• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Meeyatch1 + Detroit Auto Show Press Day + NSX unveiling = AWESOME!!

Mitch,
A big thanks for the photos'!
The car looks good to me, but like all show cars, what will the changes be?
'Cause for sure, it will not look the same as what we saw today.
I'm also willing to guess that the NSX will be built on it's own production line, another reason for a three year window to start up, as well as everything Honcho previously mentioned.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UzaynkoC04k?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here you go boys and girls....more pictures...better quality this time. :)

DSC_0642.jpg

DSC_0643.jpg

DSC_0649.jpg

DSC_0648.jpg

DSC_0647.jpg

DSC_0646.jpg

DSC_0645.jpg

DSC_0644.jpg

DSC_0652.jpg

DSC_0653.jpg

DSC_0654.jpg

....yep...I have more... :D

DSC_0668.jpg

DSC_0669.jpg

DSC_0670.jpg

DSC_0671.jpg

DSC_0672.jpg

DSC_0673.jpg

Off to dinner with the boys and girls from American Honda....hopefully some additional information will be gleaned from the dinner. Enjoy! :D

Looks sick! I was talking to my rep, I think Im going to get one. I was thinking I wanted a 996 Turbo but this kind of changes things for me.

Michael, agreed!!!

Are you taking orders yet???????

John

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UzaynkoC04k?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

After watching that I reallyyyyyy want one now

Found some concept specs.

NSX Concept
Length, mm - 4,330
Width, mm - 1,895
Height, mm - 1,160
Wheelbase, mm - 2,575
Wheel size, in - 19x9 (front); 20x10 (rear)
Tire Size - 255/35R19 (front); 275/30R20 (rear)

Observations of an anti-2.0 NSXer:

Why the NSX name? It is New, it may be a Sports car, but its a Concept, that's NXC last time I checked. Experimental as a tag gets applied when it actually works and you are testing it. This non-moving mockup with no interior is not a final design...I hope.

There is no single styling cue to carry the lineage I can see, so is it that its a mid-engine?

See the narrow trunk area that in no way will hold a golf bag, let alone a club. Maybe the front hood that has no body seams at all so must open to the fender lines will have room...

What's with the vertical outboard exhaust tips? Not good looking, and look at the radical pipe bends that must occur for them to get out there with the rear fender being so short.

The front is somewhat insect like, with that goofy new shield shaped smile that has seemed to find its way into everything Acura.

Side view - Mostly the look of the HSC.

Needlessly large wheels that look HEAVY - that's their idea of sports car? Maybe they are magnesium.

Hybrid with regeneration braking is HEAVY - Maybe they invented light weight batteries. Maybe not.

The doors obviously do not open, and could be OK if they were to go out and up somewhat, like the Aston Martins do.

In the original and the refresh NSXs, there were no wasted lines, extra creases or random shapes, everything had a purpose, and that cleanliness of line made for a classic shape.

lipstick+pig=Hillary Clinton. Oh, I mean This cannot be a usable design without major changes, and 3 years? Really? In three years the Ford F*ckus will be a 500hp hybrid...

So how much did Obama write the check for to get the UAW secured to build this? These daytime drunks are not concerned about quality, perfection or detail.

Sad, sad, sad.

Honda, Acura, whoever you are - change the name.

I really like its design for how the front has arches again and I feel they nailed the rear end.

However, Acura/Honda is like the hot girl who loves attention but will never put out...somehow I feel this, like other NSX concepts of past will not be made.

Why would Honda be so stupid as to premier a "halo" car for its brand and not give out any other specs as to powertrain etc??? It shows that Honda is not serious at all about releasing another NSX and might be using this concept as a way to re-invigorate the brand (draw attention to other models) instead.

My money is with Porsche for product and brand development. Google 911 launch control...

I'm glad they kept the big ass tail light motif on the new NSX prototype.

Observations of an anti-2.0 NSXer:

Why the NSX name? It is New, it may be a Sports car, but its a Concept, that's NXC last time I checked. Experimental as a tag gets applied when it actually works and you are testing it. This non-moving mockup with no interior is not a final design...I hope.

There is no single styling cue to carry the lineage I can see, so is it that its a mid-engine?

See the narrow trunk area that in no way will hold a golf bag, let alone a club. Maybe the front hood that has no body seams at all so must open to the fender lines will have room...

What's with the vertical outboard exhaust tips? Not good looking, and look at the radical pipe bends that must occur for them to get out there with the rear fender being so short.

The front is somewhat insect like, with that goofy new shield shaped smile that has seemed to find its way into everything Acura.

Side view - Mostly the look of the HSC.

Needlessly large wheels that look HEAVY - that's their idea of sports car? Maybe they are magnesium.

Hybrid with regeneration braking is HEAVY - Maybe they invented light weight batteries. Maybe not.

The doors obviously do not open, and could be OK if they were to go out and up somewhat, like the Aston Martins do.

In the original and the refresh NSXs, there were no wasted lines, extra creases or random shapes, everything had a purpose, and that cleanliness of line made for a classic shape.

lipstick+pig=Hillary Clinton. Oh, I mean This cannot be a usable design without major changes, and 3 years? Really? In three years the Ford F*ckus will be a 500hp hybrid...

So how much did Obama write the check for to get the UAW secured to build this? These daytime drunks are not concerned about quality, perfection or detail.

Sad, sad, sad.

Honda, Acura, whoever you are - change the name.

The UAW has nothing to do with this. Honda etc is a non- union work force in the states.

I hope everyone gives this car a chance and waits until they see it in person. It really is fantastic.

That's it. I'm smitten. Where do I sign up? Screw the GTR.

For now - how about in 3 years?

UAW Sets sights on Honda...

No way. Honda will jot do it mark my words. When that idiot Bob king of the UAW wants to charge Hyundai with human rights violations because they do not have a union who can take them seriously? I just do not see into matter how desperate, small and insignificant the UAW becomes.

3 years to market, that's taking toooo long.
By that time, my NSX will be close to 25 years old, qualifed as a classic!?
Building it in Ohio than in Japan do give me some concerns but I am sure the Honda workforce will share the same dedications and passions as the Japan counterparts. Bring on the RHDs..am sure all the critics on this forum will be writing checks as soon as deposits are open while dealers will sell above MSRP like the initial launch of NSX decades ago.. In HK we have close to 100 buyers of the soon to launch MP-4 with no delivery dates. Now if only the HK distributor , DCH, get its act together too with Acura as they basically withdrew the brand from this market years ago.

Had some fun with Photoshop tonight...
old school black top with black nose and wheels

just attachments if you wanna see them

Attachments

• NSXRCHOP.jpg
    NSXRCHOP.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 183
  • NSXRCHOP2-DarkBeak.jpg
    NSXRCHOP2-DarkBeak.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 181
  • NSXRCHOP3.jpg
    NSXRCHOP3.jpg