• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need fuel tank maintenance advise

Hello there-

How do I get to my fuel tank, to drain it? I have learned there is a drain plug on the bottom left, but I dont know how to get to it. Please help me here.

Is this a very complicated procedure?

Dumbest Q yet, where exactly is the fuel tank located? :confused:

Thanks, Mike

Last edited:
AdventureNSX said:
Hello there-

How do I get to my fuel tank, to drain it? I have learned there is a drain plug on the bottom left, but I dont know how to get to it. Please help me here.

Is this a very complicated procedure?

Dumbest Q yet, where exactly is the fuel tank located? :confused:

Thanks, Mike
Mike, Not hard at all. The drain plug is, of course, under the car. I think it was a 14mm bolt. Just loosen it and take it out. The tank will drain. MAKE SURE YOU have a large enough container. Trust me

Its very easy. The feul tank is between your engine compartment and the cabin of your car. I do not remember what size bolt it is but like said above, its probably a 14mm. Assuming your plug has never been taken out, there will be a decent amount of rubberized undercoating on the bolt... you will need to clean that off first. If you are draining your old feul, take your feul filler cap off and it will drain much quicker. And thats it.

Thanks for the help everyone!

I drained the gas out, it was very EASY, didn’t even jack the car up. Yup, the rubber coating caused the bolt to be extra snug. Some junk came out of the bottom of the tank, however I'm not sure if this was some of the rubber coating.

Thx again.

Back