• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Red to White NSX-R conversion

shawn110975

Suspended
Guys I was contacted by a local Prime Member that wants to
convert his Red NSX to NH603P 02+ conversion.
Complete engine removal, etc. this is going to be a real Fun one.

Chris and his Lovely wife Julia stopped by the shop to see some of my other NSX's. Chris has been collecting parts to do this conversion for some time now. so we went to his house, loaded a borrowed truck with the hood front bumper, rear lower etc.

I then raced Julia all the way back to my shop. Nothing is better than
1st a chic that can drive stick, 2nd a chic that drive like a Bat outta hell, and 3rd a chic that can VTEC an NSX so freaking Hot.:biggrin:

I didnt have time for pics but I will post them tomorrow.

I think I am getting really deep into the NSX world and I dont think I want to turn back.

dont turn that channel guys this is going to be one bad ass NSX.

here are some pics to start the thread off a day late but you need something to HOOK the lurkers. LOL

2012-08-28_11-51-15_468.jpg

Last edited:
I want to meet Julia ;)

Subscribed to build!!

Are u guys getting tired of my builds lol they keep piling up in my shop
Wouldn't have it any other way :biggrin:

You should setup a camera in the corner of the shop with a wide angle lens and have it set to take a photo every 10 mins throughout the duration of a build and do a time lapse, from start to finish.

I have to ask cause I keep seeing NH603P. What does it mean?

Can't wait to see pics.

I believe that is the color code for oem NSx type r white

This is a paint code. It is White Diamond Pearl...

NSX Type R in Championship white is NH-0. My car was previously this.

yeah NH603P is the pearl White Honda color.

I took tons of pics. I had to move a bunch of cars around to fit everything in but I did a good job.

will upload later today.

this is gonna be a so in depth because everything needs to come off the car and then back on again ohhhh yummmy

did some minor stuff today beside move a bunch of cars around.

removed the headlights, and OEM hood. installed the CF hood and removed the front bumper.

lots to do on this one, Im thinking you guys are right I should just put a link for an IP camera
and let you guys watch me all day LOL

I am actually thinking about doing this. no mechanic wants people watching him at all times but it would keep you on your toes right.
not allowed to use a Huge Hammer or if you Kick the car because you cant get a bolt out LOL no no no.

2012-08-28_11-50-42_612.jpg

2012-08-28_11-50-27_309.jpg

2012-08-28_14-04-04_281.jpg

2012-08-28_14-03-54_144.jpg

2012-08-28_14-03-43_686.jpg

2012-08-28_14-03-37_596.jpg

Last edited:
yeah NH603P is the pearl White Honda color.

I took tons of pics. I had to move a bunch of cars around to fit everything in but I did a good job.

will upload later today.

this is gonna be a so in depth because everything needs to come off the car and then back on again ohhhh yummmy

Just to clarify, this is going to be Honda's regular pearl white and not championship white?

yes Pearl White. not championship white, sorry, for the confusion

I think they should have done the NSX-R in pearl it would look way better

I will find out tomorrow, yeah it fit like a glove.
no adjustment needed.

on my 2002 Build I had to adjust it around a little to get it to fit right,
and still it was off a little that brand was siebon or something.
I not into the CF thing or the brands would pop off my head

and my 2004 I just got its hood look like it fit like a glove.
I dont know the brand of that one either.

very very light I can tell you that. well made to.

Last edited:
Shawn....thay hood misses the air vent opening for this to be a proper NSX-R conversion (since you are updating the front to 02+) :wink:

I know I am gonna talk to him about just swapping me for the NSX-R hood I already have since its going to get painted anyway why not ya know.

since I want to return the 2004 to OEM standards :smile:

Oh yeah does anyone know what color code the mirrors are for the NSX-R I think they are Berlina Not sure NH547 is what my car is not sure.

Last edited:
so is this your new fulll time job? or just side hobby lol, if so how you find the time lol

Back