• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nice Corvette

yeah my car is a 92 with 100k on it and has no squeks or rattles I dare anyone to find a 92 vette that fits that discription ...It can't be done! :biggrin:

NSX-Tuner said:
I think he signed up today just to defend his precious vette. :D Some people go out of there way to create chaos. :D ..................... unless he's looking for a different car cause he's getting bored with the vette. :D

No not trying to cause any chaos. I've visited here for serveral months and I check in from time to time. I didn't see the need to join until I saw this post. I don't know where you get the idea of me wanting to cause chaos, I haven't bashed the NSX, I've only stated the truth.

I have several different type car forums in my favorites and this happens to be one of them; plus on of my good friends posts here and I like to spy a bit so he won't surprise me with new mods, but my cover is blown now. :biggrin: Once he reads this, he'll chime in. No need for the thin skin it's all in fun ,and like I said, you guys have a fantastic car.

The #s for the new vette are quite impressive but well have to see how the car holds up long term thats where GM has had big problems I have worked on cars for a living for 15 years and some of my worst nightmare cars were vettes, A guy i used to work with that worked at a vette only shop said told me "GM does not stand for Good Monkey" I have found that to be true. however the new vette seems pretty nice (for GM) :wink: :smile:

Yeah, the older vettes were know for problems and very expensive to repair. While the expense is still there the problems aren't too bad. I had rings replaced under warranty due to an oil consumption problem, but that's been it in two years.

By the way, the new '06 Z06 ran a 7:43 (unoffical, it just happened) at the Ring.

zahntech said:
The #s for the new vette are quite impressive but well have to see how the car holds up long term thats where GM has had big problems

I agree. I'm watching the new Z06 closely... may pick one up within the next couple of years as a second car (want to keep the miles off the new NSX).

Ryan

Speaking of Vettes, I think they are nice cars...BUT to the NSXs defense, when we had our Irvine/Tustin meet over the weekend we came across a Supercharged C5 while waiting at the light.

The NSX was a 92 with a Supercharger and the Vette I guess wanted a run..

Light turns green and it is ovious who was going to take the cake and who was going to eat exhaust fumes.. NSX Up front...NEXT light, same result... :eek:

Hmmmm... Yummy Supercharger calling me..... :frown: :frown: :frown: Hmmmmm...

Mike

Nash said:
Funny, I've never had interior or exterior problems while blowing by NSXs. :wink:
But will you say that again in 10 years? :wink:

And I'm pretty sure the 7:40 nurburgring time was made by the top secret blue devil Z06, not the production one. Still pretty impressive.

Accordingly said:
But will you say that again in 10 years? :wink:

And I'm pretty sure the 7:40 nurburgring time was made by the top secret blue devil Z06, not the production one. Still pretty impressive.

Hopefully I can say that in ten years. I'm not going to argue that the interior isn't the best on the market, it's a GM, and I think I share some of the same interior parts as my neighbors '02 Malibu :redface: ......but it'll do.

The buzz on the Z06 forum is that Blue Devil wasn't there.

Some crazy guy ajzahn on the supercarforums keeps the stats everyone is quoting all over the internet. Your link gives the same broken link I originally did (postID=10073 from supercars), but your guy changed the hp stats.

Here's the real original post
7:40* -- 161.217 km/h – Corvette Z06 “Blue Devil”, 600 PS/ 1319 kg(estimated), Jan Magnusen (AutoBild 7/2005) (*mfr.)

and for comparison, the best Z06 time:
7:56 --- 155.798 km/h -- Chevrolet Corvette C6 (company test driver Dave Hill)

Best Z05 time:
8:18 --- 149.916 km/h -- Chevrolet Corvette Z05 Commemorative Edition, 344 PS (sport auto 09/2003)

Best NSX time:
8:09 --- 151.656 km/h -- Honda NSX-R, 320 PS/1467 kg (sport auto 08/2002)

Looks like this is becoming hard to understand for both of us but if you click on link below the "blue devil" time you'll see that everyone is confirming it was the Z06 not the blue devil.

Here's another link discussing the new times at the ring.

Z06 at the ring

Last edited:
ChopsJazz said:
At that point it's nice to give them a look under the hood at the "engine". :wink:

People ask me all of the time to "see under the hood" of my MR2 (NSX lite).
acn.jpg
The confused look on their face when I show them is priceless. :smile:

ChopsJazz said:
At that point it's nice to give them a look under the hood at the "engine". :wink:

LOL, this happened to me just last weekend when the guys at the local (domestic) dyno asked me to pop the hood so they could hook up the RPM pickup. :smile:

The other night I had two different people minutes appart ask me if my car was the new vette. Thankfully someone later that night asked me if it is a Ferrari.....put me in a good mood again lol.

In a nutshell, people are confusing the two cars for good reason, whether you like it or not. They resemble each other. I wonder how Ferrari guys feel when asked if theirs is an NSX ;)

So last night I pull up to a high end local restaurants valet parking. I ask the attendant if I could park the car myself, or perhaps just leave it in front of his valet area. He told me not to self park a beautiful car like this, and that if I would leave it out front he would keep his eyes on it. He went on to say that Ferrari's should never be left unattended in a public parking area. I thanked him, told him it was an NSX, and went on to enjoy my dinner.
Upon my departure, I thanked him again for his courtesy and attention, as I slipped him a twenty dollar bill.
It wasn't till a few minutes later that I realized that he probably uses that Ferrari line on every NSX owner. After all, it worked to his economic advantage with me. I smiled, and thought about how smooth he was and, as a result of his performance, how much he really deserved that twenty.

Corey
'02 sil/sil

JDM baby...

hmmm... All this ruminating about Ferrari brings this to mind:

Guy: Ever drive a ferrari?

GoGo: Ferrari...Italian trash!...do you want to screw me?

[guy laughs]

GoGo: don't laugh, I'm being serious, do you want to screw me?

Guy: Yes

[gogo shanks him]

GoGo: How about now big boy? Do you still want to penetrate me? Or is it I who has penetrated you?

:biggrin:

Re: JDM baby...

dave22 said:
She gives me the creeps.

gogo.jpg

She is HOTNESS!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Mike

Back