• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

newb

Having never even sat in an NSX or even really seeing one up close, I drove 14 hours to go pick one up and drove it home. Been searching for the last year and wanting one for even longer so here it is.
Day I bought it:
attachment.php

Later on:
attachment.php

It was a pretty nice short vacation. Saw the petrified wood national park which was neat and visited a few breweries and SOS.

Replaced trunk and hatch struts with GSB units. I like the hatch struts. Will probably go back to OEM on the trunk struts.
Have new upper windshield molding sitting in the garage and will probably do the coolant hoses sometime after I buy a lift.

Pretty crazy the amount of attention this car brings at almost every gas station and even on the road.
Much more so than my jeep:
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20160411_140458.jpg
    20160411_140458.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 564
  • 20160506_221101.jpg
    20160506_221101.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 556
  • 20140621_141741.jpg
    20140621_141741.jpg
    327.9 KB · Views: 553
welcome, you're going to really enjoy it. sits a bit lower than the jeep it looks like. this is a great site,lots of smart and knowledgable people on here,spend some time on prime and you'll learn a lot.

Welcome to the cult. Looks like you've found a great car.

Thanks! Yeah its been awesome so far. It is weeping coolant from somewhere in the tunnel. But I drove it 14 hours without even seeing a change in the tank. You can just smell it when it's parked after a drive. Sos did the ppi and that's the only thing I need to address sooner than later.

Awesome Jeep!

Congrats and welcome to the community! If you haven't already found it, you might want to check out the NSX Wiki which you can find on the red action bar at the top of most pages. It hasn't been updated lately but still contains an amazing amount of useful information that you'll want to familiarize yourself with.
Enjoy!

Put another 1k on it this weekend. I need to "flip" the tires, the insides of the rears are worn out while the outside is perfectly fine.

Put another 1k on it this weekend. I need to "flip" the tires, the insides of the rears are worn out while the outside is perfectly fine.

you may want to get the car aligned if you don't know what the current settings are.Also some directional tires are not switchable side to side.

John's old car! Sad to see it leave Arizona, but glad it looks like it went to a good home. He took really nice care of it, so you got a great one. Congratulations.

John's old car! Sad to see it leave Arizona, but glad it looks like it went to a good home. He took really nice care of it, so you got a great one. Congratulations.

Thanks! Yeah it's a great car and John is awesome. Really happy about how everything worked out.

Changed the oil with mobil1 0/30 today and got the new tires mounted. Still need to do a few more things which may wait until winter because I want to drive it instead.

No typo. Ow30 is the same as 10w30 at operating temp. I could have used 5w probably due to the temps here but 0 flows better when "cold".
I don't see any reason to not use 0w30.

Back