• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Local Dealer says new NSX starting at 150k

The NSX Concept is almost exactly what Perry and I said it would be. Just sayin. :wink:

$90,500

Simply offering a direct quote from an Acura sales manager, draw your own conclusions...

Like most information in the Unicorn section, pure speculation until we see a car on a showroom floor with a sticker on the window. Simple as that.
Otherwise, we are having a good time inflating balloons shaped like unicorns and butterflies with our enthusiatic chatter, lighten up ya'll :rolleyes:

I'm willing to hold a friendly wager cars will be available the first year at MSRP after the hype dies. Heck there we're still brand new first year unsold GTR's available two years after it debuted. Let the "rich gotta have it first guys" pay for the dealers kids college tuition I'll be there when the dealer is tired of making loan payments on the ones left over and is willing to go invoice:biggrin:

No need for a wager lol. Some might be available at MSRP at first launch. Everything is speculation for now. Only time shall tell.

Here's an idea.
Whay don't we start a new thread (who needs a new one !) and make it a survey type where anyone can post his Prime user name and what he thinks the "BASE+Delivery charge" price will be when it is announced by Acura.
No cents, just dollars.

Whoever is closest (either over or under) gets the win and, who knows, maybe a free NSX2, courtesy of our benevolent dealers !

Perhaps Lud can make it a Sticky.

All of this price and performance speculation is fun. But, "good things come to those who wait". I waited 20 years to get the the car I lusted over in 1991. So I guess that if the new NSX is even built I'll have to wait another 20 years. Let's see... I'll be over 70 then and we'll all be entering GPS coordinates into our cars and set the performance to sport then the car will drive us through spirited turns to our destination in fusion powered cars named NSX 3.5. So much to look forward to. Especially the 150+ Prime threads speculating about the next NSX.

Here's an idea.
Whay don't we start a new thread (who needs a new one !) and make it a survey type where anyone can post his Prime user name and what he thinks the "BASE+Delivery charge" price will be when it is announced by Acura.
No cents, just dollars.

Whoever is closest (either over or under) gets the win and, who knows, maybe a free NSX2, courtesy of our benevolent dealers !

Perhaps Lud can make it a Sticky.

:eek::eek:I proposed that back on post #48!

Gary

The NSX Concept is almost exactly what Perry and I said it would be. Just sayin. :wink:

$90,500

We got ABSOLUTELY no street cred for calling this one either lol I spoke to one of the only guys who's driven one of the mules and still keep getting looked at like I'm short. My own kid brother told me Mitch/Meetcha knew more about the new NSX because he's been into Honda longer ..NO RESPECT LOL

No need for a wager lol. Some might be available at MSRP at first launch. Everything is speculation for now. Only time shall tell.

Well it's not speculation that the car is coming at this point just when is what we don't know yet. Plus I was just talking trash. I've got one five dollar bet with Dave and that's my limit :biggrin:

Seriously. The new NSX is about as real as unicorn farts.

It's a real car chief. The ASCC was a real car to Honda just canceled it before market. It did make it past concept and was ready for production but Ito hated the thought of it and pulled the plug pretty much his first day in. The NSX's biggest nemesis has been Ito since day one. It's odd because he worked on the original NSX:confused:

If you go back to the LFA debut at the Tokyo autoshow you can read how Ito shows up with the then new CRZ talking all kinds of trash about how the LFA was a "dinosaur and monster". Ito also canceled the S2000 redo. he wanted to replace it with a convertible Honda Beat. It's only been due to Honda insiders continuing to try and find a way to bring the NSX back that we have NSX 2.0. They put together the current concept made a mule and he was impressed after driving it plus with all of it's parts sharing he gave the green light.

Also what most of you don't know is the real reason why the NSX doesn't have any throwback styling cues to the first is due to the new R&D chief. In an interview he put down the CRZ for it's looks. He prefers more futuristic looks. LOL The power question being "painful" still cracks me up lol

MT: And of course you have the new CR-Z now, the first hybrid with a six-speed manual.

KS: Yeah, we do, but I am not a big fan of it. I think its face is too aggressive, too in your face. I wanted it to have a more futuristic design.

MT: And what about the power of the car? Is it powerful enough?

KS: Hmm, that's a painful question. Let's put it like this. With our next generation of sports cars, we will offer a slightly different definition. Like the CR-Z, they won't just be cars that offer moderate acceleration, but deliver driving thrills and cornering fun while still giving drivers a feeling of topless and free. Part of our plan was to get the CR-Z on the road and see what the market wants. So we expect to add to this lineup soon.

[QUOTE/]

:eek::eek:I proposed that back on post #48!

Gary

Gary,Gary; I am so sorry.
If there will be such a thread, I will make sure to pass on any credit I get, to you. I may retain a 5% commission for boosting your idea :biggrin:

mmmmmm unicorn farts....I wonder what they smell like?.............................................ok I'm in for 105,350. msrp....taxes and fees can vary between states.

MT: And what about the power of the car? Is it powerful enough?

KS: Hmm, that's a painful question. Let's put it like this. With our next generation of sports cars, we will offer a slightly different definition. Like the CR-Z, they won't just be cars that offer moderate acceleration, but deliver driving thrills and cornering fun while still giving drivers a feeling of topless and free. Part of our plan was to get the CR-Z on the road and see what the market wants. So we expect to add to this lineup soon.

Not encouraging.

You can turn the flames on now, but for $150K+ I'll just buy this instead:

ESPRIT SPECIFICATION
Layout 2 seater, mid-engined, rear wheel drive
Engine Petrol, hybrid optional
Hybrid technology Optional KERS
Cylinder V8
Capacity 5.0 litre
Power/Torque 620 PS / 720 Nm
Rev limit 8,500 rpm
0-100 km/h 3.4 seconds
Top speed 330 km/h
CO2 approx (CO2/km) 250 g/km**
Weight 1,450 kg
Seats 2
Transmission 7 Speed DCT
Drive RWD
Start of production End of 2012
Enters the market Spring 2013
Price indication Circa £110,000
*Please refer to the "Further Information" section in the Media Kit for information relating to this specification
**Using optional hybrid technolgy

There is no way the NSX 2.0 will be under $100K. My guess is around $125-150K. Anything higher than $150K a lot of people will be looking for a used F458 instead(after ~ 3yrs a good condition early F458 should be below $200K).

You can turn the flames on now, but for $150K+ I'll just buy this instead:

ESPRIT SPECIFICATION
Layout 2 seater, mid-engined, rear wheel drive
Engine Petrol, hybrid optional
Hybrid technology Optional KERS
Cylinder V8
Capacity 5.0 litre
Power/Torque 620 PS / 720 Nm
Rev limit 8,500 rpm
0-100 km/h 3.4 seconds
Top speed 330 km/h
CO2 approx (CO2/km) 250 g/km**
Weight 1,450 kg
Seats 2
Transmission 7 Speed DCT
Drive RWD
Start of production End of 2012
Enters the market Spring 2013
Price indication Circa £110,000
*Please refer to the "Further Information" section in the Media Kit for information relating to this specification
**Using optional hybrid technolgy

LOL What flames just another reason why I don't see Honda pricing the car that high. Interesting that Lotus will be making KERS optional. Be very interting to see how their set up works. No idea it was this far along.

I am going to low ball with $99,900

The Espirit has always been an NSX competitor. Here it is going to be priced between 150-200K. The hybrid model is going to be even more than the standard model. So I doubt the NSX will be under 100K.

The Espirit has always been an NSX competitor. Here it is going to be priced between 150-200K. The hybrid model is going to be even more than the standard model. So I doubt the NSX will be under 100K.

Costs are higher with Lotus than with Honda. Again though our NSX didn't parts share like this new car is going to. Until Honda says the suspension will be aluminum forged and will be using titanium bits in the engine and in other areas along with CF and magnesium I still don't see why it should cost more than a GTR.

$150k for the 2013 NSX makes sense since Acura Dealers will markup the price since the car will be have low production and high demand in the first year. There will be no automaker incentives for this car so do not expect it to be affordable at all.

I still don't see why it should cost more than a GTR.

Because it is a hybrid. Because it needs to weigh a lot less despite being a hybrid. Unless you start using exotic materials, that won't happen. Exotic materials are expensive, as is a whole hybrid system. I can almost guarantee it would have been cheaper to stuff the V10 in there.

Because it is a hybrid. Because it needs to weigh a lot less despite being a hybrid. Unless you start using exotic materials, that won't happen. Exotic materials are expensive, as is a whole hybrid system. I can almost guarantee it would have been cheaper to stuff the V10 in there.

It's not a big car. CRZ isn't that heavy because it's small. No V10 would have been more expensive as that engine would not have been shared and it's tech was for it alone. Also at this point we don't even know what platform it's sharing or if it will have it's own.

Lastly Acuras whole business philosophy is "SMART LUXURY" as they don't wish to spend the money for V8's and RWD platforms hence the V6 using motors to give "V8" like acceleration but not apparently V8 costs.

Until they announce an exotic high perfromance V6 that's diffrent from the rest of the line up and that the car will be hand assembled it's still GTR money by nature of a V6 and parts sharing.

Costs are higher with Lotus than with Honda. Again though our NSX didn't parts share like this new car is going to. Until Honda says the suspension will be aluminum forged and will be using titanium bits in the engine and in other areas along with CF and magnesium I still don't see why it should cost more than a GTR.

What on earth makes you think it's going to be less than 85k? You do realize that an 04 was more than that new right? Hell the 91s where over 50k and that was 21 years ago.

What on earth makes you think it's going to be less than 85k? You do realize that an 04 was more than that new right? Hell the 91s where over 50k and that was 21 years ago.

Yes I do because I bought my 04 new. Unlike my 04 this next NSX will be sharing unless Honda says different it's engine and hybrid tech with the RL , TL and MDX. Also the car will be built in the US so the sky high yen that inflates the price of the GTR as well is also out of the equation. So the most expensive parts engine , powertrain and electric motors costs are being shared with three other vehicles. Next most expensive thing will be the aluminum body which will be unique to the car but it may platform share the underpinnings. The old NSX didn't share any of those things with anything else in the Acura line up hence the higher costs

Well I hope you are wrong because I REALLY don't want to see an 85K nsx 2.0. Yes, I want it to cost more and be a better more exclusive car. I'll buy one used if need be and I don't want to see them all over the place.

At $85k it won't be everywhere. Heck it will sell just a little better than the old NSX but the tech and price will bring a lot of people in. At that price it will be a "Smart Luxury" choice. At that price a V6 makes sense.

Nissan understood this but even so they don't sell that many and the market isn't flooded with GTR's. At $120-150k for a V6 they would sell so few it wouldn't be worth making. They don't want a repeat of NSX 1.0 they want it to sell well.

Also understand Honda is not interested in you buying a used one so the Acura dealer can make money on oil changes. New cars make the business plan not a car they think will sell better used. Seriously that means "FAIL" just like the old NSX.

Last edited:
Back