• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Newbie in Houston

Hello everyone,

I have been lurking around this website, reading all your posts, doing research on exhausts, headers, wheels, suspension, where to get service, paint, short gears, sos, dali, blah, blah, blah and I don't even have an NSX. Crazy? Maybe. But today, today was a great day...I bought an NSX and I love it!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Sorry, just finished driving it. :biggrin:

Hey Alex,

My name is Lloyd and needless to say I'm a little excited. Will post some pics tomorrow when the sun comes up.

Hey Lloyd,

Welcome to the club! I remember many years ago, I was the same. Actually, I experienced the excitement twice, as I sold and purchased an NSX again.

Also, stay tuned for local meets and events.

And lastly, don't forget to sign up for NSXCA. :smile:

Regards,
- Zishan

Btw, post some details about your purchase i.e. year color mods etc. Pics too!

Pics coming soon. It's pretty plain jane at the moment but hopefully will be doing some mod's in the near future.

2004 black on black sexy axx NSX. 23k miles and very clean. I'm 32 but I feel like a 10 yr old with a new toy! :biggrin: I can't get this frickin grin off my face!

Looking forward to meeting the local crew. . .

- Lloyd

Nice! I believe there are now 3 02+ blk on blk NSX'es in Houston!

Did you buy the one from Sterling McCall Acura?

Btw, congrats on the purchase. We just had a meet but will be going back to doing the semi-somewhat-monthly Chachos breakfast.

Thanks Matt. It is the one from S M Acura. It was a lease in OK and was shipped here 6 weeks ago according to the dealer. I guess a little better market for the vehicle perhaps.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I don't know where to start. Probably exhaust I guess. Anyone have any suggestions on local place for parts? Looks like SOS is the one stop shop for everything..

I know of a Taitec Parallel exhaust that's for sale (almost new) that's local.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I don't know where to start. Probably exhaust I guess. Anyone have any suggestions on local place for parts? Looks like SOS is the one stop shop for everything..

We've got some variety in town. I'd suggest hearing "samples" before you purchase. Just to name a few we have running around:

GT Extreme
GT One 5.1 (hard to get)
Comptech
Taitec GTLW
Taitec GT Parallel
DC Sports
And Straight Pipes :eek:

Last edited:
congrats Lloyd..

where around houston you from?

:biggrin::biggrin:

Good idea Zishan. I heard some samples on the SOS website and had thought about doing the ARK exhaust. If anyone is selling exhaust I would be happy to take a listen. I'm ready to pull the trigger asap.

Thanks s2 killer. I live near I-10 and voss just outside the west loop.

Slept in the NSX last night, have a crook in my neck...:wink:

Slept in the NSX last night, have a crook in my neck...:wink:

ha, with that type of enthusiasm, you're gonna fit right in!

Which ARK are you thinking about? I had the ARK DTS, which I sold to Scott in Conroe. I think he just sold it??? Great sounding exhaust, light, good fit, and nets a good HP gain (according to SOS's website one of the best along with the Taitec GTLW, which drones, ask me how I know!).

Let me know when/if you get an exhaust and I can help with installing it. I’ve learned (the hard way) you need a 12mm wrench and socket….right Matt?? :biggrin:

Correctomundo Z.

But it was Vince's car that was the guinea pig. Not mine :biggrin:

Thanks s2 killer. I live near I-10 and voss just outside the west loop.

:

anytime.. the reason i ask is im from the houston area and lived in spring branch

hi Lloyd, this is steve from tyler. I've just put lovefab turbo on my nsx and its time to sell my GT-One Ver.4 exhaust. I bought the baby from Henry in houston and its the most beautiful sound you can ever heard from a nsx. I had it for littler over a year and put about 1500 miles on it. I think it has just broke in. If you are interested please contact me. Cody should be done with my car at the end of this month.

Back