• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX craze 2011 Austin texas

What: NSX Craze 2011 Fall Event
Date: October 7-9, 2011
Where: Austin, TX

Fri
Oct 7, 2011 7-????
Happy hour meet and greet
BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse
10515 Mopac Expressway, Austin TX. 78759

http://www.bjsrestaurants.com/locations/tx/arbor-walk

Sat: 8am.
Have not determined a meet place yet.
Oct 8, 2011

http://www.iguanagrillaustin.com
group drive/cruise, dinner, enjoy the Austin Texas nightlife.

SunWhen: Oct 9, 2011 8am
Breakfast, track time at Harris Hill- http://harrishillroad.com/
Looks like we have a per car rate of $250. We'd be sharing the track with members on that day. Please continue to update if you are in for the track day, the rate may get better.

OR

http://www.ontrackxperience.com/index.html

they have an oval and we can run the cars. the karts are probably cheaper.

Im trying the best i can to coordinate things from a drillship in the GOM. I'll be home wed, Oct 5 to try and FINALIZE everything.

So far,
1. Not a lot of people seem to want to track, i left this to some of the track/Austin vets to finalize but haven't heard yet.

2. DO YOU have accommodations? I have 3, maybe 4 at my house so far(as of Mon Oct 3rd) and probably have room for one more on a couch or air mattress in the spare bedroom. Anyone staying at a hotel but wanting to leave their car at my house is MORE than welcome.

3. Fri meet times will depend on when the Houston caravan plans to get in. Sat and sun meet times will be around 8am. Quick breakfast both days then proceed with plan for the day.

Looking forward to seeing everybody!!!:biggrin:

Last edited:
What: NSX Craze 2011 Fall Event
Date: October 7-9, 2011
Where: Austin, TX

Fri
Oct 7, 2011 7-????
Happy hour meet and greet
BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse
10515 Mopac Expressway, Austin TX. 78759

http://www.bjsrestaurants.com/locations/tx/arbor-walk

Sat: 8am. Have not determined a meet place yet.
Oct 8, 2011

http://www.iguanagrillaustin.com
group drive/cruise, dinner, enjoy the Austin Texas nightlife.

Sun
When: Oct 9, 2011 8am
Breakfast, track time at Harris Hill- http://harrishillroad.com/
Looks like we have a per car rate of $250. We'd be sharing the track with members on that day. Please continue to update if you are in for the track day, the rate may get better.

OR

http://www.ontrackxperience.com/index.html

they have an oval and we can run the cars. the karts are probably cheaper.

Im trying the best i can to coordinate things from a drillship in the GOM. I'll be home wed, Oct 5 to try and FINALIZE everything.

So far,
1. Not a lot of people seem to want to track, i left this to some of the track/Austin vets to finalize but haven't heard yet.

2. DO YOU have accommodations? I have 3, maybe 4 at my house so far(as of Mon Oct 3rd) and probably have room for one more on a couch or air mattress in the spare bedroom. Anyone staying at a hotel but wanting to leave their car at my house is MORE than welcome.

3. Fri meet times will depend on when the Houston caravan plans to get in. Sat and sun meet times will be around 8am. Quick breakfast both days then proceed with plan for the day.

Looking forward to seeing everybody!!!:biggrin:

Here is the INFO for the kart track,

Cost would be determined by how many races you are looking to do. Single race price is $30 and includes the classroom, all your racing gear and the race itself which is 10-laps. We offer a special on a 3-race package at $60. This would give each person 3-races.

Reservations for groups of this size require a 50% deposit to hold your reservation as you would have sole use of the facility during that time. Cancellations can be made up to 48-hours in advance with a full refund.

OK, I just got off the phone with Iguana Grill to talk to them about reserving parking space for us and they were really too busy to talk with me about it and they really seem indifferent to the fact that they will be getting an additional amount of customers. I can't immagine that in this economy. I am sure we will be at least 30 people and maybe as much as 60 depending on how many of you guys are bringing along some sexy seat covers. :biggrin: I did get out of them when their peak hours are and they are 11 to 3 for lunch and 7 to 10 for dinner. They said the parking lot thins out between 3 and 7 but is never completely empty on Saturdays. What do you guys think about us just planning on getting there sometime in the 3 to 7 window with the most parking availability at around 5? This will require some backwards planning to take into account how long our Hill Country route is, how long we are going to stop for lunch and therefore kind of dictate what time we should depart. I know we are suppose to meet at 8 but we need to figure out what time we should depart for an ETA at the Iguana Grill at the time we all want (and like I said I think 5 will be the best time for parking).

Additionally, there are about 100 parking spots in the parking lot but they also have an overflow grass parking area that should accomodate all of us but this area is usually full on saturday nights all the way out to the main road. Let's bum rush this place with NSX cars!

Last edited:
OK, I just got off the phone with Iguana Grill to talk to them about reserving parking space for us and they were really too busy to talk with me about it and they really seem indifferent to the fact that they will be getting an additional amount of customers. I can't immagine that in this economy. I am sure we will be at least 30 people and maybe as much as 60 depending on how many of you guys are bringing along some sexy seat covers. :biggrin: I did get out of them when their peak hours are and they are 11 to 3 for lunch and 7 to 10 for dinner. They said the parking lot thins out between 3 and 7 but is never completely empty on Saturdays. What do you guys think about us just planning on getting there sometime in the 3 to 7 window with the most parking availability at around 5? This will require some backwards planning to take into account how long our Hill Country route is, how long we are going to stop for lunch and therefore kind of dictate what time we should depart. I know we are suppose to meet at 8 but we need to figure out what time we should depart for an ETA at the Iguana Grill at the time we all want (and like I said I think 5 will be the best time for parking).

Additionally, there are about 100 parking spots in the parking lot but they also have an overflow grass parking area that should accomodate all of us but this area is usually full on saturday nights all the way out to the main road. Let's bum rush this place with NSX cars!

Thanks kenny for your efforts, im working on the karting.

Rumor is there is a strong chance for rain in the San Antonio/Austin area for Saturday. :confused:

I will be seeing you fellow NSXers tomorrow night or Saturday.

Yes, and I know we are meeting at 8:00 am but what time are we rolling out on the hill country drive?

I've been here for 45 min...where the hell is everyone? Call me if there's a change in plans....so far I have the baddest car in the parking lot....j-train just showed up, but he doesn't count lol...

sent from my phone....210-639-2234

For anyone coming tomorrow, we are meeting at BJ's parking lot at 930am. Call if need be. 3142805181 cell.

HTC EVO

Last edited:
Really wish i could be out there with you guys, currently on the Abraham Lincoln of the coast of mexico in the pacific. Ill be back to houston November 2nd thru the 15th. Maybe we can have a small get together when i get back! Take care and send some pics!!

Jeff Baker

[email protected]

So like- yea... 15+ NSX'es at any given time, perhaps 20+ at some point in all!

Some quick snaps from the pfone...

nsxcraze2012001.jpg

nsxcraze2012002.jpg

nsxcraze2012003.jpg

nsxcraze2012009.jpg

nsxcraze2012004.jpg

nsxcraze2012005.jpg

nsxcraze2012006.jpg

nsxcraze2012007.jpg

nsxcraze2012008.jpg

Moar to come'th later tonight & tomorrow! :cool:

It's been awhile since the Red has been out-numbered in color too, :biggrin:

Got some photos already, courtesy of TxTony:

DSC_0400 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

DSC_0404 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

DSC_0407 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

DSC_0413 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

DSC_0424 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

DSC_0428 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

DSC_0442 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

DSC_0446 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

DSC_0461 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

DSC_0475 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

DSC_0483 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

DSC_0487 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

DSC_0494 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

DSC_0515 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

DSC_0518 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

DSC_0521 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

DSC_0533 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

DSC_0544 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

DSC_0566 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

DSC_0581 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

DSC_0592 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

DSC_0594 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

DSC_0612 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

DSC_0614 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

DSC_0624 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

DSC_0630 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

DSC_0634 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

DSC_0636 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

DSC_0655 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

DSC_0666 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

DSC_0667 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

DSC_0669 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

DSC_0673 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

DSC_0681 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

DSC_0683 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

DSC_0684 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

DSC_0686 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

Glad you guys had decent weather. I was out of town but I saw a nice Red pre 02 while leaving austin towards houston and noticed the same NSX heading back to austin earlier today. My guess is he didn't notice the same black civic..

Hamilton Pool road looks like it had a bit of a river crossing there!

Back