX + s2000 owner! Both are great cars and you REALLy NEED TO OWN BOTH in my opinion. I have a 09 GPW s2000 and 04 GPW NSX :biggrin:

Congrats on the car!
Rick

Blacknot...
Congrats on the beauty. I'm in LOL.
Hope to see your car one of these days when I have time to drive.:biggrin:

I believe I have committed a crime by painting and converting my 1 of 18 Midnight Purple/Tan 95' T into Lime green metallic/Black 05' NSX-R :redface: :biggrin:

I'll put mine for sale, 52K .. any takers? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

... in 5 years .. still will be 52K .. and not sold!

Oscar

Hey Ron,

Just wanted to say congrats again on your find/purchase.

I had come across this thread a while back when you first started it, but did not put two and two together when we met down at NSXCapades.

Next time, I definitely want to take a closer look at your car!

-jason

When you don't have to sell, you can take your time and wait for the right sucker, I mean, buyer , to come along ;)

Tabasco, not sure if you really want to sell your car or not.. it's been on sale for 5 years now? Maybe the price needs to be lowered. :)

he probably tells his wife it worth XXX so it will never sell.

" honey Im not gonna sell it for lower than I think its worth "

so he can keep it she will never be the wiser. :biggrin:

smart man, very smart man

After having the car for 2 months im really happy with my purchase. I bought this car heavily modded so i wouldnt have to spend a bunch more. Well that didnt work because i have already spent alot on it. LOL. Had a blast at Nsxcapades and got to meet alot of members. Also after seeing Oscardrivers ride which is so clean. I have to get the difflow rear diffuser. Here is a pic as she sits now.
nsxdem.jpg

carsncoffee.jpg

Back