• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

No A/C after coolant hose replacement

Just had all the coolant hoses replaced on my '93 NSX at an Acura dealer.
Since then, I've got no air conditioning. Could the hose work be the cause,
or is this just coincidental. It's not a problem with the electronic HVAC unit--
Brian K. fixed that for me last year.

Could be, could be not.

When replacing the hoses underneath the car, the AC hoses pass right by, very close to the coolant hoses. They might have accidentally affected them in some way that caused one or more faulty o-ring, causing a small leak.

If the pressure is too low in the AC system, the compressor won't run. Check that first.

Could also be non-related.

Just had all the coolant hoses replaced on my '93 NSX at an Acura dealer.
Since then, I've got no air conditioning. Could the hose work be the cause,
or is this just coincidental. It's not a problem with the electronic HVAC unit--
Brian K. fixed that for me last year.
Depends on what hose they were working on. :D Maybe coincidence or mr-goat has an explanation.

They may have messed up the water valve adjustment when they replaced the hoses to and from it. The heat will easily overwhelm the cooling. The question is does the compressor kick in?

Thanks, Brian. Sorry to be so stupid about this, but where and when do I listen for the compressor? Is it the part that is buried somewhere underneath the dash near the footwells?

Yes, the compressor does come on. Some condensate (?) drips out under the car and the air that blows is slightly cool.

Back