• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nice Corvette

Some guy asked: "Soooooo, what is the gas mileage?"

Me: "I really don't know, I just floor it, But my wifes Audi gets an excellent 28 MPG!"

nsx.jpeg

Neo, what is the comparison of other cars that are more basic like an RSX?
Is it a 45k car?

this all reminds of the time i was in line to get my car washed and an old italian guy asked me:

Him: "What kind car is that?"
Me: "It's and Acura NSX."
Him: "FUCKING beautiful!"
Me: "Thanks :D"

I get the "nice vette" comment more often than any other comment about the NSX.

Usually it's something like "Is that the new vette?" or "Oh you're vette looks so nice what year is that".

I had the NSX parked outdside my garage this past weekend and a man who was walking by with his family stopped in front of the car while talking on his cellphone and I overheard him saying to the person on the phone "Whoa... what is THAT! I think it's an Acura.... WHAT? $90,000 for an Acura? That thing looks like a Ferrari!" His wife noticed that I was watching from the garage where I was doing some reorganizing. I think she was annoyed and or embarrased and forcefully tugged her husbands arm to get him back on his way. Of course he reluctantly complied still oblivious to my presence and not breaking eye contact with the car for several yards. It was funny.

ryans said:
This one guy approached me at the Gas station and was jumping up and down for joy when he saw it. He said "nice car buddy" and then turned to his mom and said "that's a 100,000 dollar car, I drive it on Gran turismo all the time."

I just smiled and left.

Good cars can turn even the oldest men into boys again...

How about "HEY, HOW FAST IS IT?"

Yeah, when the unwashed drool and go "How fast is it?", my response is 'well, it can get around Road Atlanta in under a minute forty-five'. I love the puzzled expression :confused: that follows... :tongue:

Less than an hour ago...

I turned onto my street on my way home from work I passed a lady walking her dog. I drove on home, into the garage, out of the car and wander out to the mailbox to check the mail. By now the lady and the dog are passing my house and she says to me "Nice Avenger!"

I guess I kind of smiled but I didn't say anything and I thought she was going to keep going but she stopped and said "that is an Avenger, right?" Anyway, I told her what it was and we chatted for a minute about it (she'd never heard of an NSX). Nice lady.

ChopsJazz said:
At that point it's nice to give them a look under the hood at the "engine". :wink:
while casually mentioning that it's a hybrid... :smile:

I told one guy it was a 4cyl rotary.... (while looking at the spare tire......)
he seemed to know everything about the 4cyl rotary... and wanted to race his 4.6L v8 Rustang against it....

we all laughed at him for some time after he left.

KODIAC said:
I told one guy it was a 4cyl rotary.... (while looking at the spare tire......)
he seemed to know everything about the 4cyl rotary... and wanted to race his 4.6L v8 Rustang against it....

we all laughed at him for some time after he left.

that is great, I love the rotary motion of the spare too!

On the other hand, there are people out there that get it right... On the evening of the 4th, I was leaving a pullout off of Skyline overlooking the Shoreline fireworks display in Mountain View, CA. I heard someone yell with excitement, "Hey, that's an N-S-X....... awesome"... :cool:

My two favorites:

1) I was at a convenience store grabbing bread and coffee, my wife was in the car (top out). Some guy walked out with his girlfriend and pointed at the car... "That's the new Acura RX-8".

2) At a gas station back when the car had the NSX-R hood. Guy walks up, looks at the front of the car, looks at me... "where's the motor?"

:)

Ryan

NSX-Tuner said:
On the other hand, there are people out there that get it right.

I often encounter this too. Maybe its because we see more NSXs on the road year round out here in CA.

My NSX was in a car show with two other locals (Romeo and Steve). We had our three cars in the show. A kid, about 10 years old, walks up with his dad and says "DAD! Look! Three NSXs. I love this car. Its built by Honda, the engine is in the middle", etc, etc (he goes on an on). Then he asks "how much is a new one?". I say - "over $80,000". His head drops and he says with a big sigh "oh". I told him - "don't worry about it kid, you'll have one someday - you already have the right attitude". He then checked out our cars and pointed out to me what was different between the three cars we had there.

So, if a 10 year old kid gets it, I would hope a guy at a body shop would. :biggrin:

I forgot to tell you. When I found the car, it was in the Chevrolet showroom and a guy walked past it with his family and the wife asked "what kind of car is that". He said " It's the new corvette."

mickeylex said:
I often encounter this too. Maybe its because we see more NSXs on the road year round out here in CA.

My NSX was in a car show with two other locals (Romeo and Steve). We had our three cars in the show. ". He then checked out our cars and pointed out to me what was different between the three cars we had there.

So, if a 10 year old kid gets it, I would hope a guy at a body shop would. :biggrin:

Nalesh, I remember very well :biggrin:. Do you remember the Red C5 that tried to mess with us on our way back home? :wink:

Tonight, a beautiful Indian women said to me "Oh, what a cute car you have"... That's the first time someone call it cute... :D

looks like a "mini-corvette and a lot cheaper"?

oh my god!!! Corvette is a cheap V8 powered plastic sportscar. It's like a toy. Please don't group NSX and Corvette together.

Timpo said:
looks like a "mini-corvette and a lot cheaper"?

oh my god!!! Corvette is a cheap V8 powered plastic sportscar. It's like a toy. Please don't group NSX and Corvette together.

While the NSX is a fantastic car and very sexy, I think you're being a little hard on the Vettes. Just because your NSX may cost more doesn't mean it's the better car. I'd put my Z06 up against a stock NSX, road course or strip.

Nash said:
While the NSX is a fantastic car and very sexy, I think you're being a little hard on the Vettes. Just because your NSX may cost more doesn't mean it's the better car. I'd put my Z06 up against a stock NSX, road course or strip.

I'd put my '91 NSX up against a '91 Vette for comfort on a long trip and reliability. :biggrin:

one of my friends thinks the new vette is the greatist car ever...i told him unless it a 1966 427 stingray i was not interested..and the Zo6 may beat a stock NSX down the strip but i wont have to hold my dashboard together while doing it :smile: JZ

I got a good laugh a couple weeks ago when my corvette loving friend was over and i was washing my car, the nabor kid (a 14 year old vietnemese kid) was there looking at my car and my friend said something about the vette and the kid said "corvette? thoes are for old white guys!" I laughed my ass off! :tongue:

I think he signed up today just to defend his precious vette. :D Some people go out of there way to create chaos. :D ..................... unless he's looking for a different car cause he's getting bored with the vette. :D

Back