• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NA1 1991 Seatbelt Label

Hi guys,

I'm currently trying to get my NSX registered (in New Zealand) however the inspectors are failing it because they "can't identify the type of seat belts installed". It looks like there were little labels however both drivers and passenger side labels have been torn off.

It would really help me if I could find out what the labels say to prove to the inspectors what belts they are, maybe if someone has the label and I could get a photo? I even contacted my local Honda who don't seem to have any information on the belts. I've tried to search for this on the forums as well but don't think much seatbelt talk about labeling really happens!

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
There is probably a http://pickapart.co.nz/ nearby and you can go there, find a Honda of your NSX's vintage, and buy some seat belt tags for a better look at home.

You'll likely find that those tags could possibly fit on your vehicle's seat belts. Something like that could have also fallen off and if you dig around the car hard enough, you might find the tags, and they can be presented to the inspector.

Anything else on the vinning report? Where is the vehicle located now?

What part of NZ are you located?

I'm currently trying to get my NSX registered (in New Zealand) however the inspectors are failing it because they "can't identify the type of seat belts installed". It looks like there were little labels however both drivers and passenger side labels have been torn off.

Where did your NSX begin it's life?

I can get you pictures of mine later today but mine is a USDM car so the seat belt tag will have US DOT/NHTSA labels which may or may not help your case.

Hey!

It's a Japanese import. Any labels may help, I'm getting my original belts rewebbed which will provide new labels but the company doing then need an indication of standard to reweb them to!

Thanks

There is probably a http://pickapart.co.nz/ nearby and you can go there, find a Honda of your NSX's vintage, and buy some seat belt tags for a better look at home.

You'll likely find that those tags could possibly fit on your vehicle's seat belts. Something like that could have also fallen off and if you dig around the car hard enough, you might find the tags, and they can be presented to the inspector.

Anything else on the vinning report? Where is the vehicle located now?

What part of NZ are you located?

I'm in Auckland, might try see what some similar belts have on them from Honda's in the same era. Maybe a Honda legend haha

You owe me a beer...:)
IMG_2608.JPG
EU car 1991, pretty new one BTW as I couldn't read the labels of my car either.

PM me and I'll send you some photos of my tags. My car was vinned recently...so it should all be good.

The NZ compliance process is protectionism under the guise of safety.

Somebody needs to offer a pre VIN check so this can all be addressed before it the official compliance shop.... because once a problem gets written down, it requires a major effort to overcome.

PM me and I'll send you some photos of my tags. My car was vinned recently...so it should all be good.

The NZ compliance process is protectionism under the guise of safety.

Somebody needs to offer a pre VIN check so this can all be addressed before it the official compliance shop.... because once a problem gets written down, it requires a major effort to overcome.

Sorry I don't think I can PM because my account is too new?

HONDA
SEAT BELT FOR AUTOMOBILES
MEETS: JIS D4604 IIIB ELR-VW
MVSS NO. 209 NO. 302
MODEL: TK-A72-J692
MFD. DATE 1993 LOT NO: 12

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DxvUK8WLyZnVakuX6

Any Honda tags would have done from Pick A Part for a few dollars. Now they get to hold your car hostage until you conduct a small wealth transfer.

Last edited:
HONDA
SEAT BELT FOR AUTOMOBILES
MEETS: JIS D4604 IIIB ELR-VW
MVSS NO. 209 NO. 302
MODEL: TK-A72-J692
MFD. DATE 1993 LOT NO: 12

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DxvUK8WLyZnVakuX6

Any Honda tags would have done from Pick A Part for a few dollars. Now they get to hold your car hostage until you conduct a small wealth transfer.

Thanks hopefully this will all be over soon and I'll have the car on the road! Now I have to pay Autosafe down in Christchurch $220 each belt to reweb and label... The compliance company was trying to charge me $368 each belt + $150 labour to do it from the same place. I brought it up with them and they said "we have to make some money on it but I don't think we would of marked it up that much" when I told them the real price.

Back