• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Meeyatch1 + Detroit Auto Show Press Day + NSX unveiling = AWESOME!!

The exterior design is everything Audi failed to do on the R8. Good job Honda. Just get it out soon so it wouldn't be outdated by the time you guys put it into the market.

I love my nsx and how it makes me feel when i drive it.
I like and admire the union made corvette ZR1.

This is ABSOLUTELY what i was hoping the next NSX would look like. I do not believe the next nsx can capture me the way the Porsche 918 did when i saw the this video. This was meant to be a sportscar, not sure what the nsx will be yet, other than a fuel efficient 3.7L v-6.
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZdpqtuicEYs?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZdpqtuicEYs?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Why all the talking down of Ohio? By actual measures (like number of problems per 100 vehicles made) the Honda plant in East Liberty, OH is one of the top 5 plants in the world in terms of quality. In 2009 (one year I found) it ranked above Honda plants in Japan, below one Toyota plant in Japan, #1 in all of North America across all makes). Given currency and other shifts it has also become even more expensive, relatively speaking, to produce in Japan than over here.

Assuming you want quality and as reasonable a price as possible...Ohio is the logical choice for Honda at this time.

Overall I like the conceptual design really well. If the design and engineering of the details are done well (and they actually make it) it will be a great car.

On the wheels...I knew if I kept mine long enough that 5-spokes would come back in style. <ducks>

Last edited:
In five years, most of the Honda cars will probably be made in the US with the crashing U.S dollars. I'm looking forward to this car! Time to figure out my finances.

I am hoping that Honda is doing something uncommon in the auto industry and under-promising and will be over-delivering, as far as production timeline.

Wasn't the HSC 3 years out as well. Look what happened to that.

I share your pessimism.

However, I think this is the first time (unlike with HSC & HSV-010 GT) that Honda has actually used the NSX name for any of the concepts. The CEO seems supportive. Hybrid technology is more mature than back when the HSC was a concept. So maybe more than 0% likelihood.

Last edited:
What kind of performance can be expected of a NA 3.7L v-tech v-6 with AWD and motors driving the front wheels?

Your post was a real buzz kill. The first time I saw the video I thought I counted 8 pistons...sure enough, 6 it is. :frown:

Still, probably 500+ hp between the engine (400) and the two motors (50 each). Not the 562 of the 458 Italia or 592 of MP4-12C...but also not in the same price category (half the price?).

Last edited:
Your post was a real buzz kill. The first time I saw the video I thought I counted 8 pistons...sure enough, 6 it is. :frown:

Im still an NSX supporter, but i didn't get any goosebumps with the unveiling. I tried to love it, but it's more like...........................really?:confused:

I share your pessimism.

However, I think this is the first time (HSC, the front-engine thing everyone was calling the next NSX a couple years ago) that Honda has actually used the NSX name for any of the concepts. The CEO seems supportive. Hybrid technology is more mature than back when the HSC was a concept. So maybe more than 0% likelihood.

HSC, google it.

The new acura/honda nsx is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am so glad they kept it mid engine!

Last edited:
Slam it and put a wing on it!

Ok here is a wing that carries the lines back

(edit) and the more I look at this car... yea... it needs a wing of some sort

Attachments

• NSXRCHOP- with low rear wing.jpg
    NSXRCHOP- with low rear wing.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 272
  • NSXRCHOP2 - with low wing.jpg
    NSXRCHOP2 - with low wing.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
However, I think this is the first time (HSC, the front-engine thing everyone was calling the next NSX a couple years ago) that Honda has actually used the NSX name for any of the concepts.

HSC, google it.

Sorry, for not being more clear. I was saying that Honda has not used the name "NSX" for previous concepts that others called "NSX" and I was citing two examples:

1. HSC
2. the front-engine thing everyone was calling the next NSX a couple years ago.

Some googling reveals the name of #2 to be "HSV-010 GT" so I will go edit my post for clarity.

Gang....I know we have all been waiting for a new NSX for quite some time, and that we were let down in the past. But after spending the last couple of days talking with some of executive management at American Honda, their design team, and their marketing team, I really believe that they are going to make this car happen, and it is going to be amazing.

It sounds like they had a wake-up call the last few years due to having cars that were not that exciting, and really lacked the original Acura vision of precision crafted performance. The impression that I got from some of the design team that I spoke with was that the topic of many meetings internally has been essentially, '....we need to build cars that get people excited again'. The enthusiasm and pride in their voices was evident.

The car really does look awesome in person. I wish everyone could have seen it. I think we have something exciting to look forward to in the next couple of years. :smile:

Looks sick! I was talking to my rep, I think Im going to get one. I was thinking I wanted a 996 Turbo but this kind of changes things for me.

I am in the same situation. I have been closing in on getting a 996 Twin Turbo, but seeing this car has put a stop to that. Instead I am going to make sure that all my ducks are in a row so that I can get one of the new NSXs when it is released.

What kind of performance can be expected of a NA 3.7L v-tech v-6 with AWD and motors driving the front wheels?

My guess is 350HP V6 plus 2 motors @ 75HP each. Total 500HP.

To me, the biggest failure is "3 years out". This car should have been ready to go NOW. My guess is the hybrid technology they want to use isn't ready yet.

I'm of the opinion that they're not very far along in the design cycle of this machine. If that's the case, then it'll be a bloody miracle if they can get a decent car engineered and on a production line within 3 years.

I know we're all eager for a new car, and 3 years seems like an eternity but if they just started engaging on this in the past 12 months then they need at LEAST 3 years to do this any kind of justice. Even that I think is way too aggressive for a whole new platform with all new technology.

I like it! I just hope it has that "rawness" feel like the original NSX and S2000. Glad to see honda coming back to its roots.

What concerns me about the 2 motors in the front is do they run out of power? I mean in the grand scheme of things 400hp internal combustion engine plus 2 x 50 hp motors does not = 500hp. Most of the propulsion would be from the 400hp engine in the back and the motors in the front would probably only help when the SH AWD comes into play during hard launching or while cornering. But again, since these motors uses electricity that are stored in batteries, how long do they last before they run out of juice and how long does it take to charge them up before they can be used again?

What concerns me about the 2 motors in the front is do they run out of power? I mean in the grand scheme of things 400hp internal combustion engine plus 2 x 50 hp motors does not = 500hp. Most of the propulsion would be from the 400hp engine in the back and the motors in the front would probably only help when the SH AWD comes into play during hard launching or while cornering. But again, since these motors uses electricity that are stored in batteries, how long do they last before they run out of juice and how long does it take to charge them up before they can be used again?

That is the million dollar question. When the battery is done, now I am lugging around 400lbs of dead weight on the track. While you will most likely never see this problem in the street, it makes for a crappy track car. But maybe the technology in 3 years will keep the batteries going non-stop with regenetive braking.

The motors will have 100% power on demand. Honda is using a system similar to KERS in Formula 1. They are putting a motor in the gearbox that is parasittic and constantly charges the lithium ion battery pack. So, whenever the engine is running, even in park and neutral, the batteries are always charging. They will make sure to size the battery pack appropriately so that you never drain it fully, even on the track under full-power race conditions.

I'm of the opinion that they're not very far along in the design cycle of this machine. If that's the case, then it'll be a bloody miracle if they can get a decent car engineered and on a production line within 3 years.

Considering the following:
1. there was no interior
2. there was no picture of the motor
3. there was no picture of the electric motors

I would agree. This car has barely been started. It is just a body at this point.

Whatever the case may be, lets just applaud Honda for seeing the errors of its recent past and acknowledging the need for a new halo car. The NSX is THE Japanese Supercar in the eyes of the world. I have faith that they are going to do the name justice.

Back