• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need help picking a new daily driver

I say CTS-V!! Coupe, Sedan or Wagon.

CTS-V = 556HP :biggrin::biggrin:
AMG E63 = 518 HP :frown:
Lexus IS-F = 416 HP :frown::frown:

surely your not evaluating the greatness of a car on how much HP it has...:frown::frown::frown: (triple frown to trump your double frown of the ISF)

Consider 2009 Pontiac G8 or G8 GXP? Cheap and fast as hell, I had one.

A Pontiac is not exactly a "head turner" which was a criteria for him.

surely your not evaluating the greatness of a car on how much HP it has...:frown::frown::frown: (triple frown to trump your double frown of the ISF)
"POWER!!!!!" - Jeremy Clarkson

Head turner? I guess that eliminates the E63, the CTS-V and the IS-F since those are based on cars that are soo common.

How about a used Maserati Gran Turismo?
attachment.php

Aston Martin DB9?
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...8000&minPrice=40000&listingId=302523992&Log=0
aston-martin-db9-03-04-09.jpg

Aston Martin V8 Vantage?
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...8000&minPrice=40000&listingId=324376813&Log=0
26229933852.324376813.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

V12 Vanquish?
8965223_5.jpg

Aston Martin... mMMmmMm tasty...:wink:

And if you get one you have your own theme song to bump every time you drive it. LIKE A BOSS!!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a35rNEBNiO4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
"POWER!!!!!" - Jeremy Clarkson

Head turner? I guess that eliminates the E63, the CTS-V and the IS-F since those are based on cars that are soo common.

How about a used Maserati Gran Turismo?
attachment.php

Wait! What!? The Gran Turismo has like 405HP which according to your above table has to be at least a 3 frowner. :frown::frown::frown:

On the other hand......it's stunning. Definately a 3 grinner. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Really? Google custom pontiac g8 gxp and look at the photos....they have a LS3 vette motor and 6 speed trans, it was so fast stock, my wife would not drive.....With the right wheels and a little carbon fiber here and there, they look pretty nice.....I rode in a turboed car with 750hp, it was f n fast, and still had a back seat the size of a bmw 7 series..........:biggrin:

P.S. Bonus, they get aound 21-24 mpg on the highway........

Last edited:
Really? Google custom pontiac g8 gxp and look at the photos....they have a LS3 vette motor and 6 speed trans, it was so fast stock, my wife would not drive.....With the right wheels and a little carbon fiber here and there, they look pretty nice.....I rode in a turboed car with 750hp, it was f n fast, and still had a back seat the size of a bmw 7 series..........:biggrin:

P.S. Bonus, they get aound 21-24 mpg on the highway........

Brent let me put it simpler since you don't seem to understand:

IT'S A PONTIAC!!

Heads will only turn UNTIL they figure out what it is. Now before you write some long post explaining to me about horsepower and why one shouldn't care about this or that, let me say this: to someone that wants a "head turner" a Pontiac won't cut it. I'd buy that Pontiac myself but it won't do the job here.

Pontiac....barf.

Get a CLS550.

Take a look at the Audi

No votes for the S5 so far but I will vote. Has been my daily driver since Oct 2010.

Your list has 2009, but the 2010 S5 has some upgrades - LEDs tailights, Sport differential availability, and 3D Navigation.

Would highly recommend a drive if you have a chance, super smooth (think mini version Bentley GT in way it drives) and many heads turn. Has been super reliable and plenty of power for me. Comments often on it and I see people check it out at stoplights.

Give it a try, not a sports car feel but more of grand touring and perfect all around daily driver I think. If 4 door needed - check out S4, not same flowing style but backseat is usable.

Last edited:
Your bother's photography work really sucks. LOL... Seriously, you want to sell the car, take a few better photos! He's not selling a Chevy cavalier.

Lol. Thanks, I'll tell him to put up better pics. Though he keeps hesitating since he loves the car.

Love the S5 but I am seeing CL63's under 60k. I had a cl600 before the nsx. The most supremely comfortable best daily driver car I ever owned or drove. Butter smooth, tons of torque, quiet as a vault. I really miss it.

mercedes-benz-cl63-amg-kleemann-01.jpg

Love the S5 but I am seeing CL63's under 60k. I had a cl600 before the nsx. The most supremely comfortable best daily driver car I ever owned or drove. Butter smooth, tons of torque, quiet as a vault. I really miss it.

mercedes-benz-cl63-amg-kleemann-01.jpg

That could very well be and the depreciation on those is significant (Audi can be too, but S5s seem to hold decent value). I looked at a 2005 CL65 in 2008 with less than 40k miles with a price just south of 40k from 180k. You are correct, the CL is powerful and smooth but huge to me since it is essentially a two door S-Class.
Parking in a normal space and having to swing the gigantic door on the CL open proved difficult. It does open wide, but more of a challenge than the S5 or NSX for that matter.

Last edited:
Parking in a normal space and having to swing the gigantic door on the CL open proved difficult. It does open wide, but more of a challenge than the S5 or NSX for that matter.

I point to one of the most luxurious, powerful, safe, and comfortable coupes in the world and your complaint is that the door swing is too big? What are you, 80? :tongue:

Why does your daily driver have to stand out? I've seen you mention things along these lines a few times.

Wow, thanks for all the responses gents.
I always thought the CL would be outta range and a bit for the older guys, but I'll definitely look into that , I'd be into an AMG 63, not a 65 though. Love the sound on those.

S5 is a serious consideration but it's so underpowered at 350 on a V8. It would get mocked anywhere I took it except the daily ride.

I'd like to be able to drive it to a road corse occasionally and run a weekend here and there,

C63 seems a bit Small and cheap interior for the money IMO, but I could be wrong. I'll look into that too.

I really like the CTS-V but I hate the depreciation on those after a month.

m5-rear.jpg

Save the money, get one of these, six speed and a clutch. Sleeper + turn heads at the same time. Mod it up a bit with the left over money, Step on it and let the exhaust note engulf you, then feel the terror :biggrin:

Last edited:
m5-rear.jpg

Save the money, get one of these, six speed and a clutch. Sleeper + turn heads at the same time. Mod it up a bit with the left over money, Step on it and let the exhaust note engulf you, then feel the terror :biggrin:

Great cars. I've had four and its hard to find a sedan that compares in that price range.

Back