• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

No Front License Tag: Consequences??

I have done a search and read comments about this. Some have said they had no problems, never stopped. Others state that they have been warned a couple times. One person said that he was ticketed for $150 the third time he was stopped. I'm talking about states where it is required of course. Specifically I am interested in Virginia. Any experiences?

Define problems. If you get pulled over once is that a problem? I've had my plate off since I bought the car a month ago, but have not been pulled over yet, so I guess I'm not having any "problems." But all it takes is one cop to decide that it is worth his time to pull me over.

Bill... as you may know i don't run the front plate on the nsx. When stopped i just say I couldn't find a way to mount it. (unless they actually get on the ground and look... something a cop wouldn't do..)

I wouldn't worry too much about it.. it's a risk yes.. but hot darn that thing is ugly in the front. :p

x

VBNSX said:
Bill... as you may know i don't run the front plate on the nsx.
x
Xavier - I had forgotten that. How many times have you been stopped by the way - for the tag, I mean? :wink:

I've been pulled over, but never a mention of front plate or tinted windows, knock on wood... as long as you're honest and polite, they'll usually only give you a verbal warning. If they've simply had a miserable day and have it out for everyone, then all best are off of course... but, it'll be a fix-it ticket, no biggy... just "fix it", get is signed off by officer or court, and you're golden.

By law if your state requires it they can give you a ticket of coarse. But if you do not encounter law enforcement alot then I guess its not a problem to pay a fine once in a while for not having the eye sore. I had mine off for a week and got a ticket. Did I want to roll the dice again to see how long it would be before I got another.....NO. If you plan to drive without the front plate at least have it handy with you in the car and on the bracket so you can at least tell the officer that it fell off and you will re mount it asap.

Acura NsX Pilot said:
......at least have it handy with you in the car and on the bracket so you can at least tell the officer that it fell off and you will re mount it asap.
Very good idea. Thanks.

I had a honda del sol with a different front bumper, I didnt have holes for the front License plate.

I got pulled over by a local cop, and I told him it fell off,showed him the plate. He just gave me a warning and drove away. Small town cops have nothing better to do but pull people over :(

If you are moving to Northern VA area, I would not chance it. Cops around here are anal. If you live in the boonies of VA like VBNSX, then maybe it's ok :p

I think it was $72.00 for no front license plate, but it is a non-moving violation no points.

For the last 3 NSX I had, none had a license plate, only 1 ticket and 1 warning.

I will keep chancing it; beside it will block my radar detector and laser defuser.

It is worth it to drive without it. I have been pulled over for speeding and the officer did not want write a speeding ticket, instead he wrote a ticket for no license plate. I will take that over a speeding ticket anyday.

I've had mine off for about 6 months now. No problems, and I drive I-95 everyday. It's like Xavier said: "Sorry officer, but the last time put it back after I took if off to wash the car, I accidentally remove the thread of the bumper that holds the plate screws."

Back