• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need a parts list...

So long story short, some things I had planned are getting postponed and I am no longer going to sell the car. Therefore I have decided to get into some stuff I meant to do a while back...

Basically I am going to be parking it for a while to do a whole round of cleanup / maintence to it since I figure why go through taking off the same parts over and over to do different things when I can do it all at once.

For this round, I am basically only focused on the engine / drivetrain items. I will be dropping the motor / rear section to do this so I want to get everything in one shot.

Now, for what I would like some help with...

Given the car woln't have to move for a while, the motor is dropping, and I am fairly confident in my abilities, what parts am I missing and what other things should I be looking at?

Here is what I have already thought of:

timing belt / tensioner
water pump
coolant hoses
valve cover gaskets
camshaft plugs / seals
5spd short gearset
coolant overflow tank
a/c belt
alternator belt
spark plug seals
oil pan gasket
valve cover gromets
thermostat
whatever I need to get my oil pressure gauge to work properly
fuel filter
oil pump

unsure if I want to get a new flywheel (lighter)
new clutch (undecided on the specifics here)
anybody got any opinions on the SOS oil pan baffle
if I have that 'honda sewing machine' thing goin on, will LMA's fix that?

anybody think I am missing anything here? anybody got any suggestions? my only time goal in this is to have it up before the girls get back in shorts and tank-tops :tongue:

96 NSX-T said:
Air filter? Some headers to go with the Ark exhaust:biggrin: I did, love it:biggrin: :biggrin:

i have the unifilter, just need an intake scoop.

i did want the SOS headers but i want to see how the cantrell ones pan out now...

anybody have any suggestions as to where I should start shopping to get the most for my $$? (since this looks like its going to be a nice sized bill)..

I've ordered from Ray Laks a few times and have been very happy. Their prices are a nice clip below list and they give free shipping on large orders. The bill will still be well over $1k with the parts you listed. The first time I ordered I started reading off part numbers, and the guy stops me and asks if I just want to buy the "Bastanza timing belt, water pump and cooling hose kits". I just had to add a few things after that. My shopping list looked a lot like yours. For DIY on the timing belt don't forget to pick up the service mat, which they also sell. Crank pulley and valve adjustment tools can be found from Amazon. I've found good prices on OEM spark plugs and o2 sensors at www.sparkplugs.com.

Back