• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Moving to bay area soon... meets / service shops?

Hi all,

I'm moving to the bay area soon... was wondering if you guys got any weekly meets going on, and where everyone gets their maintenance and upgrades done at.

Thanks!

Mike Hughes

There are a couple. Shad, formerly of Comptech and now running his own business at Driving Ambition is beyond fantastic. He's near the Sacto area in Rancho Cordova.

Don at Hilltop Auto in Daly City also does really good work.

I've heard good things about Auto Innovations in Milpitas but have never gone there myself.

I've also had good experiences with Marin Acura in Corte Madera.

welcome to the bay area, come to our meet this Sat, here is the info.

for service on the car, depends on where'll you live, the above mentioned are very good.

i also find Topline Auto to be a top notch shop. Zim (Topline team leader) and Brandee (fellow NSX member) are very helpful and friendly when it comes to car maintenance/care. they just hosted our club for Aug. and it was a blast for everyone. 31 NSX attended for the BBQ and there were raffle prizes.

2slow2speed said:
Add Foreign Affair in Santa Clara to the list, authorized Comptech goodies installer too, not sure about other aftermarket goodies though given that they are not a tuner shop ;)

I have been going to Foreign Affair for the past two years now.
I was going to bring my car up to comptech for some suspension tuning, Shad recomended Foreign Affair. I have been going there ever since.

http://www.fahonda.com/

My car is far from stock and they have been very helpfull.

Good luck.

Later,
Don

nsxnut said:
I have been going to Foreign Affair for the past two years now.
I was going to bring my car up to comptech for some suspension tuning, Shad recomended Foreign Affair. I have been going there ever since.

http://www.fahonda.com/

My car is far from stock and they have been very helpfull.

Good luck.

Later,
Don

Yeah, the crew at FA knows about suspension tuning, given that Steve has been racing for a while :D

But they are not really a tuner shop, in other words they won't install a custom turbo kit and tune the computer, it's not really worth their time.

Mike Hughes said:
Hi all,

I'm moving to the bay area soon... was wondering if you guys got any weekly meets going on, and where everyone gets their maintenance and upgrades done at.

Thanks!

Mike Hughes
hi mike,

i see comments about maint / shops posted, but i don't recall seeing anything about meets.

the bay area meet schedule is somewhat sporadic, but there have been a number of (what appear to be) very interesting performance-related gatherings that shane (randomharmony) and others have arranged. seems to me if you like hangin' and getting to know the locals, these are worth participating in.

best of luck with you move.
hal

Hi folks,

Thanks for the recommendations... I'm moving Oct. 1st (still don't know where!) and am planning on doing the timing belt, water pump, and hoses.

Hopefully I'll make it out to a meet in Oct!

Mike

Don at Hilltop Auto should be your prime source to maintain and service your car.

Foreign Affair (fahonda.com) is a very good shop run by a sponsored race driver who drives, or did some years ago, a CT NSX. Very good shop with admittedly high overhead, thus high prices.

Back