• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX 2.0 pictures from the NAIAS

I'm on board.

As much as I love my pop-up headlights and the best manual transmission I've ever had the privilege of banging through the gears on, time marches on.

Heck, I was half expecting they'd just make a front-engine street version of the HSV GT so I'm somewhat happy it's at least a mid-engine offering. :smile:

I like it. Sometimes cars looks bad in pictures but looks better in real life. I can already see from the "real life" pictures posted that it's really well designed. Im exited :)

I agree. I think in real life this will look better than in photos. The R8 does so this probably will too.

Guys at least it's mid-engine. Don't get all greedy. This thing is pretty good. They can ruin it a little with production but then you can fix it again with the aftermarket. I can see this thing looking really hot once some good aftermarket stuff comes into play. Imagine a nice flat black wrap with some nice wheels... Hellaflush... BOOYAH!!!! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Chevrolet Tru 140S concept

Chevrolet_Tru_140S_01.jpg

Chevrolet_Tru_140S_02.jpg

If some of you are unsatisfied with what these conglomerate companies are offering in terms of looks and price... get a group of enthusiast together and a team of builders to create something epic yourselves.
Persoanly I would like to see a car with an HSV front and HSC body... now that would be a timeless classic design.
I won't hold my breath for the Tru 140S. I still have bad taste in my mouth for the Pontiac G6 Coupe. Everyone had high hopes for that car from the concepts.

I trust that the new NSX looks better in person. I felt bleh about the FR-S/BRZ on print but after I saw it in person it really felt like a totally different car.

Can I get a 2015 Comptech Supercharger for this? hehehe

I really hope Honda stuns the world by building a light hybrid system. <2800lbs, 400hp+ please!!!

Last edited:
I asked if it was going to be trackable and he said emphatically yes! The batteries will not detract.

This was perhaps the best info we got today. And indeed, good news. I smell a U.S. Type R.

I like this beak and see it as functional in that it is probably part of the 8 kph bumper system. Saves the paint on the front hood when I park by feel.

The worst news was 2-3 years...

What the hell have they been doing since 2005?

I am glad they decided to wake up a little but other than the NSX, this new introduction was on the lame side. We don't care what the "market" suggests... Apple didn't ask "the market" what they wanted in a cell phone. The market would have designed a different version of the same Motorola/Nokia crap we had for decades. Apple innovated and that's how it should be done.

Today we had Ito standing there with some chart and smiling people photos telling us their "research suggests". Who gives a shit about their lame research? Bunch of nobody's sitting in a room being paid $100 to get polled...

Where was the Engine news? the Hybrid performance explanations? The RL? We got this ho-hum looking thing called an ILX, a V6 for that RDX thing and that was drummed up as this major news announcement. If you took the NSX out... this would be a total yawn... If I was a Korean exec watching this today, I'd be laughing.

Last edited:
2015 delivery date and built in the USA (no offence) way too little way too late this thing will be out of date by then.

Do you think the rest of the market will stand still over the next 3 yrs they will continue to rocket past Honda again this car will be underpowered and out of date compared to the rest of the world.

2015 will be 10yrs since the last NSX was sold (again an out of date and underpowered car compared to the rest of the market) man that’s allot of ground they need to make up Honda pissed around for the last 9yrs with the replacement of then current NSX - who is left in the market to sell this concept too?

There’s a few NSX die hards out there that will buy this concept but Honda needs new blood to make this exercise worthwhile. I can tell you the word in the sports/exotic car community is Honda missed the boat in the mid to late 1990's with the non development of the NSX and doesn’t rate compared to the likes of the well established marks of Porsche, Ferrari, Audi and the like.

I'm not tiring to be pessimistic just realistic.

Video from Grand Turismo 5?
Starts with NSX 1.0 then NSX 2.0

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UzaynkoC04k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here

Finally. Sorry but my pics of the carbon ceramic rotors didn't turn out but hopefully Mitch got those.

I went over to the LFA after seeing NSX 2.0 and told the LFA we were done:biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_0535.jpg
    IMG_0535.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0536.jpg
    IMG_0536.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0537.jpg
    IMG_0537.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0538.jpg
    IMG_0538.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0539.jpg
    IMG_0539.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0540.jpg
    IMG_0540.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0541.jpg
    IMG_0541.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_0542.jpg
    IMG_0542.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0545.jpg
    IMG_0545.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 866
Video from Grand Turismo 5?
Starts with NSX 1.0 then NSX 2.0

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UzaynkoC04k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here

Awesome I was just trying to figure out how to load that from the press kit.

I wonder if it will sound that good in real life.

SIDEBAR: With the new NSX at least 3yrs in the making this leaves little room in the Honda lineup for a cheap, no frills, sportscar like the S2000. I'm in the market for a FR-S/BRZ and wish I had a Honda equivalent to choose from. :frown:

Do you think Honda will have an offering for the low-buck sportscar segment?

SIDEBAR: With the new NSX at least 3yrs in the making this leaves little room in the Honda lineup for a cheap, no frills, sportscar like the S2000. I'm in the market for a FR-S/BRZ and wish I had a Honda equivalent to choose from. :frown:

Do you think Honda will have an offering for the low-buck sportscar segment?

The CR-Z :tongue:

From the video i found the following info about the NSX Concept:

Vtec V6 Direct Injection Engine
Dual Clutch Trans with a built-in Electric Motor
2 x Electric Motor Drive unit employing Bilateral Torque Adjustable Control System
SH-AWD
KERS

Last edited:
1. 3 years is wayyyy to long. A used 458 is now my goal in a year or two.

2. I am curious as what our Japanese nsx owners feel about This concept.

Z

Will they make a RHD version??

I just hope the wheels glow like they do in the video.. :biggrin:

See post below
From the vidoe i found the following info about the NSX Concept:

Vtec V6 Direct Injection Engine
Dual Clutch Trans with a built-in Electric Motor
2 x Electric Motor Drive unit employing Bilateral Torque Adjustable Control System
SH-AWD
KERS

It's so funny that they'll show this in the vid but when I asked if the car had the new Honda Earth tech they say they can't answer:confused:

Oh well at least it's on the way:biggrin: Damn I just thought about it I'll be able to go watch mine be built. That way anyway problems you know exactly who's a$$ to kick:biggrin: j/k

Will they make a RHD version??

A reporter asked this and got a really stupid answer. No offense but the higher ups are the worse. All they did was repeat his question and say if the market demands it. When asked if it would be a Honda in the rest of the world the CEO looked like the guy just grabbed his scrotum and repeated his answer back to him. The reporter looked at him like 'What the what"??

I'm checking it out on Wednesday!! Can't wait. Finally arriving soon. I can't believe i've been waiting since they discontinued these.

<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ycDFWBQqT6M?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ycDFWBQqT6M?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Couldn't be more happy!!!

Just 450+HP and 3K lb's and OMG!!! :D

Back