• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My story of my 130r white NSX discount

I do fear that some early purchase owners will be ticked off about how Acura and their dealers have behaved/performed in light of the fire sales.

To be honest not too pleased but already forgotten. The dealer where I purchased mine are top notch with true passion for NSX. I ran into the owner of the dealership at Lambo meet over the weekend. He took his NSX there, he expressed his frustration with Acura. There are a lot of things they have suggested but got ignored.

At current price, I truly think it is a steal in this price segment. Eventually inventory will come down enough where it stabilize the price. If Acura do only allow made to order for 2018 and on, then it will preserve the value of the car and allow many to become happy NSX owners.

Maybe American Honda will come out with a Voucher like they did when they released the last generation viper, The first model year was overpriced (The second year they changed the price and corrected it)and I think owners got a $10,000 plus voucher towards the purchase of another car

Great review and enjoyed reading....

We came from several R8's (all gated 6-speed v10) and now a Huracan. The new NSX is dressed to impress and has some great advantages to other "supercars". Wife will probably pick one up next year.

Welcome to the NSX family! :)

Maybe American Honda will come out with a Voucher like they did when they released the last generation viper, The first model year was overpriced (The second year they changed the price and corrected it)and I think owners got a $10,000 plus voucher towards the purchase of another car

Acura made same mistake as Dodge in marketing/ pricing. Dodge gave initial owners a $15K voucher (yes I used mine). It will be interesting to see if Acura will make price adjustments on 18's (slippery slope). OP you got a wonderful car at a great market price, 130R White is on my list. Job well done..:biggrin:

Last edited:
If anyone knows of blue or Valencia red, let me know. Prefer price point of 185k or so, give or take.

Are you referring to the blue one at palm beach acura? It's fully loaded, but no Sirius. Go figure. The interior is also all white, not sure I like that. I like the white trim but with alcantara black in the middle.

Drove it second time today. Car is awesome.

If anyone knows of blue or Valencia red, let me know. Prefer price point of 185k or so, give or take.

Are you referring to the blue one at palm beach acura? It's fully loaded, but no Sirius. Go figure. The interior is also all white, not sure I like that. I like the white trim but with alcantara black in the middle.

yep thats the one and they were willing to deal over the weekend. Check your PM

yep thats the one and they were willing to deal over the weekend. Check your PM

Last month when I was getting my RLX serviced at Palm Beach Acura I tried to negotiate on that car. They wouldn't budge under MSRP. I've bought five cars there and told them to call me when they can deal. I guess I may have to take a drive up there Friday.

question.. im getting misinformation on this acura financing. some saying to refi 2-3 payments after and now i get this

"We would just have to submit your credit ap to get a rate from Acura Financial, there is no incentivized rate and you would have to make at least 24 months in payments or there is a charge back for the $30,000"

question.. im getting misinformation on this acura financing. some saying to refi 2-3 payments after and now i get this

"We would just have to submit your credit ap to get a rate from Acura Financial, there is no incentivized rate and you would have to make at least 24 months in payments or there is a charge back for the $30,000"

yes that is what i was told that you had to do 24mos and the rate was between 2.9% to 3.9% figure on the higher end no matter how high your credit score is and just finance the minimum. not worth losing $30k over refinancing.

Last edited:
yes that is what i was told that you had to do 24mos and the rate was between 2.9% to 3.9% figure on the higher end no matter how high your credit score is and just finance the minimum. not worth losing $30k over refinancing.

okay just making sure, some dealers were saying all i had to do was paying 2-3 months till they got their "payment" from acura then i could refi

1 dealer told me 6 months, another said 12 months, 1 was honest and said they had no clue and would get back to me on min amount of time before paying it off without the penalty

I was at South Coast Acura in Costa Mesa, California last Thursday and they had a blue one in the showroom with the steel brakes. I was to assume this is a no option model. Might want to give them a call.

the blue south coast acura one has a 170,100 msrp, they offered 36k off earlier today over the phone but their lease payment was higher than the 200,500 msrp one with 48k off by $50. yeah no big deal but that was strange. Residual Amt $91,854.00 on the blue one, 112k residual on the higher msrp one from another dealer

i think you mean a 24 month note minimum - BUT - you can pay it off any time after 3 months....

i think you mean a 24 month note minimum - BUT - you can pay it off any time after 3 months....

what i was told. You have to finance for 24 mos of payments or you will have the possibility of discount being billed back to you. So if you pay it off after 3mos you have the possibility of losing the $30k off from Acura. Be careful there.

If that is worth the risk to you give it a try. A lot of dealers do not know what they are talking about and have to do research s far as this incentive a lot of them had no idea what I was talking about.

Last edited:
not true and not what i was told. You have to finance for 24 mos of payments or you will have the possibility of discount being billed back to you. So if you pay it off after 3mos you have the possibility of losing the $30k off from Acura. Be careful there.

If that is worth the risk to you give it a try. A lot of dealers do not know what they are talking about and have to do research s far as this incentive a lot of them had no idea what I was talking about.

haha - amazing the number of stories we are getting from different people....i guess we will find out when one of us tries to pay off our car early. :)

haha - amazing the number of stories we are getting from different people....i guess we will find out when one of us tries to pay off our car early. :)

I know its crazy they all will tell you different things out of the 3 dealers I narrowed it down to 2 told me the same thing don't pay it off until after 24mos. But who knows............

I know its crazy they all will tell you different things out of the 3 dealers I narrowed it down to 2 told me the same thing don't pay it off until after 24mos. But who knows............

i just got an email back from dealer stating i can pay it off any time after 3 months with no penalty.....guess I'll be saving that in the important email file....

When the buyer knows more than the seller....what does that tell us?

When you buy a car there should be a contract. When you finance a car there should be a note. Read your note, and read your contract, and anything else that you sign. The terms should all be in there.

I know it's a PIA to read every line of every document a dealer passes in front of you, but for $30k it's worth the time.

When you buy a car there should be a contract. When you finance a car there should be a note. Read your note, and read your contract, and anything else that you sign. The terms should all be in there.

I know it's a PIA to read every line of every document a dealer passes in front of you, but for $30k it's worth the time.

agreed...devil is in the details

Agreed. I think if you wait on the higher MSRP cars you might get 55k to 60k. Went to a dealer in Greenwich Ct. Had a blue one the way I wanted. He offered me 35k off. I told him other dealers were 45k to 50k. Didn't budge and he had 3.

Another dealer gave 40k off on 198k MSRP. I walked

Back