• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My new toy: Aston Martin Vantage

What better way to upgrade your house than to make your garage bigger? :biggrin:

it doesn't hurt to have a 360 and a Vanquish in the driveway either:biggrin:

No offense, but those cars do look out of place in that neighborhood :tongue:

I bet the neighbors are jealous:eek:

I am:redface:

MORE PICS!!!!

They are out of place, my neighbors keep reporting me to the cops as a drug dealer. :tongue:

No offense taken! It's not my house. :) And I really like my neighborhood. I'm renting right now after selling my previous home near the peak and I'm waiting it out before I buy my next house.

Both cars sit in the garage with the Civic and S2000 outside so it doesn't look out of place unless I leave the garage open. I'm a already a bit out of place anyway being that I'm single and relatively young. It's all families around here.

Perhaps we should do a car geek BBQ at my house sometime so you guys can overtake the neighborhood with NSX's? :) The neighbors would get a kick out of that. They like talking "cars" with me.

I have much better pics on the way.

Hey bbq is the magic word for me....you name the day and time and im there. :biggrin:

As are we all!

BTW, as much as I'm enjoying my new home, there's not a day that goes by where I think to myself "why did I settle for a two car garage?"

thus i did a 6-car garage when i built my new house last summer :biggrin:

What better way to upgrade your house than to make your garage bigger? :biggrin:

Last year was all about pouring money into remodeling the house, but we couldn't come up with a reasonable way to expand the garage. I can't make it wider because one corner of the garage is already about as close to the street as the city allows...certainly can't come another car-width closer. It is barely wide enough to fit two cars because a previous remodel used a section of the garage as a hallway connecting it to the house.

Going up and adding a lift would have been a very costly addition...and, since we ended up replacing the roof during our remodel, there's a fat chance we'd be building up any time soon.

If only I could build an underground garage...

I've seen a "lift" where the car is lowered underground so you can park another car on top of it!

Worst case, you can move in a few years or park the car in the living room.

It's all very rational!

I'm going to take some high quality images with a good camera in a few weeks. Here are some more quick shots.

hmm that looks like a DB9 to me... It looks like they changed the tail lights of the new Vantage to the DB9 ones... They both look so damn hot its ridiculous...

Very nice man! That car and color just exudes sex.

btw, my dealer confirmed that the prodrive power pack will be available as an option on the 2008 models, so it is highly likely that i'll go with that also on my order of the v8 vantage. they recently went to an a.m. factory event up in minchigan for a testing and training day for dealers. it is unsure at this time if the options will be installed at the a.m. factory in the u.k. prior to delivery or will be done at the u.s. a.m. factory support location in michigan. either way i'm ok with it since michigan is but a 3hr drive from me here. the list price on the prodrive power pack is about $36k on top of the price of the car which will put it at $160k total or about. the pack comes with upgraded ecu, exhaust with in-cabin control button, bilstein mono tube adjustable dampers with in-cabin button for sport or comfort, lowered springs, prodrive ultra light forged special wheels, carbon fiber front lip and rear tail extension, and a couple other things...total power jumps to 425hp and 350ft-lb.

production on the v8v has slowed down due to introduction of the topless version, so the lines have been transitioned to accommodate both. that's why my order is not until jan. 2008 for the build and mar. 2008 for the delivery. currently the dealer has 5 brand new 2007 v8 vantage sitting on the showfloor but none have the options that i want else the wrong color that i'm looking for. no biggie...good things come to those who wait :biggrin:

The car is all about class, and that's why it won't get double takes from your 20-somethings chicks who don't know sh!t about cars. You'll definitely get second looks from early 30-somethings who are unhappy in their marriages who'll shag you in your car.

I guess that's true. It seems the 30something dudes are more excited about the Aston than anyone else.

The girls I know (mostly in their 20's) are more excited about the Ferrari.

Attachments

• 8534.jpg
    8534.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 144
  • 8545.jpg
    8545.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 128
  • 8557.jpg
    8557.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 149
  • 8563.jpg
    8563.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 146
  • 8565.jpg
    8565.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 155
I guess that's true. It seems the 30something dudes are more excited about the Aston than anyone else.

The girls I know (mostly in their 20's) are more excited about the Ferrari.

Buying a 007 Aston Martin is cool no matter what age you are.

Chicks like Ferraris because they look pretty in them. Guys dig them because they go fast. Car enthusiasts dig them because of their racing heritage.

If you don't like a Vantage, you're just not cool enough to get it.

Way to go, dude! I'm all for gettng your dream toy:eek:
By the way, I have a 2006 CLS-55 (they didn't make them in 05); THE >500 lb-ft of torque does compensate for being a little less stylish than the AM.

AMG?? AM?? your choice.

The CLS55 was on my short list of cars.

The doors are very easy to open and they operate like no other door I've had. The doors don't lock at certain positions like they do on most cars. They can hold at almost any position so I can push it open and they'll hold.. then if I push them open just a half inch more, they'll hold there too.

I'm going to do a little Youtube video on the car some time for my blog. There are a lot of little touches they did on the car that are great. For example, the gas cap is the prettiest gas cap I've ever seen.

any news on the videos?

So, you're the lucky guy that picked up that car... congratulations.

A friend of mine has been contemplating on pickin' that up except for the fact that it does not have navi. Small price to pay for the only Morning Frost White for another few months if you ask me.

I too have been contemplating on one but it seems that a couple of my friends are going for the Aston Martin route. I might as well by a different car and maybe swap it with them on the weekends. :)

Anyways, I've got to say that Aston Martin dealerships has the best salesmen I've ever ran into.

BTW, did you notice that the door opens out and up a bit? Kind of ingenious when it comes to parking right next to curbs...

Back