• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

North Chicago NSXers

sid

Contributing Member
Is ther anybody in the North Chicago area that could take a look at a NSX that I am in the process of trying to buy, or that might know the car. The NSX is at The Last Detail. It is a black 97. Buying a car from a distance is a little daunting, and I just want to make sure there are not a cosmetic issues.

Thanks

That's the one! I have given them a deposit and am very serious. I would be forever indebted to you if you could take a look and give me your honest opinion.

Regards,

Sid

sid said:
That's the one! I have given them a deposit and am very serious. I would be forever indebted to you if you could take a look and give me your honest opinion.

Regards,

Sid

who's your salesman? and what do you want me to look for specifically? :cool:

shoot me a PM or something...

djskyy said:
who's your salesman?
I think they have only one salesman, other than Tom, the owner.

(If that sounds odd to those not familiar with the Last Detail, keep in mind that they offer many different services - body repair and restoration, detailing, storage, etc - and used car sales is only a portion of their business.)

I used to be the Sales manager, But left last year. I will call and get the honest poop on the car for you, Hopefully tomorrow!!

Steve

SJJ28 said:
I used to be the Sales manager, But left last year. I will call and get the honest poop on the car for you, Hopefully tomorrow!!

Steve

Steve, early retirement....

SJJ28 said:
steve, building race cars!.........

Spill the beans Steavo....where and what type of cars.

brahtw8 said:
I second that.

I third that (if that is possible).....The Last Detail is an ultra high end operation, and sells only the best cars. When you see their shop you will be convinced. :smile:

SJJ28 said:

Steve

Do you still have your garage queen NSX or the E30??

The NSX is long gone, I still have the e30 M3 (42k miles), I have an 1,800 mile, 2000 Dinan supercharged M Coupe, and just sold my 55 550 spyder to buy a nationally competitive T2 e36 m3 race car!! I sold my E46 M3 for an X5 4.6is daily driver (Dinan S2 as of tomorrow)

The race cars are running in Grand Am Cup GS, and will be running Daytona the first week of next month!!

Steve

Last edited:
I talked to the shop manager, and he said its a very nice car! I'd trust them with whatever they tell you! The really only sell stand up cars!!

Good luck!

Steve

Sid - good luck on your purchase, now what about my pictures being returned to me? :confused: It is pretty simple, place pix in envelope, go to post office and presto! How long has it been.....two weeks, or so?

And at the very least, being prompt in replying to PMs would be a nice thing, you know. Let's see, you said you surf PRIME every day, I sent you a PM a few days ago, you do not reply to me, but post this thread and "ignore" me? Naughty boy.

Even though I am hammering on you, good luck with the car......now please mail me back my pictures. That is the very least you can do.

Andy,

I sent your pictures back the end of last week and I emailed you and said that to you earlier. Maybe you should step up and buy a digital camera or at least check your email before you start bashing me.

Sid

Taking It Underground

Troops - Sid is anxious to get another NSX, and I am genuinely happy for him. Really. However, he is a bit delusional of getting his timing facts 100% straight, so I have taken this off-line with him. But he could've been more expedient with his replies back to me in possibly purchasing my car, which even in private he admitted. Oh oh, bet he didn't want that out in public. (Don't you dare try to trump my jack with your queen because I have king and ace waiting). Anybody that desires to go toe-to-toe with me in a debate of he-said-she-said, you better have your milestone events correct. Dang it Saint, why do you have to be such a Diablo? Do onto others..... In closing, Sid, honestly, best wishes with the NSX.

Does Best Buy sell digital cameras? :tongue:

Re: Taking It Underground

wow andy,

Thanks for ruining yet another thread with your selfish needs!! you ARE the master!!

Steve (members like this ruin the whole community, and make me glad I'm getting out!)

Careful Steve.....

.....you don't know all the details, so please do not admonish me.

Back