• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New S2CarbonWorks Prototype Dual-Ram Air Induction System NSX!

Started new thread. Mods' feel free to trash. Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-14 at 5.09.27 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-11-14 at 5.09.27 PM.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 855
  • Screen Shot 2015-11-14 at 5.08.35 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-11-14 at 5.08.35 PM.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 798
  • Screen Shot 2015-11-14 at 5.09.43 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-11-14 at 5.09.43 PM.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 793
Last edited:
Will update later in the week when I have the first units off the line. Our test fit went great, so we are punching out a few of these this week for final photos. Stay tuned!

Can't wait to see the results (pictures, video of induction sounds, and hopefully some dyno benenfits), if everything works out well I will probably be putting one on my car!

Let me know if you are looking for a product ambassador, you know how to get a hold of me. I've been working on a very similar set up but this is so similar, and you are further along (because I dont have the time) that I might as well take a serious look at just going with yours.

Where's the filter go? lower? upper?

Last edited:
Could you explain how the heat soak is improved over the OEM airbox?

My custom box will have a carbon duct connecting to the GT Hatch duct, bringing in more cold air than the side duct allows. Directly plumbed to the top of the air box. Side duct air flow is still supplied, but adding the 2nd source of direct ram-air flow.

My custom box will have a carbon duct connecting to the GT Hatch duct, bringing in more cold air than the side duct allows. Directly plumbed to the top of the air box. Side duct air flow is still supplied, but adding the 2nd source of direct ram-air flow.

Still puzzled by the heat soak comment.
Whether the airbox is fed from one source or many only so much air can go through it and all the air coming in is the same temp.
Could you elaborate?

As you haven't replied I've added some other points.

On F1 cars the air boxes are normally insulated to reduce the amount of engine heat transmitted to the incoming air.
As your airbox is aluminum won't it transmit more heat from the engine compartment to the incoming air than the relatively thick plastic OEM airbox?

You also mention your airbox will "provide the engine with extremely cold fresh air".
The air entering the airbox intakes will be at ambient air temperature so is there some cooling happening somewhere to provide the "extremely cold air"?

Lastly it's calculated by Renault F1 engineers that at 200 mph there is a 5% gain in air pressure from the F1 car overheard air intake over normal atmospheric pressure.
What percent gain would you expect at more normal speeds?

Last edited:
Still puzzled by the heat soak comment.
Whether the airbox is fed from one source or many only so much air can go through it and all the air coming in is the same temp.
Could you elaborate?

The air coming in from the outside of the engine bay is not the same temp as the air in the engine bay. The air does not stagnate in the air box under throttle, so how would the air effectively be the "same" temperature as you say>?

As you haven't replied I've added some other points.

On F1 cars the air boxes are normally insulated to reduce the amount of engine heat transmitted to the incoming air.
As your airbox is aluminum won't it transmit more heat from the engine compartment to the incoming air than the relatively thick plastic OEM airbox?

You also mention your airbox will "provide the engine with extremely cold fresh air".
The air entering the airbox intakes will be at ambient air temperature so is there some cooling happening somewhere to provide the "extremely cold air"?

In my design, for my own air box, I am utilizing the roof duct + side duct to bring in 2 sources of cold fresh air, both outside of the engine bay. at Zero throttle, sure the air will gradually get to the same temp as engine bay ambient temp, but under throttle when the car is moving the air does not equal the ambient engine air temp. This has already been proven on our other product, the GT cooling panel. I'm sure the prime member that did extensive data logging can chime in if he see's this thread. His vehicle is a dedicated track monster.

Lastly it's calculated by Renault F1 engineers that at 200 mph there is a 5% gain in air pressure from the F1 car overheard air intake over normal atmospheric pressure.
What percent gain would you expect at more normal speeds?

Estimated would be the same, as there is no blockage or reduction in volume from end to end, direct to throttle body.

Pretty cool project - so no air filter is needed for this setup?

I was going to pickup a GruppeM in the near future but this box looks pretty cool! I don't have a GT rear hatch so the only air would be coming from the OEM setup, do I still need a filter?

First production unit done! ��New SCW NSX Air Induction Box Intake w/ Polycarbonate window. �� @scwperformance #nsxintake #customintake #nsxprime #scw

Full aircraft quality aluminum material + hand TIG welded construction, all stainless hardware, aluminum bracketry, polycarbonate window (optional).

- - - Updated - - -

attachment.php

- - - Updated - - -

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Pretty cool project - so no air filter is needed for this setup?

I was going to pickup a GruppeM in the near future but this box looks pretty cool! I don't have a GT rear hatch so the only air would be coming from the OEM setup, do I still need a filter?
Jeremy's design uses ARC filter elements ( 1 or 2, depending on your configurations. It sounds great!

The air coming in from the outside of the engine bay is not the same temp as the air in the engine bay. The air does not stagnate in the air box under throttle, so how would the air effectively be the "same" temperature as you say? Estimated would be the same, as there is no blockage or reduction in volume from end to end, direct to throttle body.

Are you comparing the intake air temperature in your new airbox with your short ram engine bay intake?
If you are I agree your new airbox would have lower intake air temps.
My comment was comparing the OEM outside air intake system with your new outside air intake system.
In my mind the intake air temps would be the same so the gains would be the same based on air intake temperature no?

As far as intake flow rates go the following thread contains a lot of science on intakes and worth a read.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...tle-Body-A-worthy-mod-Which-one-is-best/page5

Last edited:
Back