• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

LoveFab produces 433whp with AEM FIC piggyback unit

If your car is an OBD1 model(91-94), I agree with you! The FIC was designed for OBD2 cars, but will work on OBD1 units provided you have solid data from an OBD2 car to upload to the FIC.

I use the AEM EMS in my 92 because it's the best system available for the OBD1 model cars. I will be using the AEM FIC in my 1995 because its the best system available for the OBD2 applications, and because the car will not be pushed to extreme power levels.

Okay, my question still has not been truly answered. I’m looking for an answer similar to that of which Autowave gave me when I asked about the AEM EMS. Autowave told me that with an AEM EMS, not only will you get a more reliable setup for your mods, but you should also see a HP increase of anywhere between 15 and 30 HP to the wheels. With that being said, can anybody give me the same proven results using the AEM FIC????

Note: My car is a 99’ with a CTSC high boost kit, exhaust, headers and intake.

If your car is an OBD1 model(91-94), I agree with you! The FIC was designed for OBD2 cars, but will work on OBD1 units provided you have solid data from an OBD2 car to upload to the FIC.

I use the AEM EMS in my 92 because it's the best system available for the OBD1 model cars. I will be using the AEM FIC in my 1995 because its the best system available for the OBD2 applications, and because the car will not be pushed to extreme power levels.

I have a 92..... :eek:

Okay, my question still has not been truly answered. I’m looking for an answer similar to that of which Autowave gave me when I asked about the AEM EMS. Autowave told me that with an AEM EMS, not only will you get a more reliable setup for your mods, but you should also see a HP increase of anywhere between 15 and 30 HP to the wheels. With that being said, can anybody give me the same proven results using the AEM FIC????

Note: My car is a 99’ with a CTSC high boost kit, exhaust, headers and intake.

I answered you above. Not sure what else you want to hear? It can make power the same way the AEM EMS can. But it does not have the controllability of some of the "safety" tables per se.

Dave, the new AEM FIC is a piggy back that will control fuel AND timing..
Yes, but one disadvantage is it can't *advance* timing...just retard it... (Unlike like a full stand alone EMS)

Also it doesn't have a speed or gear based boost control feature which comes in handy in higher HP applications...

Yes, but one disadvantage is it can't *advance* timing...just retard it... (Unlike like a full stand alone EMS)

Also it doesn't have a speed or gear based boost control feature which comes in handy in higher HP applications...

That is true. However, for individuals with low HP applications (under 475rwhp), this is perfect. If one wishes to step up to the higher rwhp level, then he/she can simply upgrade to a full stand alone and sell the FIC.

It is a great solution for more simplistic turbo setups. But, you are right, it does not compare to a full stand alone EMS.

I recommend the AEM EMS if you are OBD1(1991-1994) and if you are trying to produce any significant amount of power. Nathan's recommendation of 475+ is a good one because 1st and most of 2nd gear generally goes up in smoke at much above 500whp.

Since the AEM EMS is not compatible with the OBDII NSX, use the F/IC and let the factory Traction Control System keep things under control. WOODY's NSX at 18-19psi(550+whp) is FULLY driveable in any gear because the traction control modulates the throttle, lowers boost, and keeps the wheels from going up in smoke.

The F/IC with adapter harness runs near $600.00. This is a bargain when you consider the cost/benefit ratio!

Bump from the dead....

From the other thread, "the FIC can only retard timing, not increase it" - meaning it's essentially worthless for N/A tuning? Seems to be great for conservatively tuned S/C and Turbo, but what about NA strokers?

unless you are at something like 13:1 compression with bigger injectors and need to pull timing, and fuel.

Don't give me any ideas... Can the FIC load and switch between two different tunes? I can imagine doing something like that and retarding timing on pump gas, then opening 'er up when I'm at the track on race gas...

Back