• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need recommendations on a paint shop in Chicago/Suburb

Hey guys,

I was driving to work in I-90 this morning and a truck threw some rocks/debris at my hood and it got scratched up a bit. I also have some minor scratches around the car that i would like to get fixed as well.

Anyway wondering if anyone can recommend a shop that i can take it to that preferably has experience painting NSXs.

I appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks.

skynet0419

PS - just an idea... do you guys think i should get the stock hood repainted or take this opportunity to get an NSX-R hood? :biggrin:

The Last Detail, in North Chicago, does outstanding work. But they are expensive. They often charge more than insurance reimburses for.

I have had my NSX repaired at Schaumburg Auto Body (847-524-3373), which has a lot of NSX experience (in fact, they just repaired the car of another 'prime member recently). They will do a very good job and use factory parts when needed. They're pretty close to you, even though they're at the opposite end of Schaumburg from you (almost in Roselle). Say hi to Ed and Michelle for me.

Other places with NSX experience include Acura of Libertyville (only Acura dealer in the Chicago area with their own body shop) and Marshall Services in Wisconsin.

If you're really finicky and you are willing to pay extra for the absolute best, consider the Last Detail; otherwise, I'm sure you'll be happy with Schaumburg Auto Body.

PS - just an idea... do you guys think i should get the stock hood repainted or take this opportunity to get an NSX-R hood?
If you're over the age of 17, stick with the stock hood. :biggrin:

The Last Detail, in North Chicago, does outstanding work. But they are expensive. They often charge more than insurance reimburses for.

I have had my NSX repaired at Schaumburg Auto Body (847-524-3373), which has a lot of NSX experience (in fact, they just repaired the car of another 'prime member recently). They will do a very good job and use factory parts when needed. They're pretty close to you, even though they're at the opposite end of Schaumburg from you (almost in Roselle). Say hi to Ed and Michelle for me.

Other places with NSX experience include Acura of Libertyville (only Acura dealer in the Chicago area with their own body shop) and Marshall Services in Wisconsin.

If you're really finicky and you are willing to pay extra for the absolute best, consider the Last Detail; otherwise, I'm sure you'll be happy with Schaumburg Auto Body.

If you're over the age of 17, stick with the stock hood. :biggrin:

Hahaha yeah thats what usually keeps me from doing body mods :tongue:
I'm like "Nahhh you already did that in highschool with the civic...NO MORE BODYKITS!! :biggrin:"

Schaumburg AutoBody is prolly my best bet. Close to home and reasonable pricing.

Thanks! :smile:

Ken was referring to me when he mentioned a prime member getting their car repaired. I can tell you that Schaumburg Auto Body did very good work on my car. They have a lot of NSX experience, too. They did a great job on replacing my fender, painting it, and welding it back on. Try them.:smile:

Back