• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Has A New Competitor ~ Tesla

This might be the first tesla that I actually want to buy. Looks ok, not great but those are some serious performance #s . I should have gone with my friend to that tesla event but didn't want to make the drive to see a semi truck. In any event, this new roadster is at least 3 years away. So many great cars out, great times to be an auto enthusiast

Amazing double by Tesla last night

I am looking forward to the quotes coming from the entrenched super car manufacturers

and I would need/want to wait ~3 years after the release so someone else can take the initial depreciation on this fast appliance/car

folks the question is will it ride like the new nsx ,because the last roadster rode like a semi truck and left your spine on the road?

Last edited:
Tesla Roadster the end of the supercar?

For about $200,000:
0-60 in 1.9 seconds
0-100 in 4.2 seconds
1/4 mile 8.9 seconds
620 mile range
4 seater 2 plus 2
When I heard this i immediately started to think that in 2-3 years I could sell my 95 nsx and my model 3 Tesla, put in about $100,000 and have what to me looks like the ultimate super car- I love the nsx but in 2 or 3 years?

Last edited:
Are you kidding?

The last roadster was based on a Lotus rolling chassis

This will be a real Tesla

The part I like the base is how disruptive it will be

Imagine the emergency product planning meetings being scheduled at Ferrari, VW, MB McLaren based on this reveal

Imagine the emergency product planning meetings being scheduled at Ferrari, VW, MB McLaren based on this reveal

LOL, seriously unlikely! Tesla is one deposit away from their Ponzi scheme imploding. I don’t think any serious exotic buyer/owner considers Tesla a serious competitor. It may have the specs, but not the pedigree, etc.

They have been delivering Model S cars for years and then the X (not great quality with those stupid doors).

The 3 will cover the road of CA if they can figure out how to build them at the market demanded volume.

The big truck can totally disrupt the day cab truck scene.

Or they will bomb and be part of Apple.

1.9 second 0-60 is incredible. I wonder though, what street tire can handle this type of performance. The tire will basically twist under this massive amount of torque.

If your primary measures of performance are 0-xx and 1/4 mi times, you are wasting time with Tesla. I suggest you look at the latest V4 version of the Ducati Panigale. Significantly less $ than the Tesla's (forecast) price. The Panigale's air conditioning and heater will suck big time, it will suffer from a lot of wind noise and ergonomics will be compromised; but, based upon past models of the Panigale, while its tires are still fresh I anticipate performance in excess of the Tesla's, except for the Tesla's claimed 250 mph top speed.

Also, at this point the performance claims for the Tesla are claims, perhaps suffering from a bit of Musk vapourware. The Panigale is in production and you should be able to read some independent test results on the new V4 engine soon.

That said, the Tesla does look nifty.

Last edited:
Are you kidding?

The last roadster was based on a Lotus rolling chassis

This will be a real Tesla

The part I like the base is how disruptive it will be

Yes!! Who knows ... possibly Lotus will assist them with their patented 'Lotus active suspension system'.

Not the beginning of the end, but certainly a harbinger of same. This, right now, is the real golden age of performance but petrol power is going to fall off a cliff faster than many realize.

Lack of pedigree is what the competition said about the nsx when it was introduced since they couldn’t compete..Tesla is anything but a Ponzi scheme and the super car world just changed last night..as did the trucking industry..

Step away from the Tesla kool-aid. Nothing has changed since nothing has been produced yet (Roadster & semi truck). I'd be surprised if they are still in business by 2020. Hemorrhaging cash at a tremendous rate, and probably going to need another round of capital from the marketplace. Can't get the Model 3 ramped up (remember this was the car that was supposedly going to provide the cash flow for future models) as production problems abound. Fixed cost out of control, inefficient manufacturing operation, no dealer network. How can you possibly scale your operations with these major issues? And now you are going to compound all these issues with new manufacturing demands brought on by a new Roadster and a semi-truck?

Remember they only have one production line and are still having issues with their battery production.

No argument that Musk is a revolutionary, but he comes up short on execution.

Last edited:
P100D in ludicrous mode can already hit 60 in 2.3 seconds. I'm sure the roadster will be awesome.

I don't understand why there is such hatred for a brand bringing us these amazing toys.

They burn through a billion in cash per quarter. This is part of the master plan to keep investors coming. Hope they make it as if real this is an awesome performance milestone. However don’t find myself using 75 percent of the throttle on the street with my current cars so wonder what is the point of a sub 2 sec street car. bragging rights as the Tesla customer is not the same as a other traditional exotic car customers. This is a very interesting point in automotive history

Last edited:
1.9 second 0-60 is incredible. I wonder though, what street tire can handle this type of performance. The tire will basically twist under this massive amount of torque.

Great point. Might need to go with bead lock rims like the drag racers use.

I wonder how sustained this performance can be, you'd think a Fomula E car at 2X the price and 1/2 the weight couldn't be outdone by a production car.

2016-2017 Faraday Future Dragon Racing Penske 701-EV Specs

Performance
Cost:$350,000
0-62 mph: 2.95 seconds
Max Speed: 150+ mph
Max Power: 270hp in qualifying; 230hp in race
Max Cornering: 1.75g

Until it is actually manufactured and tested, this is all just click bait and a way to collect deposits. I’m just skeptical by nature. The future is awesome but let’s see what the final product actually is before we get panty bunched. If they produce this 1.9 second car, 4ish second 100mph car, we may as well just start building flying cars cause there is nowhere on earth you can drive that on public roads without getting the shakes from fear of being jailed and car being impounded.:biggrin:
But I probably would, still....:cool:

Back