• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New FORMULA silver TE-37's arrived!

And my quest for wheels will continue! Those are the wheel I wanted for my car...great! :frown:

Don't worry , if mine don't clear my brakes then I will either sell the wheels or the brakes...

OK , so my TE's are on the way , should see them next week , we shall see if they clear my brakes , if not you will see either wheels or brakes up for sale...

So here is an update with the stoptechs.

Wheels Specs (without spacers):
Volk TE37- Formula Silver (custom one-off order)
18x7.5 +30
19x9.5 +34

These will work FINE with OEM brakes (NA1 or NA2)

The rear:

19x9.5 +29 (that's with a 5mm spacer)= Absolutely does NOT clear the rear Stoptech. I have a 15mm spacer coming next week which should work. That will put me at 19x9.5 +19. In retrospect, should have went with 19x9.5 +22. If you guys are wondering how the hell I'm getting away with such aggressive offsets, keep in mind I'm slammed which has induced quite a bit of negative camber.

The front:
18x7.5 +30. BARELY clears, doesn't touch the caliper, but very close. I used painters tape not to scuff anything. Stoptech recommends 2mm clearance IIRC, which I don't have. Although a few primers stated that this offset would clear the front stoptechs, it does not clear it safely IMHO. I did another test fit with a 3mm spacer and cleared well. So that would put the front at 18x7.5 +27.

The Plan:

I will test fit the rear with a 15mm spacer. I will probably go with a 265 series tires in the rear and the narrowest 215 available for the front. I'm not throwing out these numbers out there. Since I have my advans on with spacers, I've been able to plug in various offsets and visually see what should/should not work. Worse case I'll have to get a custom alignment and camber the front out more.

Final Specs which I'm hoping/praying will work:

18x7.5 +27 (this is with a 3mm spacer in front)
19x9.5 +19 (this is with a 15mm spacer in rear)

Any recommendations on super narrow tires?

Last edited:
For what its worth. The XD9's I had on my car were 18x10 +38 rear with a 15MM spacer to clear the OEM caliper.

I tried 265's and they were way too wide. Your set up is just a 2mm difference on the outer edge. I ended up running a 245 but think a 255 would be perfect.

Something to consider.

James

I got 18x7.5 +40 , I'll try to run a 10mm spacer , I already shimmed my calipers 1mm so I think 30 offset will clear , if not I may need to shave the spokes, I'll probably run the 205/35/18 so that (a) I can avoid rubbing and (b) it will look a little stretched to match the rear.

REAR:

19X10.5 +22 (will try to machine it to a +30, I am now running that and is close but no rubbing) , keep in mind I am going to run a 265 or 275 on the 10.5 (not "officially" reommended) to give me the stretch I'll need - This is a very complex issue of wheel fitment and I will see what I can do. Also as stated ,
As I said either I will MAKE this work , or I'll be selling my rear stoptechs (I'm sick of the fitment issues) , or the wheels.

If it works you guys are in for a pretty cool surprise as I got something up my sleeves.

Hmm , I am pretty sure 9.5 with a 22 will rub unles you stretch a narrow tire and/or crank up the camber

19x9.5 +23 effective offset with a 275/30/19 tire (wheel is actually 19x9.5 +29 with 6mm of spacers to clear the rear calipers):
IMG_05161.jpg

Lowered on Eibachs with Bilsteins on the stock perch. No rubbing at all, I think because of the NSX suspension geometry. As you compress the rear springs, the top of the tire actually goes inward more (more negative camber).

Last edited:
^ Hoping for the best! I'm planning on:

205/35/18
255/30/19

You might actually get out of this ! the only thing is the front offset , I would try shimming the calipers then you might get away without a spacer since +30 is already pushing it!

19x9.5 +23 effective offset with a 275/30/19 tire (wheel is actually 19x9.5 +29 with 6mm of spacers to clear the rear calipers):
IMG_05161.jpg

Lowered on Eibachs with Bilsteins on the stock perch. No rubbing at all, I think because of the NSX suspension geometry. As you compress the rear springs, the top of the tire actually goes inward more (more negative camber).

I think people are too conservative on what the car can take in the rear, stock can go up to 9.5+22 with the right tire .

Problem is, the stoptech kit adds about 5mm to the width since the aluminum hat is thicker so we need to take that into account.

haha... sorry guys, these won't be installed for awhile. I have to install my BBK (in about two weeks) and then do a test fitment with these wheels. Once I can personally confirm they will clear, I probably won't put on these wheels for awhile as I barely had a chance to enjoy my Advan RS's (which have only been driven on twice). So maybe mid summer? But who knows.... :D

DSC00243.JPG

Mohammed

Well I had to triple check that because that's exactly what size & offset I have and I am pretty sure there's no way Brembos will fit. So going back with search I found this:
http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=28708

Hope this helps guys!

Is this what you meant to show?

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=28461&ppuser=9911

Thats a rear wheel.

The front is a 17x8 +38 .

THIS IS THE PROBLEM WITH VOLK WHEELS , they do so many "face" designs and spoke profiles , even though you have a 18x8 +38 , another person may order the same size and get a different face design or spoke shape.

At least the GT-series wheels list by A-B-C face so you can tell.

Last edited:
Well I had to triple check that because that's exactly what size & offset I have and I am pretty sure there's no way Brembos will fit. So going back with search I found this:
http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=28708

Hope this helps guys!

You are right,it my apology i created little problem i am really sorry.
The link you posted that is my wheels i bought it from Steve (randomharmony)

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90787&highlight=randomharmony

Mohammed

BOOOO..... stupid spacer FTL. Once you have them on, you ARE guna let me use them on the new ACURAFEST GALLERY RIGHT?..... Now that I have the AZINE support, workin on the NSX guys FTW! HAHA:wink:

soooooooooo when are you guna trade me your NSX for my TL?

Last edited:
Back