• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

No car yesterday to NSX today !

So I bought the thing in the end, 1 of 3 in the country I have been told, here are some of pics of my new NSX.
Lots of ideas going forward but the main list of items for now is:
Tires big time - really bad :eek: Going to try go 205/45/R16 & 255/40/R17
60k service + timing belt & water pump
Interior noises - plan on striping out everything till silent then slowly put it all back.
Rechrome two of the wheels.
Fix the power window pax side. not urgent :eek:
Ipod adaptor
Front lip, not sure the speed bumps and some of the roads around here would just eat the thing.

Would love to change to O2 setup with HID lights but that will many years more of savings.

Any idea recommendations please fire ahead.

Final question, when i go down a slope and the power train feeds some power back to the engine I get a knocking noise, I guess one of the engine mounts is a bit loss any suggestion where to look before I go ""playing" ?

Dave

Attachments

• DSC_2129.JPG
    DSC_2129.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 216
  • DSC_2126-2.JPG
    DSC_2126-2.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 190

The knocking noise is most likely normal do to gear lash in the trans or diff. You will also notice it when driving slow in 1st gear and press and let off gas lightly like in a parking lot.

Interior noise? In 3 nsxs I have never had any. Check 1st any aftermarket speaker intall, check header rubbing.

Use 215/40/17 Eagle F1 gsd3s on 17x8 and 265/35/18 on 18x10. Only very small rubbing on hard turns not bad at all, no rubbing without lowered

Lower with stock springs and bilstiens on lower perch. Love it. Use HID in stock light

Nice car. Congrats.
Just my opinion, but those rims have to go. The style doesn't work with our cars, and chrome anything doesn't belong on an exotic. It cheapens the vehicle, IMHO. Why draw attention AWAY from something that is beautiful on it's own? Again, just my opinion. More importantly, welcome to the club!:smile:

Oh wow!

From another owner of a Red NA1 with MOMO ARROWS (not right now... they need tires too haha) (and mine was even missing the towhook cover when I bought it haha) that is lookin good!

Just my opinion, but those rims have to go. The style doesn't work with our cars, and chrome anything doesn't belong on an exotic. It cheapens the vehicle, IMHO. Why draw attention AWAY from something that is beautiful on it's own? Again, just my opinion. More importantly, welcome to the club!:smile:

bah, who cares what you think! :tongue:

The knocking noise is most likely normal do to gear lash in the trans or diff. You will also notice it when driving slow in 1st gear and press and let off gas lightly like in a parking lot.

Interior noise? In 3 nsxs I have never had any. Check 1st any aftermarket speaker intall, check header rubbing.

Use 215/40/17 Eagle F1 gsd3s on 17x8 and 265/35/18 on 18x10. Only very small rubbing on hard turns not bad at all, no rubbing without lowered

Lower with stock springs and bilstiens on lower perch. Love it. Use HID in stock light

Thanks for the info - re first point is this "knocking" normal then ?
2nd speakers all stock... it is a door rattle, glove box etc...
I wish i could lower it but with the road/bumps not a chance.
HID long way down the list for now !
Thx
Dave

I don't know if it's "normal". But mine does it too. I was thinking it needed new CV. Ditch the wheels, they're hidious.

Tow hook cover = $30.
Front air dam that you are missing = $100.

The car looks great, welcome to the family my man! :wink:

Oh wow!

From another owner of a Red NA1 with MOMO ARROWS (not right now... they need tires too haha) (and mine was even missing the towhook cover when I bought it haha) that is lookin good!

bah, who cares what you think! :tongue:

when i first saw the post I was like well I guess Rob sold his car:frown:

good luck with the new nsx my friend

Hi, I've had mine almost a year and can still appreciate how you are feeling right now. Congratulations and welcome.

IMO, I would not re-chrome the rims but would have them stripped and painted in silver or the current modern look of gunmetal. I like the style, just not in chrome. Tyres - I'm running on the Goodyear F1 GSD3's and have nothing but praise for them.

Regards

Back