• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

McLaren P1 on the Nurburgring

Sweet Baby Jesus...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ydBFCUhwku8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow. Sounds like a giant jet turbine when approaching, and a clap of thunder on the exit.

I think physicists are going to need to revisit the principles underlying the Doppler Effect after this car drops.

:eek:

The thing reminds me of Darth Vader

Mother of God. That sounded amazing, whine and all. I replayed it a few times.

That is one Bad a$$ Hybrid.

What is that jet like whistling noise??

The car has a DCT!! Get your facts straight

The sound you hear is the dog gears found in the "stand corrected DCT transmission"... and you asked what the sound was - its the gearbox

Dog gears are what make sequential transmissions work the way they do... they also are used to make DCT transmissions function.. and that's exactly what they sound like

I could care less what kind of tranny the P1 has so Ritesh is the official "fact-n-esta"...

oh yeah... don't talk to me like that ever again

What's the deal with straight cut gears? I know from Fishing, Shimano's gears are butter smooth when you turn the handle and they are not straight cut.
Other reels that I own have straight cut gears and I guess you give up smoothness for Power?

Any how, that video gave me goose bumps. Can't wait to play it on my 60" plasma when I get home.

its the sequential gear box with straight cut gears

- - - Updated - - -

What's the deal with straight cut gears? I know from Fishing, Shimano's gears are butter smooth when you turn the handle and they are not straight cut.
Other reels that I own have straight cut gears and I guess you give up smoothness for Power?

Any how, that video gave me goose bumps. Can't wait to play it on my 60" plasma when I get home.

its the sequential gear box with straight cut gears

Last edited:
here is a short video of the P1, Porsche 918 (for a few sec) and an Aventador on the ring

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wyJeoWCJhGk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back