• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX 20th Anniversary Event in Japan

Anyone else keenly interested in this event? Apparently the event is focused on the 20th anniversary of our beloved sportscar to take place sometime in 2010.

There's a forum dedicated to it on Prime but w/o any further information or posts. Inquiring minds...:wink:

Info is coming shortly as in later today or in the next few weeks, months, etc...?

wow, can't wait to hear more about this! So, between Japan and Vegas, 2010's gonna be an expensive year :biggrin: haha

wow, can't wait to hear more about this! So, between Japan and Vegas, 2010's gonna be an expensive year :biggrin: haha

Unless you win alot of money in Vegas!

Further information will be coming shortly. Stay tuned for that forum to become active. :smile:

Looking forward to hearing more. I now have a reason to turn in all of my umpteen million airline miles and start learning some basic Japanese.

Looking forward to hearing more. I now have a reason to turn in all of my umpteen million airline miles and start learning some basic Japanese.

You can buy buddy passes with those too right? :wink:

At NSXPO, Hirofumi (NSX Club of Japan) said that they are going to meet with Honda representitives in February to make plans for November 2010 event. He will post to the new forum when information becomes available.

I'm interested too! A chance to ask them what they're going to do for all us NSX owners! Admonish them for pulling the plug on the NSX and why the heck is it not mid engined anymore - I got a million questions. Of course I will bow politely...:biggrin:

I wonder what the cost of shipping an NSX back to the Motherland for this event would be -I'm imagining tracking Suzuka with my 3.6L.

Meh, it'd be overly costly and too much trouble. But, oh the thought.

I think that I can answer many of your questions.

I am a Honda car dealer, Acura Dealer, and former Honda Motorcycle & Powersport Dealer. I am a long time NSX fan and owner. I have one of the first cars in the US purchased 11/90.

What are they going to do for us NSX owners?
No more than they do for any other Honda vehicle owner after the warranty is over.

The NSX is gone because it did not sell well.
Other than the first year, the car was not a big seller.
Towards the end they barely sold 300 nationwide.
To put that in perspective, Honda sells over 33,000 accords last month!

Acura offered large rebates to try to move them out.
Most dealers would not even order one because they often sat in inventory for months, tying up cash.

At the time of the creation of the NSX design, Honda was dominating in F1 racing, yet was known around the world as a motorcycle company that also makes small cars.

The NSX was an image car. To show the world that Honda could produce a supercar that would compete with any on the market.

It is said that Honda actually lost money on every one sold. The car cost more to design and produce than the price point would bear.

Today, Honda's image is that of a "Green" eco-friendly motor company. From outboard motors, lawn equipment, hybrid and natural gas powered cars, they are cleanest burning in their markets.

A new high performance mid engine fire breathing sports car absolutely does not fit the image of today's Honda Motor Company.

So long NSX...Rest in Peace!

I wonder what the cost of shipping an NSX back to the Motherland for this event would be -I'm imagining tracking Suzuka with my 3.6L.

Meh, it'd be overly costly and too much trouble. But, oh the thought.
Just for laughs, I'd like to see that cost as well. I'm sure it's knee buckling.

Hey Scott,

Wow, you just bursted the biggest bubble -- how totally sad! But I know you're right. So why did they even bother with the latest experiment at the ring that was a secret for years and tested and tested. Spy photos and the whole bit and then I heard it was a front engine rear wheel drive - well at least it was rear wheel drive. Do you think they will ever resurect the car when Honda gets healthier. I understand they stopped the NSX program cause they had financial issues.

Anyway, do you remember the program they had years ago where they would take your car back into the factory and refurbish it? Do you know if that program has long been gone? Is it still possible or is that a total pipe dream?

Thanks for writing....

Sweet

I was planning a trip to Japan next year. I guess I will have to push it back to November.

Nice find, Gregg.;)

David, so far I've been quoted $1855 for shipping the car there. Shipping would be to Nagoya which is about 50 miles from Suzuka. I'll post up the return rate as soon as I can. That said, I wonder if Honda would help us make arrangements to ship our cars out there?

Last edited:
nice find, gregg.;)

david, so far i've been quoted $1855 for shipping the car there. Shiping would be to nagoya which is about 50 miles from suzuka. I'll post up the return rate as soon as i can. That said, i wonder if honda would help us make arrangements to ship our cars out there?

+1 omg

Back