• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Clutch Survey

Which clutch would you choose

• Exedy HH04SD1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SPEC cltuch kit stage 2

• OS Giken single disc clutch kit

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you have bolt ons the oem clutch is fine, if you have a ctsc the spec clutch works well for that. I have one of each for sale btw. Oh and I'm not saying that because I want to sell my stuff, it's because I have used them both on both conditions.

I have SOS 350 with damper delete & grabs quick with very little lag. Have to use a little more leg muscles but not too bad. Chatters here & there slightly but not enough to annoy. So far 4k miles on it but you can't go wrong with OEM duals.

I've been on Science of Speed 350 for over a year (daily driven).
Lamini's Build

Last edited:
I'm putting a clutchmasters FX200 in my Subaru this week. I'll let everyone know how it is even though the cars aren't similar. I just want to let everyone know. Try and stop me. You can't.

For you OEM guys does anyone run a lightened flywheel? I haven't heard of any other options besides JUN flywheel. But according to the Poll shows that SOS 275 is winning the votes. Still open to suggestions.

A clutch is not a cheap proposition. I would highly recommend testing a few out in real life before spending the time, money, and effort in a replacement.

YES. 1/3 of the people I know with aftermarket clutches have buyers remorse. This is time definitely well spent. Even more so for the OP as his location (SoCal) should make this easier to accomplish (plenty of differently-equipped NSXs around to try out).

BTW, OP should consider adding the SOS 350 to the list as well.

Just an update guys i went with the SOS 275, going from a Comptech to SOS is a huge pedal difference.

- - - Updated - - -

also i did it myself in my garage with jack stands man this sucks working on the ground.

Im torn between these clutches as well.

You can get Exedy Hyper single for $1050 on Amazon with flywheel...Cheapest price and you get the benefit of lightweight flywheel
You can also get OEM clutch kit online around $1200 including the flywheel but without the throwout bearing. This probably last the longer but also the heaviest.
Then you can get Comptech power grip which is around $1900 with the flywheel and pretty good reliability...
Lastly, you can get SOS sports 275 for $1500 including the flywheel and oem bearing...not the cheapest but gets pretty good views on this site. Unfortunately, SOS clutches are out of stock for at least 3 weeks...

Last edited:
I have the SOS 350 and i reckon it would be worth the wait it's that good

A previous owner replaced the clutch many miles ago with OEM. And I have a spare OEM in the attic for that someday when the current one finally gives up the ghost.

Just a side note. If you go OEM, make damn sure the installer knows the proper installation process. That is a HUGE deal.

Back