• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My story of my 130r white NSX discount

The word from a reputable dealer to whom I talked is that you can pay off after 3 months and that the minimum finance amount is $7500. There is no penalty for paying off early.

A huge thank you to porsche37 who passed on valuable information learned during his search and passed it on to others to expedite the process. I was able to secure a solid deal based on his recommendation.

Thank you!

Last edited:
A huge thank you to porsche37 who passed on valuable information learned during his search and passed it on to others to expedite the process. I was able to secure a solid deal ($161k sticker to $127k out the door) based on his recommendation.

Thank you!
That’s great! What color/options?

Thanks - 130R/Ebony. ONLY options are aniline leather/power seats and alcantara headliner.

$127k out the door is outstanding on a base car. Your going to love it!

There are still a few near me in FL if anyone else needs some dealers names just PM me. The dealer/guy that sold me mine has a $205k sticker Blue one that he wants to move and you might be able to get between $50k and $60k off.

Last edited:
It does have steel brakes.

Will send pictures the day I get it delivered (getting shipped from Sarasota, FL to San Antonio, TX)

Congratulations, you must be feeling pretty stoked. Enjoy.:smile:

Congrats to all who got a fantastic deal. I'm new here and looking for a great deal on 130r white as well...ideally $120 out the door.

Congrats to all who got a fantastic deal. I'm new here and looking for a great deal on 130r white as well...ideally $120 out the door.

Welcome to the forum, As far as $120k out the door that is completely unrealistic you will be closer to $135k on a base unfortunately there are not many of those left. I spoke with my salesperson today and He said the larger discounts are now not available and currently they can only do about $35k off more optioned cars with higher sticker $180k to $200k. That still is a great deal.

Again keep in mind the $60k off was on a demo car which was a $200k car and was a one off. Check out my discount thread that will give you more realistic info. those $60k discounts are not possible on a new car not now. Acura is doing good numbers with this $35k off as this is what i was told by my salesperson who already sold me a car and he gave me a very good discount but said he could not duplicate it again. They seem to have lowered the discounts on the remaining $160k priced cars and moved them to the more expensive ones.

hope that helps

Last edited:
$30k is the Acura incentive, and the dealer has a lot more room than $5k, even on a stripper car.

There is NOT a lot more room on a base car.

Posting comments like that is not helping anyone. The realistic discounts have been posted. Even those are getting harder to come by and certainly not on base cars anymore.

No disrespect but Please everyone listen to the people that have done the deals and people that have helped others get cars not just speculation.

Last edited:

Posting comments like that is not helping anyone. The realistic discounts have been posted. Even those are getting harder to come by and certainly not on base cars anymore.

No disrespect but Please everyone listen to the people that have done the deals and people that have helped others get cars not just speculation.

agreed

You are correct! On a base car there's only about $10k of mark up on the NSX's.

Sorry man, not sure what's going on, but it's a little strange you start this thread and say you got a car for $122k, but then start saying $120k is "completely unrealistic." :confused:

And literally that reported $60k discount on another high-option car was just days ago. :rolleyes:

Here's your own words:

Just Picked up my 2017 NSX yesterday...

So my numbers were as follows the sticker on my car was just over $160k and I walked away at $122k I feel I did pretty good.

Welcome to the forum, As far as $120k out the door that is completely unrealistic you will be closer to $135k on a base unfortunately there are not many of those left.

You are correct! On a base car there's only about $10k of mark up on the NSX's.

Which is about double what OP suggests. Not sure why he's trying to downplay the discounts now, after having shown off the big discount he himself just received... maybe his dealer got mad at him for disclosing his deal? :confused: or maybe he just doesn't want anyone getting a better deal than he did. :tongue:

Last edited:
Sorry man, not sure what's going on, but it's a little strange you start this thread and say you got a car for $122k, but then start saying $120k is "completely unrealistic." :confused:

And literally that reported $60k discount on another high-option car was just days ago. :rolleyes:

Here's your own words:

Which is about double what OP suggests. Not sure why he's trying to downplay the discounts now, after having shown off the big discount he himself just received... maybe his dealer got mad at him for disclosing his deal? :confused: or maybe he just doesn't want anyone getting a better deal than he did. :tongue:

Actually i have helped several people get the same discount or better than I did giving them the numbers and linking them up with dealers that were willing to negotiate.The dealers I worked with on cars I did not buy. in most cases they got better numbers than i did. I am here to help and want everyone to get a discount. But things are changing.

Check my discounts thread, The Acura dealers are pulling back the discounts on base models and reserving them for more optioned cars. you can see other people commenting on this.

In my other posts i have clarified that i received a $38k discount of a $160k sticker car putting the car at $122k that is before taxes. I will clarify that in my post. When the poster say $120k out the door on a base model that would imply $45k to a $48k discount depending on taxes or a $115k or lower car on a base model. Never going to happen.

The $60k discounts were on a lone demo car. Remember just because someone says something on the internet doesn't mean it happened. I am giving you the truth about these discounts If someone can do better go for it.

Again please see my discount thread

Also if you want a base model car and are ok with Black there is a dealer that still has one in FL same one ok2k got his deal at. Just PM me. My dealer is not giving good numbers anymore on their last NSX blue with 204k sticker.

Last edited:
...Are you referring to the blue one at palm beach acura? It's fully loaded, but no Sirius. Go figure...

That's the only thing I really wanted with the Blue car, but it didn't stop me from getting it. I've had satellite radio since 2001, and this is my first car without it since. I stream it through my phone, but it's still a pain while driving and you can't use the steering wheel controls, and it's not available through the Andriod Auto Play. At the end of the day I'm enjoying the car and have no regrets.

One other thing regarding the super discount I got. I've bought five previous Acura cars through Palm Beach and have always serviced them there even with another dealer within ten miles of my house. Furthermore, a close friend of mine is a good friend of the NSX sales person, so needless to say I had some additional bargaining power.

Now how does it feel coming from two Porsches and an Audi R8? Honestly This car feels like it can bend space and time with its acceleration in the more aggressive sport plus mode the steering tightens considerably and the car just stays glued to the road I mean WOW!! the Gs this thing can pull. This car is superior in every way compared to The outgoing R8 and the new one ( not to mention I believe Audi ruined the styling on the new R8)

Thanks for a great read. Congrats on a great buy. If 130K is possible more often and a prettier front facia were to appear, that’d be a game changer. Fun thread and really want to see pictures. Congrats!!

That's the only thing I really wanted with the Blue car, but it didn't stop me from getting it. I've had satellite radio since 2001, and this is my first car without it since. I stream it through my phone, but it's still a pain while driving and you can't use the steering wheel controls, and it's not available through the Andriod Auto Play. At the end of the day I'm enjoying the car and have no regrets.

One other thing regarding the super discount I got. I've bought five previous Acura cars through Palm Beach and have always serviced them there even with another dealer within ten miles of my house. Furthermore, a close friend of mine is a good friend of the NSX sales person, so needless to say I had some additional bargaining power.
Funny, the ILX loaner I had a couple of months ago would control Pandora via the steering wheel controls. It's kind of sad how inconsistent these things are.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Funny, the ILX loaner I had a couple of months ago would control Pandora via the steering wheel controls. It's kind of sad how inconsistent these things are.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Pandora and Amazon Music work with the steering wheel controls. Listening using the SiriusXM app doesn't integrate as well. I also don't like the Android Auto Play that much. Where's my 8-track player? :)

The word from a reputable dealer to whom I talked is that you can pay off after 3 months and that the minimum finance amount is $7500. There is no penalty for paying off early.

Has anyone that purchased with the Acura fincancing confirmed that there is no penalty for early payoff? I’m also getting mixed answers from dealers. I even asked for a blank loan contract so I can read the fine print, with no luck.

Like everyone else, I want the 30k down payment assistance, but would rather refi with a credit union for better rates as soon as possible.

Megatran:
i purchased my car on October 14 from Acura of Rochester. I had narrowed my search down to two cars, one at Acura of Rochester and the second from a dealer in the Chicago area. The dealer in the Chicago area is the one who quoted me the $7500 minimum finance amount and no penalty for early payoff. Acura of Rochester stated that there was a 30k finance minimum and that there might be a prepayment penalty. I went for the one in Rochester even though the dealer in Chicago agreed to sell at the same price and transport the car to me at no extra cost. I just didn't want to chance the car being damaged in transit. Anyway, when i signed the papers for my car, at Acura of Rochester, there was an additional paper that they required me to sign stating that if i paid off early, I might have to reimburse the $30k. The document says 'may', not that I 'have' to reimburse. Unfortunately, I had some time constraints the day I picked up my car and I was in a hurry to get done with the paperwork and get started on my 3 hour return trip home. So, I didn't pay attention to who had written the addendum about early payment. I assumed it was an Acura Financial requirement.
About a week ago, Acura Financial called to say thanks for financing with them, ask how the transaction went, etc. So, i asked about prepayment penalties. The woman on the phone told me Acura Financial never imposes prepayment penalties and if I pay off early, I'd save interest. I asked if she was sure there were no penalties for prepayment on the NSX. She put me on hold, checked with her supervisor and told me her supervisor confirmed that they never penalize for prepayment. It was at that point that I pulled out the addendum and noticed that it was from Acura of Rochester, not Acura Financial. Had i not been in a hurry to get on my way when I picked up the car, hopefully I would have noticed that fact and refused to sign . I need to have my attorney look at the addendum and see if it's legally binding since it says 'may' be required to reimburse not 'will' reimburse.

Anyway, at this point, I'm inclined to think that the dealer in Chicago was telling the truth. The minimum finance amount is $7500 and there is no prepayment penalty. Acura Financial confirmed that to me. I'm going to guess there is some type of dealer kickback or incentive that the dealer realizes at 30k financed that is either greater or non-existent at 7.5k and that there is either more cash or more incentive if you don't prepay. That's just my guess and hopefully my bad experience will help make you a more informed buyer than I was.

Back