• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Like many others cant find the right NSX

This site is amazing and i wanted to thank everyone for all the help so far. I cant believe in under 24hrs how many people have responded with excellent information

Here is a nice blue NSX for sale with only 12,500 miles. Fresh timing belt and water pump. Bought new from Ft Lauderdale in May 2001. One way tickets for me and my wife and a nice cruise back home. I am almost sure this baby knows its way back to Florida. High price-firm. :eek:

PerfectNSX_Cropped_50.jpg
I love your car and its what im looking for but at 65k or 60k im not sure since the price was at 58k with less miles its seems priced at what i could get an 02+ for. Sounds like you dont really want to sell it and i cant say i blame you since its a rare and low mileage car.

I love your car and its what im looking for but at 65k or 60k im not sure since the price was at 58k with less miles its seems priced at what i could get an 02+ for. Sounds like you dont really want to sell it and i cant say i blame you since its a rare and low mileage car.

After knowing what I know about the NSX, their build quality and the one that was on for sale with 400k miles for $15k, I'm not even concern with mileage as oppose to the condition of the car.

heck i rather have more miles to save $$$ for mods like KW V3, blowers, etc.

So what it has an accident! If the repair job and paint was done right, don't let this stop you from buying it!

These cars are getting harder and harder to find. Many have had minor accidents and/or paint repair. No biggie!

Remember, there are very few Ferrari's out there with 10k miles that have not had the front nose resprayed. Those that haven't been resprayed most likely have pits all over the nose.

Just a fact of life nowadays. Besides, with the paint technology out there, most can never tell there ever was a repair! Do you really think someone is going to pull up next to you at an intersection and say, "Nice car, but I see a speck of dirt in the paint on the rocker panel below the passenger door! Why did you buy such a POS?"

Thanks alot. There are a few cars I want to check out. The one in Miami with the SC looks good but says it was in an accident

Ron, what you have going for you is you are willing to pay fair market value for the right NSX. Too many times people want a steal because they know a guy who bought one cheap. I would focus on the 02+ black as those are much easier to come by and I have seen some deals over the past few months. I have never seen a "deal" on a clean blue NSX. For my first NSX I was not as picky with color or mileage as long as it was a targa. After owning one and deciding the NSX was for me, I began my search for what I considered the "right" NSX. I have been looking for a blue or white NA2 NSX for the past year and they are not easy to come by on the east coast. Thanks for jacking up the price on the MCB :wink: and good luck in your search.

Hey Aaron, word on the street is you acquired another beast, where's the pics pics pics

Took me almost two years to find my 05. even passed on a 13kmile 05 b/c it wasnt perfect.

good luck with your search

So what it has an accident! If the repair job and paint was done right, don't let this stop you from buying it!

These cars are getting harder and harder to find. Many have had minor accidents and/or paint repair. No biggie!

Remember, there are very few Ferrari's out there with 10k miles that have not had the front nose resprayed. Those that haven't been resprayed most likely have pits all over the nose.

Just a fact of life nowadays. Besides, with the paint technology out there, most can never tell there ever was a repair! Do you really think someone is going to pull up next to you at an intersection and say, "Nice car, but I see a speck of dirt in the paint on the rocker panel below the passenger door! Why did you buy such a POS?"

Rob is right about this! I couldn't agree more.

3 years of looking for a Rio Yellow and I decied that Spa Yellow would do. One month ago I became an owner. Keep up your search!

I found my second NSX in about a week, if you find one you like make sure you act quick and be prepare to pay the premium.

DING! DING! DING! This is great advice. I am always surprised how many people find a great NSX, for a good price, and then piss around online asking total strangers if it is a 'good deal', and then are surprised when someone else buys it. Find a nice car, get a fair price, and be happy.

After knowing what I know about the NSX, their build quality and the one that was on for sale with 400k miles for $15k, I'm not even concern with mileage as oppose to the condition of the car.

heck i rather have more miles to save $$$ for mods like KW V3, blowers, etc.

Amen brother. Mileage doesn't mean very much on the NSX, assuming it has been decently maintained. Even if it hasn't, it's fairly easy to refresh the car.

My ultimate dream is:

a 02+ NSX in red = Garage Queen

Mine = as it is right now with some extra work

a 94 NSX in red = MOD THE CRAP OUT OF IT

All for me!

beethoven.jpg
beethoven.jpg
beethoven.jpg

Amen brother. Mileage doesn't mean very much on the NSX, assuming it has been decently maintained. Even if it hasn't, it's fairly easy to refresh the car.

I can understand that a Targa top might be a garage queen since they are heavier and their chassis twists and creeks.

Great for the summer cruise. Not as great for a true driver's car...

+1 BATMANs comment

but to have a mint garage queen and one day your tell you self I never drive so lets sell it. dummm asssss

get an NSX mod the hell out of it and drive it. no need for a second NSX rotting away in the garage

+1 BATMANs comment

but to have a mint garage queen and one day your tell you self I never drive so lets sell it. dummm asssss

get an NSX mod the hell out of it and drive it. no need for a second NSX rotting away in the garage

Life is short and you dun want to die of something without really enjoying it only to find out in the afterlife some other man is driving your car and chilling with your wifey.....

I can understand that a Targa top might be a garage queen since they are heavier and their chassis twists and creeks.

Great for the summer cruise. Not as great for a true driver's car...

But still stock vs stock, the Targa Na2's will smoke any Na1 :biggrin: ... which I don't think is a bad thing .... just saying

Now, Back to topic!

Oscar

I put an offer on 00 MB /tan with 32k on it. I will know after 5 today if we can make it work. I will keep you guys posted. I decided if I can get this one for the right price I can drive it for a few years and always buy another one. I plan on always having an Nsx once I finally own one

I put an offer on 00 MB /tan with 32k on it. I will know after 5 today if we can make it work. I will keep you guys posted. I decided if I can get this one for the right price I can drive it for a few years and always buy another one. I plan on always having an Nsx once I finally own one

Congrats, I hope it works, you will NEVER regret, all I think Stock NSX's Na2's do need, is a proper suspension (full coilover), some spacers (H&R 25mm all around if possible, really not expensive) ... some type-R chassis reinforcements (really cheap) and a proper exhaust like, Pride, then you are ready to go!

The car goes form GREAT, to FANTASTIC!

Oscar

But still stock vs stock, the Targa Na2's will smoke any Na1 :biggrin: ... which I don't think is a bad thing .... just saying

Now, Back to topic!

Oscar

In an off the line drag race - most likely since the newer NSX not only have more power, but also has the gearing and wider tires.

However, on a technical track, I think the coupe's more rigid body will edge out.

In an off the line drag race - most likely since the newer NSX not only have more power, but also has the gearing and wider tires.

However, on a technical track, I think the coupe's more rigid body will edge out.

More rigid = YES, but still it will be setting slower times, come on man, you know that, why are we even discussing this? Driver makes difference too, but, take the SAME DRIVER, 2 stock nsx's, the Na2 will be @ least 2 seconds faster a lap, we all know that.

Oscar

More rigid = YES, but still it will be setting slower times, come on man, you know that, why are we even discussing this? Driver makes difference too, but, take the SAME DRIVER, 2 stock nsx's, the Na2 will be @ least 2 seconds faster a lap, we all know that.

Oscar

2 seconds? what course is that? not some PS3 GT game is this?

well if you stripped a coupe and put every single wire and bolt from an NA2 then matched them together

the targa will get beat hands down.
im just sayin

I enjoy watching the Internet races... *kicks up feet*

drinking_coffee.png

Last edited:
Now, Back to topic!

Oscar

Again, let's go back to the OP topic and not turn this into a Na1 vs Na2 childish debate ... we all know what the Na1 vs Na2 weaknesses and stronger parts are etc etc etc

Oscar

Back