• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My name is Rob Ferretti, I make car videos and I just bought an NSX.

You should put coilovers on your car. My car has Koni adjustable shocks with some sort of slightly-lowering spring and I think the ride quality is just not that great. Regardless of shock settings. Yesterday I rode in Steve's car (sduff@composites), which has KW club sports and what a difference! He runs stiffer than stock (for the KWs) springs but everything felt much better. Smoother and well damped. I was shocked at the difference.

Hey Rob, love your Vids! Congrats on the NSX, I remember that car now.

- - - Updated - - -

You are definitely going to want a 17/18 combo for that car with how you'll want to drive it. It'll also give you the better ride quality you are looking for.

The bilsteins (as long as they are in good shape) will ride excellent with the Tein S-techs if you go that way.

- - - Updated - - -

And an APX turbo kit!

Hey Rob, love your Vids! Congrats on the NSX, I remember that car now.

- - - Updated - - -

You are definitely going to want a 17/18 combo for that car with how you'll want to drive it. It'll also give you the better ride quality you are looking for.

The bilsteins (as long as they are in good shape) will ride excellent with the Tein S-techs if you go that way.

- - - Updated - - -

And an APX turbo kit!

Yes. A Turbo kit is a nice addition to make you forget about those F cars. :)

Wouldn't turbo it, not a strong enough platform to dump money into. Want to enjoy it stockish. Just raised it up 7/8 of an inch by putting the bilsteins to the higher perch setting. For some reason the previous guy tac welded the shocks to the lower perch, this a common thing to do?

If it was a race car I'm ok with the rough ride, but same reason I am not a fan of the Viper ACR the ride sucks over bumps when you lower the NSX. The only people who likely notice its lowered vs stock are other NSX owners, so who are you trying to impress? :)

You can watch the sting of Best Cop Moments. Will keep you entertained for an hour or so.
How do you get out if 8-10 tickets in one day? Lol

I love my SOS twin turbo setup. You may want to rethink...

Wouldn't turbo it, not a strong enough platform to dump money into.

Yeah I am not quite sure what this means, there is no general rule, it is whatever the owner wants to do. To me it is a GREAT platform to dump money into because all the money you "dump", total, are parts prices not your Lamborghini mechanic doing a $6000 service or a McLaren SLR losing $50,000 of value per year. At least your money is going into something you can point at and say "there. My money went into that".

Wouldn't turbo it, not a strong enough platform to dump money into. Want to enjoy it stockish. Just raised it up 7/8 of an inch by putting the bilsteins to the higher perch setting. For some reason the previous guy tac welded the shocks to the lower perch, this a common thing to do?

a) You'll find a lot of people here that won't agree with you about modding the NSX - one big thing is is missing is the power, and it responds so well to boost - for that matter it responds really well to quite a few mods, suspension included. Now if you said " I want to keep the car stock to preserve it's value" well OK I can see your point, but you can still do reversible mods…

b) Can you post pics of how it was welded? That sounds pretty scary.

Great way to spend 1500 miles driving around some great roads. Look forward to your video review.

Actually Rob if you meet that Aventador on some twisty roads your NSX will be right there with it.............<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MVRwNqwCbM4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Welcome aboard! Ive gone on a couple runs with Hovik and you years ago. Great times!

Hey Rob great images and video looking forward for more. how your new toy hold all those miles>? i hope everything work smooth no noises nothing. have a good time and i hope you enjoy that so much as we looking your new flags on the road map :)

Last edited:
Back