• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Loud clicking sound...please help

Hi,

did any fellow X owner ever come across loud clicking sound from either under the airbag or behind the glove box? It seems to come on intermittently and whenever the mode botton of the climate control in any position except defogger. Its like a mechanical clicking. I am wondering if its from the HVAC unit and which part. Perhaps the mode control unit?

any info really appreciated.
Thanks,
Bernard

Hi,

did any fellow X owner ever come across loud clicking sound from either under the airbag or behind the glove box? It seems to come on intermittently and whenever the mode botton of the climate control in any position except defogger. Its like a mechanical clicking. I am wondering if its from the HVAC unit and which part. Perhaps the mode control unit?

any info really appreciated.
Thanks,
Bernard

I have no idea..relay maybe?

Sounds like a relay.

I hear the main relay likes to go out occasionally? Maybe something to look into.

I guess it can be a relay sound, but it comes on when the climate ctrl mode is to upper vent, lower vet, both, every mode except when defog mode.

Thanks

The mode control motor is on the right side of the center console. If the clicking is comming from it would sound like the noise is comming from under the air bag. Since you are having CCU issues I would get the CCU problems taken care of which will likelly solve your noisy mode motor issue.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107499

Back