• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

New Canadian Owner!!

Finially a dream come true. Today was a long day coming. I've been dreaming of owning an older Acura NSX ever since I was a kid. Last weekend a few friends and I went on a little road trip to take a peek at this car. I loved it as soon as I set my eyes on it. Took it for a drive and I was sold. I knew I had to have it. So over the last week, I had run a car proof (all checked out) and he had a full inspection done for me with just a few things that were cought that he took car of (for the most part).

So today we my wife and I drove over to Prince Edward Island and we picked this up from the Service Manager at Charlottetown Honda. He has had the car for the last 1 1/2 years bringing it up from the US. Its a 1991, has 86k on it.

I dont have any major plans as of right now. I plan on cleaning it up a bit and getting the maintenance up to date. (previous owner didnt have very much history on it). I did some research and found that this vehicle was on prime years ago. I tried contacting the person who posted it up for sale but havent heard from him. Hopefully he can get back to me.

Anyways on with the pics.

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

Congrats! Soo many new Canadian owners as of late

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Congrats!

Now get yourself to the Canadian forum, and join the NSX Club of Canada (and America, for that matter.)

Congratulations !! What a beauty! Don't know how long you've been on Prime but make sure you check out the NSX Wiki which you can access off the red action bar at the top of most pages. Lots of useful information on caring for your NSX; troubleshooting; and modifying.

You should be aware that you are very close to the major service interval which is supposed to be done every 7 years or 90k miles whichever comes first. This includes the timing belt, water pump, and a bunch of smaller stuff. If previous owners have been keeping up with maintenance, this major service should have been done in '98, '05, and again this year. Hopefully the service manager in Charlottetown recognized this and did it .. or at least advised you when it was last done if he knew. If you're lucky, maybe it was done less than 7 years ago and you can budget for the next one. Here's a post on what kind of wear items you can expect on a 20 year old car: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152139
Don't panic at all the potential items .. but use it as a guide for what might go wrong and plan to investigate as many items as you can.
Enjoy the ride.

Thanks for the advice. The car is at Acura right now waiting for service. Timing belt is being replaced. Does the water pump have to be replaced? According to the maintenance schedule it should just be inspected. It's getting a valve adjusted done as well along with some gaskets replaced, spark plug, coolent, brakes, tranny flush.

Hopefully it will drive like a new car when I get it back.

I would do the water pump as well. The labour is minimal since you are getting your timing belt changed.

Other things you should consider are alternator and AC belts.

I would also get your harmonic balancer, aka crank pulley changed now too, as they have been known to fail. There are OEM and even upgraded aftermarket ones available. Search for it here on Prime to find more.

Thanks guys for the advice, I'll be calling back Acura tomorrow to get more parts ordered.

Congrats & Welcome .... Nice Looking NSX! Enjoy!

Did you order a new OEM front chin spoiler since yours is missing? You will be amazed how much less frontal lift you have at highway speeds with that on there as opposed to not. Especially at highway speeds in the rain, you do NOT want the front end lifting since those are the wheels steering you. :eek:

welcome to the club. we all have the same story
saw as kid knew one day we would have one.

it came true for you so enjoy it

Did you order a new OEM front chin spoiler since yours is missing? You will be amazed how much less frontal lift you have at highway speeds with that on there as opposed to not. Especially at highway speeds in the rain, you do NOT want the front end lifting since those are the wheels steering you. :eek:

I'm getting the front bumper re painted this winter. At that time I plan on ordering a neww front lip and tow hook cover.

So a bit of an update. Had the car 3 step wax treatment by a great detailer in my area. I've been going to him for a few years now. Also the car is sitting at Acura awaiting for its appt on Tuesday. New timing belt/water pump, plugs, brake flush, coolent flush, tranny fluid flush, valve adjustment., vtec solenoid gaskets, AC and alternator belts replaced.

I think that's it for now. I can't wait for this bill haha.

cant wait to see how it turns out!

So a bit of an update. Had the car 3 step wax treatment by a great detailer in my area. I've been going to him for a few years now. Also the car is sitting at Acura awaiting for its appt on Tuesday. New timing belt/water pump, plugs, brake flush, coolent flush, tranny fluid flush, valve adjustment., vtec solenoid gaskets, AC and alternator belts replaced.

I think that's it for now. I can't wait for this bill haha.

in this day and age people still willing to purchase a 21 year old car ???

Acura ? Are you listening ? What wonderful stories these make :smile:

I can't imagine buying a 21 year domestic ? But NSX's are truly timeless..

Back