• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Ferrari 488 GTB Raises the Bar Again

I agree with you on that detail. The splitter treatment on the side intake and front bumper buck tooth splittter are poorly done IMO. The rear fascia of the 488 looks tons better tho!

Also I think it's hard to judge the sound of car from in cabin video. I bet it'll sounds even better with a properly tuned free-flow exhaust. The 458 aftermarket exhausts make it sound awesome if there is anything to go by.

personally, i think if the styling elements of both the 458 and the 488 could be combined, you might then have the best looking car in the world. doesn't work that way of course, unfortunately. these days aerodynamics and the wind tunnel dictate the shape of a car's body more than anything else. the 488 is still a gorgeous machine, and i guarantee when you see it in person it'll be magnificent. the all red 458 Speciale may be the most stunning of either of the above aforementioned models, and probably my next car. a 600 horsepower naturally aspirated Ferrari V8 does the trick for me. and in that chassis, i seriously can't imagine anything better, so bring on that 488.

i thought the inside sound of the 488 sounded pretty close to that of the 458, of which i have literally driven dozens, with all forms of stock and aftermarket exhaust. of course the outside sound will be entirely different. like everything else coming down the pipe, time will tell. one thing i think is certain, i doubt any part of the 488 will disappoint...

personally, i think if the styling elements of both the 458 and the 488 could be combined, you might then have the best looking car in the world. doesn't work that way of course, unfortunately. these days aerodynamics and the wind tunnel dictate the shape of a car's body more than anything else. the 488 is still a gorgeous machine, and i guarantee when you see it in person it'll be magnificent. the all red 458 Speciale may be the most stunning of either of the above aforementioned models, and probably my next car. a 600 horsepower naturally aspirated Ferrari V8 does the trick for me. and in that chassis, i seriously can't imagine anything better, so bring on that 488.

i thought the inside sound of the 488 sounded pretty close to that of the 458, of which i have literally driven dozens, with all forms of stock and aftermarket exhaust. of course the outside sound will be entirely different. like everything else coming down the pipe, time will tell. one thing i think is certain, i doubt any part of the 488 will disappoint...

Yes, put the hood treatment and rear fascia of the 488 on the 458 and that would be a winner IMO. The NA reliability, 9K rev, and no-lag are always going to be huge pluses but I'm very curious as to how all of these modern turbo cars will fair on the long term. Also very curious how the new NSX will stack up against it.

I hope Honda is watching carefully. Perhaps that's why they haven't let the public drive one yet as they are awaiting to get their hands on the 488 to make sure it's up to par???

- - - Updated - - -

488-speciale-Front-watermark.jpg

Actually, if this 488 GTO rendering is legit, then the front bumper and splitter treatment is much better than the stock GTB. It's looks much more cohesive and harmonized as a whole in this depiction.

The NA reliability, 9K rev, and no-lag are always going to be huge pluses but I'm very curious as to how all of these modern turbo cars will fair on the long term. Also very curious how the new NSX will stack up against it.

I hope Honda is watching carefully. Perhaps that's why they haven't let the public drive one yet as they are awaiting to get their hands on the 488 to make sure it's up to par???

Seems as though the turbos aren't boosted to the moon, so they should be reliable. Ferrari has been using turbos reliably for a few years now on other models. The comments from editors who've driven the 488 would indicate there's little if any noticeable lag.

As for Honda, eventually they'll need to stop talking about it and release a car...

- - - Updated - - -

Back in the 70's into the early 80's Ferrari had a smaller displacement turbo for all their 8 cylinder variants to bypass a rather stiff Italian domestic tax on bigger displacement motors ,plus the 288 and F40 were oem boosted.

Last edited:
Did someone say sound...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QQ5hALZb6wA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Sounds beautiful, but to me, the F355 will always be the best sounding Ferrari.

Back