• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New On Ebay

there was an ad a while ago with same pictures asking around the same price and it was a scam so i think they are trying to scam someone again.

FYI, the following is the reply I received when inquiring about purchase process.

[/quote]
hi ,
since i`m located in united kingdom and the car along with the documents (including the clear title) are located in florida we need to have our deal registered at ebay, once the purchase is complete, i`ll come home and we can meet so i can give you the car and the documents, including the clear title. Since the date you picked up the car from me, you`ll dispose of 5 working days inspection period from ebay. During all this time, ebay blokes your money. If you are satisfied and you decide to keep the car, you have to inform ebay about this, and they will release the money to me. If the car is not as you expected and decide not to keep it, ebay will refund you the money, without any questions. I think this is more than fair for the both of us. Please take into consideration that i receive the money only after you will test the car and make sure everything is ok. If you agree with these terms and you have the money, send me your ebay username, full name and address and i will initiate the transaction with ebay. You will receive all the transaction details from them.

Anyone familiar with ebay cars knows this is a scam immediately! Turn them in - report this to Ebay and they'll remove it! Do your citizenry best - I have reported this kind of stuff many times when looking for a car! You should too!

Scam for sure but some people get taken in by this type of thing. I notice the link no longer takes you to the ad so it must have been reported.
Lets be realistic e bay do not hold money in escrow and anyone not around when you are buying a car is clearly a scam. If you don't meet the owner and have proof they really live there and own the car walk away there is always another car.

Back