• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mildly tuned Nsx vs Ferrari 430 convertable

Would you think there would be much in it?

I assumed it would kick my ass well....

Keeping in mind i was behind him, i was in his slipstream which helps. We both went for it, on a good roll. he was pulling away but only just and i mean ever so slightly, i pretty much stayed with him.

I don't think he was playing with me, looked and sounded he was giving it everything.

I was so impressed!!! :D

Hope you found out on the track.

Would you think there would be much in it?

From my experiences, a NA2 NSX can pull on most 400hp cars on highway pulls. I've yet to lose a race against any 400hp car in my stock NSX.
I think it's a mix of weight, high redline, and the area under the curve. People lose a lot of ground when they shift.

It was a straight line no corners. 4th gear i believe from memory.

I was just so shocked, makes me think FI or strokers would have blitz this 430.

My brothers RX7 is slightly quicker than my Nsx and he is modified!! I mean built block, after market seals ;) lol. fair few mods, fast as hell.

I'm currently running.

3.0 5 Speed.
Downforce scoop
Downforce Ram air intake
Sos big bore
VVIS removed and ported intake manifold
Cantrell headers
rear system 2x Borla XR-1 mufflers, free flowing
HKS DLI
ATS 1.5 way LSD and final drive
SOS Carbon Carbon clutch

I do have a few other goodies but not would aid in peformance as such, like oil cooler, baffled sump, oil catch tank etc etc.

That's about it really.

Keep in mind, which i recently found out. I always assumed UK fuel had higher octane than compared to US fuel as our goes up to 99 HOWEVER.. I recently found out that yours isn't measured in RON like ours but something else so it appears you have higher octane fuels availible at the pump hence why US Nsx's make more power with similar mods ;).

On a side note, since my new tyres my car seems a little quicker. not at traction breaking point but while in traction. Random, i went down from a 265 to a 255.

From my experiences, a NA2 NSX can pull on most 400hp cars on highway pulls. I've yet to lose a race against any 400hp car in my stock NSX.
I think it's a mix of weight, high redline, and the area under the curve. People lose a lot of ground when they shift.

I'd have to disagree with this statement. Stock NSX won't be able to compete with a 400HP car in a highway pull (we're talking stock C6 Vettes here, or the C5 Z06, or E39 M5). I just don't see it. Then again I have a NA1 NSX with header/exhaust/intake that Dyno'd 248whp (so similar to stock NA2s).

On the track my 263HP Mazdaspeed 3 sees 3-7 mph higher top speeds at the end of the straights (108mph vs 103mph). And C5 Z06s and base C6 Vettes pull on my Mazdaspeed 3 in those straights.

Last edited:
He (F430) was short shifting. That engine makes most of it's HP at high revs just like the NSX. Had he been really trying, he would have smoked you ESPECIALLY in 4th gear on a 5 speed. Fuel (99 Oct) is moot as you aren't running a high compression engine that is tuned for it.

I agree...F430 are very very fast compared to a mildly tuned NSX.

Your car isn't slow by any means but, the F430 is in a different category in terms of power.

The stock F430 will walk all over any stock NSX, period.
The F360 will tease the NSX and simply pull away when pressed, no problem.
The NSX is not a straight line car. When will the NSX community realize this.
They both have there attributes and it's apples and oranges.

Yes, I did own a F360 & a NSX at the same time.

fcar_and_nsx_700.jpg

I'd have to disagree with this statement. Stock NSX won't be able to compete with a 400HP car in a highway pull (we're talking stock C6 Vettes here, or the C5 Z06, or E39 M5). I just don't see it. .

First hand proof right here. I've raced a dozen 400hp cars. I have lost ZERO times. Maybe my car's a freak, but C5 Z06, C6 Vette, Saleen, etc.
All taken down.

Last edited:
First hand proof right here. I've raced a dozen 400hp cars. I have lost ZERO times. Maybe my car's a freak, but C5 Z06, C6 Vette, Saleen, etc.
All taken down.
Equal drivers and I guaranty different results. I routinely lap GT3RS's but I have no allusions as to which is the better track tool. 99% of Ferrari owners are scared to death of their prancing horse and just tip-toe around screaming "look at me!". He was short shifting.

I would rather have a Tuned MAxed out NSX for the price of an Fcar

all the extra money you saved just pump it into the NSX and bang you can walk on anything out there.

even stuff thats not out yet LOL

start asking for pink slips and sh_t or ask for the Ferrari owners
" Lease Slip " LOL

It is very hard to believe.

All taken down.

Since the 430 Spider puts out about 480hp at 8500 rpm's and does the 1/4 in the low 12's, I think it would be more of a match to a boosted NSX.

99% of Ferrari owners are scared to death of their prancing horse and just tip-toe around screaming "look at me!".

This could't be further from the truth. Unless you own a Ferrari, you will never know.

I would rather have a Tuned MAxed out NSX for the price of an Fcar

Really? No you wouldn't. Honestly, if you were offered a F430 or a hypo NSX, you would take the NSX? That is a reaction born out of jealousy.

start asking for pink slips and sh_t or ask for the Ferrari owners
" Lease Slip " LOL

There are more high end exotic owners that own there cars vs NSX owners that have payments. Most owners of high end exotics that are priced over 100k have the cash. Most owners of cars in the 25k-60k range have payments.

Look, The NSX is a great car. A real rare performance automobile that has some of the best ergonomics and reliability. The NSX list of attributes is long and impressive, but it is no where near a modern Ferrari in terms of performance and drivability. Unless you have really driven a Ferrari, please don't compare the two. The are in different categories completely.

*Look at my join date and contributions to the NSX community here if in doubt.

Last edited:
YEP,you are so right,did that a few times and i could not believe it at first but it is true,my last victim one was a maserati granturismo which is around 400hp on the highway,nsx4 ever..........

All taken down.

Yeah that seems really, really weird.
SOS taunts that after you install their Supercharger ($12k+ after its all done), the acceleration figures should match a C5 Z06 Vette. And that's after a 140 wHP and 95 ft-lbs increase of a stock NA2.

ScienceOfSpeed said:
Based on power/weight, the system on a factory engine is capable of mid 4 second 0-60 mph times and low to mid 12 second quarter mile times (comparable to Corvette C5 Z06).
http://scienceofspeed.com/products/engine_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/supercharger/

I wonder how you'd compete against your own car with a SOS supercharger. Would it be equal? :confused:

Back