• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

LoveFab's Big Power Winter build!

Cody, when you say "the most conservative dyno we could find" I'm assuming you dyno'ed the 920rwhp on a mustang dyno?? :)

Also, what will be required to prevent the stock 5-speed trans from grenading at those power levels?

Congrats on the numbers that rocketship put down* I'd bet that sucker would pull on a champ car past 100mph!! lol. :D

Cody, when you say "the most conservative dyno we could find" I'm assuming you dyno'ed the 920rwhp on a mustang dyno?? :)

Your assumption is correct. We have always used the lowest reading dynamometer that we can find which has consistently been the Mustang. Here is an example of more dynamometer data gathered from an NSX running at 14.5psi. The tests were performed during two back to back days.

Mustang Dyno #1- 551.2 HP
Mustang Dyno #2- 553.7 HP
Dynojet- 570.2 HP
Dyno Dynamics #1- 577.2 HP
Dyno Dynamics #2- 584.3 HP
DynaPak- 592.8 HP

Obviously each dyno reads differently, but this data along with other testing that we have performed clearly shows that the Mustang dyno’s consistently read lower than most other dyno’s.

We always prefer to report the lowest numbers so if a customer leaves the shop and straps down to test their HP numbers again later, they are not disappointed. It’s really nice to hear from customers after their car magically makes more power than when the car left our shop. :biggrin:

On another interesting note, our fuel consumption matches pretty well with the dyno numbers that were reported from the most recent 920 HP test.

I'm having scanner issues so when those are sorted, I'll post the graph.

Very impressive* ...SO CLOSE to the benchmark 1000rw mark Cody. That would be SUCH a bragging right for the lightweight all-aluminum NSX. With mid engine placement and ~2700lb street weights readily achievable that kind of power would give nothing short of the 1980's GTP car level acceleration! :biggrin:

Got the scanner up and running:

CCF06102008_00000small.JPG

FYI guys, this motor has over 20,000 miles tallied up with well over 550WHP since day one.

Because we push our shop cars so hard, this enables us to build reliable vehicles for our customers. Along the way, our information is shared with the community to hopefully shed some light on what it takes to send these cars above and beyond todays Supercars!

Based on a very conservative 12% drivetrain loss, the power at the crank is right around 1050HP. Combine that with a 2700lb curb weight and the power/weight ratio is right around 2.57lbs/HP. For comparisons's sake, a Bugatti Veyron is right around 4.2lbs/HP. No matter how you slice it, that is pretty cool :)

You're right, that is pretty cool. Very cool. I know you aren't building the car for this, but I have to wonder what the top speed would be with the right gearing and some aerodynamic body pieces.

I was able to hit 8200rpm in 5th gear last year with only 550whp; that happened in only 18 seconds from 60mph. Yes, the speedo was wrapped. No I won't do it again.

I don't even want to guess how fast the car would go with this much power, but I'm sure well into the 200mph range.

I was able to hit 8200rpm in 5th gear last year with only 550whp; that happened in only 18 seconds from 60mph...
Was that with the regular 5-speed trans running a stock rear gear ratio?? :eek: :smile:

Was that with the regular 5-speed trans running a stock rear gear ratio?? :eek: :smile:

Yep nothing special just a stock 5 speed and some very thick gear oil. This is the second transmission I've had in this car which when you consider the history of the car, that is doing pretty well!

I'd be really curious to see still though. Perhaps a customer will do it? I know that all the magazines don't consider anything a supercar unless it can go past the 200mph mark easily.

topgear

On an upcoming episode of the New Top Gear in US....

"well ya'll we are here today at laguna seca driving this beautiful veyron and on the straights as you can see we are hitting "190mph" ;now as you can tell the handling is supe.................WTF did Tim allen just blow my doors off with..yes guys that was black NSX you just saw with over 1000crank hp in an all aluminum chassis."

we can dream.

Yep nothing special just a stock 5 speed and some very thick gear oil. This is the second transmission I've had in this car which when you consider the history of the car, that is doing pretty well!

Congrats on taking the beast to the next level! Supercars Exposed should be featuing you!

I was able to hit 8200rpm in 5th gear last year with only 550whp; that happened in only 18 seconds from 60mph. Yes, the speedo was wrapped. No I won't do it again.

I don't even want to guess how fast the car would go with this much power, but I'm sure well into the 200mph range.

I'd like to tack a crack at the 200+ MPH range. :biggrin:

Cody how long did your first tranny last before you changed it? I am wondering if I should get spares.:wink:

Also I remember one of your vids you broke an axle, how do you think these would hold up on hard launches or continuous lunges forward while rolling?

With all this power the next liable thing is going to need beefing up. I have seen this in many other cars. These parts on the NSX are no joke in prices.:redface:

Gil

Back