• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Red to White NSX-R conversion

Shawn,

i still see the whole interior in there...isn't the cabin's interior getting some paint to get all the red out?!

and why don't you paint the chassi black and only paint the panels in white? this way, future colors changes would be easier and the NSX-R conversion would be one step closer to OEM :tongue:

Nuno

the lift is on the way starting a shop and then just buying a random 2004 NSX
killed cash funds available. have to work with what you have for now.

and the interior is going to stay in except the door panels(leather) etc.
still need to take the mirrors off and the lock

guys what do you think about shaving the door locks off since its keyless entry anyway they never use the key so why not

would an NSX look stupid with out the door locks?

we already deleted all 4 sidemarkers front and rear and adding the JDM style side light.

doorsdelsete.jpg

or should I say deleted.

any ideas I have a few like if the keyless battery died a secret button etc.

and is the JDM side light a blinker or is it just parking light only? Help....

Last edited:
Shawn, one vote here for eliminating the key locks. Looks much cleaner without them, and as noted, they are seldom (never) used anyway.

By the way, I can't imagine anyone disassembling an NSX as fast as you do!!!!!

Keep up the superb work. I think I'll stop by and visit your shop the next time I am in Tampa.

John

I thought I posted pics of the headlight partial cutting LOL

for all you guys that want to do the front end conversion you need to cut into your Headlight bucket to get the 02+ lights to fit. here are the pics to show you where to cut and how an OEM one looks

sorry these pics got lost in my phone for some reason.

2012-09-01_14-24-33_603.jpg

2012-09-01_14-25-25_552.jpg

2012-09-01_14-25-35_79.jpg

Last edited:
Ok updates I should have some new pics tonight,
I am going in to finish the removal of all the front stuff
and remove the mirrors, etc.

tring to talk the owner into shaving the door locks he said go for it but I want to confirm first LOL

and it should be off to paint tomorrow or monday, not sure yet. the owner is not in a rush and wants it done right so that works for me
cuz I hate deadlines LOL

stay tuned guys. this is gonna get good here real quick.

Hey Shawn what the going rate for a same color paint job in our cars these days? I mean you do have an Acura dealership on your hands so I figured you would know for sure. The 04 silver paint job you did came out great.

just a paint job with Ferrari craftmanship is about 3500-4500 no ornage peel anywhere on the car. its better than mint.

send me your car LOL will start a build thread on it

Im gonna get mine repainted at after NSXPO
http://www.extrememotorcar.com/

check him out or call him.Owner name is Bruce trust me he is worth every penny.

just a paint job with Ferrari craftmanship is about 3500-4500 no ornage peel anywhere on the car. its better than mint.

send me your car LOL will start a build thread on it

Im gonna get mine repainted at after NSXPO
http://www.extrememotorcar.com/

check him out or call him.Owner name is Bruce trust me he is worth every penny.

How much would they charge if I were to bring all the body panels there to be painted. Basically I do all the work & they just paint.

If you shave off the key holes how the heck will the owner close the door? I always close my door with a finger on the key hole so I won't scratch my paint lol.

yes the engine bay is going to be Gloss black.
actually I talked with the painters and they think everything should be gloss black except the panels will be White.

changing the color later on down the road will make it easy.

I am doing the header install possibly today since the engine is out of the car it makes it so easy.
need to take off the valve covers and intake manifold cover and send off for red powdercoating.

will post pics today.

guys what do you think about shaving the door locks off since its keyless entry anyway they never use the key so why not

would an NSX look stupid with out the door locks?

any ideas I have a few like if the keyless battery died a secret button etc.

Not really worth the trouble since it doesn't effect the look very much at all. If the car battery dies your done and even the hidden button wouldn't work.

Could it be powder coated white?

Mike

yeah if the car battery died it would not work with an electric button, but a wire pull similar to the gas pull lever would :biggrin: cant say to much as to tell the car theives what to look for LOL

but I can say if the owner goes along with what we want to do this will be a NSX 1 of 1 nothing like it on earth.
the color and mods are gonna be so tasteful I am sure a car magazine is gonna wanna do a spread about this car.

this is going to be sick. :biggrin::eek::smile:

If you have a factory alarm, you use the key to turn it off when its "alarming and blaring and embarrassing you because you didn't know that... :eek:"

might be a point to consider

still at the paint shop, this car is gonna be one bad ass custom NSX.

stay tuned guys its getting close.

I am working on getting the headers installed and the valve covers painted.

I just picked up another NSX a few days ago, my shop is buldging with NSX's LOL

Ok guys I have installed the headers that he got from SOS
it looks sick, I havent posted pics cuz I have been busy with all kinds of stuff, kinda waiting on the car to get back from the paint shop.

I will try and post some pics today of the headers it looks so cool.
Im gonna goahead and buy the same one from SOS.

its their SOS Brand headers which is made by DC I think
nice and shiney yummy

Ok this car is coming along Extreme Motor Cars has been taking the pictures so if you wanna see some of the work being done check it out
heres the link

http://www.extrememotorcar.com/album74?page=1

this car is going to be bad ass.

lots of fitment issues with NON OEM ( No names LOL ) but its all going to work out.

the Owner is very happy so far with the work that is being done to the car. I will post some pics of the headers installed as I am waiting on the car to get painted so i can put this thing back together

looks awesome!!!

can i assume that those are
- taitec front bumper?
- downforce side skirts?
- downforce rear skirt (doesnt look like seibon)

the reason im asking is not to talk poorly of the brands/products in any way as fitment issues amongst aftermarket body parts almost always need extra massaging from expert body guys.

i just figure this would/will help other prime members (myself included) re selecting aftermarket parts for 02+ conversion.

thank you!

i think the type r hood from the 04 silver one should be purchased and swapped on this build! to build a type r in WHITE would be sorely missing the type r hood!

Ok this car is coming along Extreme Motor Cars has been taking the pictures so if you wanna see some of the work being done check it out
heres the link

http://www.extrememotorcar.com/album74?page=1

this car is going to be bad ass.

lots of fitment issues with NON OEM ( No names LOL ) but its all going to work out.

the Owner is very happy so far with the work that is being done to the car. I will post some pics of the headers installed as I am waiting on the car to get painted so i can put this thing back together

the front bumper is Directly molded off the factory 2002-05 bumper
DF looks good out of the box but.....

nothing is better than OEM. trust me its more expensive but the ammount of time to prep it and line it up etc.sanding it, in labor at paint shop
would have been cheaper to get OEM. or break even.

OEM guys for body parts trust me.

as for the side skirts these are also DF but this pair seem to fit perfect not adjustments

not all are the same. the last pair of DF I got for my red 1996 build the driverside skirt was shorter by like a half inch.

so Employee A makes perfect skirts while employee B makes them a half inch to short.

Like they use to say never buy a car that was made on monday or Friday.
friday the workers want to get off and hurry up and build it. and never on monday cuz they are getting off their hang-over from the weekend.

they use to stamp cars with the day it was finished but they dont any more. same concept applys here. LOL

the front bumper is Directly molded off the factory 2002-05 bumper
DF looks good out of the box but.....

nothing is better than OEM. trust me its more expensive but the ammount of time to prep it and line it up etc.sanding it, in labor at paint shop
would have been cheaper to get OEM. or break even.

OEM guys for body parts trust me.

as for the side skirts these are also DF but this pair seem to fit perfect not adjustments

not all are the same. the last pair of DF I got for my red 1996 build the driverside skirt was shorter by like a half inch.

so Employee A makes perfect skirts while employee B makes them a half inch to short.

Like they use to say never buy a car that was made on monday or Friday.
friday the workers want to get off and hurry up and build it. and never on monday cuz they are getting off their hang-over from the weekend.

they use to stamp cars with the day it was finished but they dont any more. same concept applys here. LOL

So the front bumper isn't downforce (doest look like DF as it had the bumper line) but its not taitec either ?!

Back