• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX 2.0 pictures from the NAIAS

NSX20white.jpg

Here I tried to make it white as possible.

NSX20whitefront.jpg

Here is my version kinda... I wish they made the front less pointy (Less Mazda) and more square.

Fantastic Type-SR! Here's a request and challenge for you. Do the wheels in white too, but ALL white and don't keep them two-tone (black).

FWIW: I was told yesterday that it will be built in a building "next to" the Marysville plant. That's just down the road. I am hoping to get a tour.

It would be cool if you could pick up the at the factory the same way you can pick up a Vette at Bowling Green and drive it home.

I would do that for sure!

Love the facelift you did ! Like the changes. Gives us hope Honda will tweak the final product. The car is really starting to look better. Compared the new NSX to the new Porsche 918 Spyder and the Porsche already looks 10 years old!

I guess I kinda like it, but...I'm so glad I pulled the trigger & got the one I did on Saturday.

It's a start, but when I heard that, to save money, it would be built on a "highly modified" Accord chassis, AND now to be built in Ohio...I'm out.

Back when the real NSX was still being made and we had the S2000, I understood that many Hondas & Acuras were built (assembled) in the US...but they only trusted Japanese workers (with a perceived higher work ethic and better personal accountability standards) to build the best of their line-up...the NSX & the S2000.

THAT says something to me...

NSX20lambo.jpg

Ok here is my last edit, I gave it the Lamborghini Aventador front end and white wheels.

Now we finally got a taste of what's in the store for us. However and unfortunately, the waiting game just started. 3 years to production is way too long. For heaven sake we could fall into another recession by then. Are they kidding themselves with this kind of time line? If you think about it for a second, this sounds more like a practical joke. People may have the patience to wait for 1 year, but 3 years is just too long. The more I think about it the more I have doubts about the new NSX ...

Last edited:
Now we finally got a taste of what's in the store for us. However and unfortunately, the waiting game just started. 3 years to production is way too long. For heaven sake we could fall into another recession by then. Are they kidding themselves with this kind of time line? If you think about it for a second, this sounds more like a practical joke. People may have the patience to wait for 1 year, but 3 years is just too long. The more I think about it the more I have doubts about the new NSX ...

Here is a stake. They are taking their time to produce the best and reliable product, rather throw in a piece of junk to sell to the public in a year without testing it and later it will bite them back badly. I don't mind to wait for 3 years as long they will need to update the latest technology to compete with other car makers.

Just studied some high res photos and I believe the concept's tire sizes are:

255/35/19 Front - 26 in diameter

275/30/20 Rear - 26.5 in diameter

So the front tires have a higher sidewall, weird... It would be balanced with if the front were only 235/35/19 or the rears were 295/30/20. My guess for rim size would be 19x9 and 20x10 or 10.5.

Also with the tire sizes known, I was able to estimate the car's height. I did this by using the studio side shot. The front rim diameter would be 21 inches and tire again is 26 inches. Stack the tire and measure the difference from the roofline. My estimates came to about 47.5 inches tall give or take.

47.5 inches tall is respectable and I suppose it looks a lot taller also because it may not be as long like the original NSX. If you watch the GT5 video of the NSX debut, the rear trunk room comes into question when they show the engine/tranny ghost.

The sad reality is the fact that this is probably 90% a rebodied NSX chassis...and all the talk is just talk like it ALWAYS has been.

The reason I say this is because I was at the Chicago Auto Show back in like 2006/07 and saw some cool Mitsubishi Evo concept that was supposed to be AWD etc etc...well under neath...no AWD. Seriously.

So maybe someone can be a talented photographer with a long lens and get us some real pics?

attachment.php

Not bad...they should have kept it like this.....

Gotta be honest at first it did not impress me. Really starting to grow on me now. Lets see what the final product will look like.
+1

I was sceptical, but the drama at the presentation really got to me. :biggrin:
As much as i was struggling with some of the details - after a good night sleep it has won me over - completely. Im sold. I want one. NOW! :cool:

The only thing i wish for is an integrated rear wing a la NSX on the production version.

Here is a stake. They are taking their time to produce the best and reliable product, rather throw in a piece of junk to sell to the public in a year without testing it and later it will bite them back badly. I don't mind to wait for 3 years as long they will need to update the latest technology to compete with other car makers.

I hate to say 3 yrs is a joke everyone would have forgotten all about it by then what will Honda do to keep whoever is still out there interested in thier third attemp in 9 yrs.

Sorry Honda has lost the plot period.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure this new nsx will look amazing in person... Imagine a gpw type-r version:eek:

Ok Photoshop masters, let's see the following:

Championship White w/ Black Top
Formula Red w/ Black Top
Imola

my attempt at photoshopping a Type R :)

NSX-R_Concept.jpg

Last edited:
I hate to say 3 yrs is a joke evenone would have forgotten all about it by then what will Honda do to keep whoever is still out there interested in thier third attemp in 9 yrs.

Sorry Honda has lost the plot period.

I believe they said worldwide release within 3 yrs, could still be released sooner, specially if it's being built in Ohio, at least in the US.

I took my time to try and let it all sink in after watching the press conference before commenting - didn't want to make any spur of the moment comments.

Overall I am underwhelmed. 'New Sportscar Experimental', that's what NSX stood for back in the day. And it was - design wise, the materials they used, the tuning and set up, the works.

The first thing that struck me with the design of the car was that it was the generic supercar look that we are seeing all over the place. MP4-12C, New Esprit Concept and so on. I was at a car meet and an MP4 drove up and everyone turned and went towards it - that lasted not more than 5 minutes, everyone got bored and went on to check out some muscle cars, my NSX and others.

It just isn't a look you covet. Yes it will probably be functional, be quite dynamic as well and filled with tech goodies that will be mind blowing when they go to production, but I wouldn't want to put a poster of that up in my bed room (ok I wouldn't do that because I'm older now and married but you understand what I'm getting at).

And then, as JetPilot and a couple of others have already mentioned, three years is a long time and who knows what might happen over that time - so many things could change...

I still would rather have a V8 R8 which I believe is still more of a spiritual successor to our NSX than what we saw last night (sorry different time zones!)

I know it's silly to expect something quite radical but it's how I feel about this new car. I believe it may have been more 'acceptable' if it was not dubbed the NSX.

I agree with Arfiman that this new NSX is a let down.

The styling is nice and Honda nailed the rear end, looks all too common with other halo cars that have beat it to market (R8, MP4-12C, 458) and its still 3 years out???

What other manufacturer has premiered not one, but two "Halo" cars in the past 8 years that haven't been destined or even ready for production? Oh yeah....

HONDA

If you are genuinely serious about making a halo car then do it! As I mentioned in Meeyatch's Detriot Auto Show thread Honda is simply the hot chick that loves attention but won't put out. Its the best way I can describe what was once an attractive car manufacturer who's sold out in the name of sales and makes boring/bland vehicles. Notice how they introduce the other models of Acura that will be coming out and leave the NSX for last? Its almost like they are saying "We could make the NSX, see its all shiny, low profile and everything...but look at this nice RDX!"

By the time the new NSX is ready for market god knows how powerful and amazing the new 991 911's will be, the GTR will continue to rape supercars, and Mc Laren will have the MP4-12C convertible. Heck Ferrari already has the 458 spider in production.

Honda get real.:rolleyes:

Sorry...I have to dump you for another marque.

Last edited:
Yeah well said JetPilot - it IS a shame that we have to look elsewhere for our automotive fulfillment especially for owners like ourselves.

I've owned an EP3 Type-R, currently own both the S2000 and NSX and that's where it seems the dream will end... such a shame...

Back