• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX and Evo

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Anniversary

2.0L turbocharged, 405HP, 0-60:3.5sec

"Yes, it's faster 0-60 than a BMW M3, and even a Porsche Carrera GT or Pagani Zonda. "

http://www.channel4.com/4car/news/news-story.jsp?news_id=11271

04-400-f3q-a-above.jpg

I would have to agree that the Evo has been a blast. Definitely one of the baddest drivers cars I've ever owned also. It's no surprise that NSX owners have them because they are true pure enthusiasts and not posers. For NSX money we could all have Porsches or M3's which have better brand recognition... But we go for the F1 experience. The EVO isn't a strong poser but the substance level and bang for buck is off the charts.

I need to move a car as I'm well over $100 in cars and have been for a couple of years. There must be other things I can do with that kind of money. So I'll probably sell the Evo and get some other classic or cheap beater like an old 70's 240 or 280z, 928 or something.

As for as the warranty goes, i've never had a problem yet but ive also never did as much stuff to the others as I have with this one :wink: Lets cross our fingers :smile:

I would happily grab that ANNIVERSARY EVO but I think its a little out of my league. :frown: We specialize in sport compact cars and they are generally under $30k. Every once in a while i'll play around with an NSX but its rare; maybe 2 or 3 a year and unfortunatly Im not allowed to demo them. (thats why I bought my own). :smile:

By the way NSXchink: that TURBO II is lovely :smile:

Last edited:
adios evo! :smile:

they are so fast and very inexpensive. Ill miss this EVO dearly... :frown:

DNYHOF,

isnt that the only way to buy an EVO? My last was an 04 I bought with 2k miles on it. Window sticker in glove read $32k and change, I paid $25k. I think Ive located my next EVO already....

The Evo is the only car i've seen a huge number of owners sell very soon after purchasing them. I don't think alot of people knew what they were getting into. Kinda stinks b/c I like to have a little resale value... :confused:

S2000's seem to be re-sold quite often as well...

s2000's may be resold, but their resale doesn't appear to be affected at all, I've yet to see a new or used s2000 for under $25,000 locally.

Who hasnt seen an S2000 sell for under $25k??? :confused: I just sold a 2004 S2000, silverstone/ebony, 13k miles for $27,499! You mean to tell me you cant find MY 2000's around for in the high teens? Check on Ebay, nice S2k's can be had for $17,500 and up...

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
Who hasnt seen an S2000 sell for under $25k??? :confused: I just sold a 2004 S2000, silverstone/ebony, 13k miles for $27,499! You mean to tell me you cant find MY 2000's around for in the high teens? Check on Ebay, nice S2k's can be had for $17,500 and up...

True, but Evo values fall like they have a boulder tied to them!! Take a 3 month old Evo in for trade and get ready to lose about $10,000-$14,000...AT LEAST!! :frown:

Meeyatch1 said:
True, but Evo values fall like they have a boulder tied to them!! Take a 3 month old Evo in for trade and get ready to lose about $10,000-$14,000...AT LEAST!! :frown:

Well, that car would be a STEAL for $20K... hell I would buy one as a beater! Where are you seeing them losing $10-14K??

NetViper said:
Well, that car would be a STEAL for $20K... hell I would buy one as a beater! Where are you seeing them losing $10-14K??

When I traded mine in for another NSX. :)

I also have a couple of friends with newer Evo's that went in for trade and were offered $18,000 for their essentially new Evo's. :(

Tell whoever's being offered 18k for newer EVO's that I'll pay $20.5k -$23k if neccessary...

Well I can say honestly that S2000's hold their value VERY well! Granted the car isn't that expensive new but it is quite rare compared to some of the other cars...even in the bay area :)

I am in the market for another car and was just at Stevens Creek Mitsu talking to the guy about a "RS" version of the EVO. He looked very willing to deal and even offered mt a chance to drive one but I passed since I was not ready to buy just yet (don't like to waste their time)

Regardless, the NSX and S2000 definitely has more rarity compared to the EVO but NO ONE including myself will argue the EVO's price and performance point. It's simply awesome! I think every car has it's own strong point and weakness hence we all buy different cars. I love my M3 but have been wanting an NSX too...hehe

(my g/f says I have TOOO many wants...haha)

rick

The EVO is much more rare than an S2000 and a much faster car too. Sometimes in the summer Ill drive an S2k as a demo and I always see tons of them all over the place. Great car but too slow for me! Never drove a 2004 yet with the bigger motor yet. The s2000's are terrible sellers for honda dealers. Most dealers will sell them for invoice minus dealer holdback and have plenty of 2004 left overs available as well.

Greetings from the high desert of southern New Mexico.
I guess I'm a yellow car nut. I've had a Yellow '91 MR2 Turbo,
a CYM '93 Rx7 R1, and now a Spa Yellow '98 Targa 6 spd.
Had a '91 Black/Black NSX a few years ago.

There aren't many of us around.
According to some NSX guys in NM, I have the only Spa Yellow
NSX in NM. Not sure if this is true.

By the way, how do you get your digital pics onto these pages?
I'd like to post a few.

Larry T

For the record, yes the Evo is much more rare than an S2000. Just look up the production numbers. There's no comparison. I had an 03' S2000 which is shown at www.cardomain.com/id/amacc. the Evo is hands down a better drivers car. However, it takes much more to get the tail out if you're in to that sort of fun but it'll outlap an S2k any day.

In terms of value, I just sold my 03 Evo with 7k outright to Carmax for $24,400. I have no idea what you guys are talking about poor resale. You must be comparing buying a brand new 03' and the year is now 05. That's 2 years of depreciation. In any case, I got good money and from a dealer no less. My worst dealer bid was like $21k. Which means they currently retail for $25k which isn't loosing anywhere near $10k much less $14k. Add in getting the car for under sticker if you bought an 03 or 04 at the end of the year and you paid $28K and can get $22k-$24k and you have a $5K loss which is a fairly normal 20% give or take.

Back