• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX has new garage floor to rest on!!

So earlier this month it finally warmed up enough for me to get my garage floor done, THE RIGHT WAY!! I say this because I have friends and associates who have done the 'do it yourself' floor paints, and they almost never seem to hold up. To me, they just do not look right. I figured that if I was having my floor done, it would be done the right way, or not at all.

The process took almost a week, but it was well worth it. The flooring is an aggregate, so there is traction due to little colored sand granules (which you can customize to your taste), and I opted for a second layer of clear coat. The company is Razor Rock out of Indianapolis, and they did a great job. Diamond cut prepped the floor, filled in all of the cracks, and even did the side bricks. All in all, my NSX is happy, and I am thrilled. I have even gone out in the garage just to lay there (yes, I am a nerd). Anyway, I thought you all would enjoy seeing my happy NSX in its revamped room. :)

Phantom_new_garage_floor_4-6-09.jpg

Phantom_new_garage_floor.jpg

Very nice. The reflection off the ground is amazing!! So for a week your X was parked outside? I don't know if I could do that..:smile: It looks almost like a bed room for your car with the red walls.

Looks great and the car does too. :wink: We had our floor done this way as well a few years back and just love it. It was worth every penny.

Looks awesome compared to when I was there a couple years ago! Love the contrast of the red walls with your car. I would love to fix up my garage more if it wasn't 60-70 years old and hopeless. :redface:

Very classy. I love the floor and the car.

What is with the blue flag on the wall. Did you lose a bet? :biggrin:

I was expecting some sort of barn with mulch on the ground.
:wink:

Looks great!

Looks great! what product did you use? :biggrin::eek:

Awesome looks great!

The Honda Limited Edition Volk CE-28's look good.

Go Leafs Go! =)

Sounds like you put a lot of effort into it, and I hate to say this, but the car looks better than the floor. Just my opinion :biggrin:

What was the cost? Square footage?

It was a very high quality job, and took approximately 1 week to complete. They diamond grinded the floor, filled in all gaps on both the floor and the side wall blocks, put down the color and colored sand particles, and then two coats of clear coat. I am absolutely thrilled!!

The gentleman that did the work is Ray Batten with a company called Razor Rock. Very professional, and he did the floor in a friends house that has a Gallardo and some other fun toys. I do not know my square footage off the top of my head, but if you send me a PM I can give you an idea of the total cost.

Looks great and the car does too. :wink: We had our floor done this way as well a few years back and just love it. It was worth every penny.

Yes...I waited for a while because I wanted it done right. As soon as it was done I was pleased that I finally had the floor that I really wanted.

Thanks everyone for the compliments on the garage, and the car. I am very proud of both, and take pride in keeping them both as perfect as I can, while still using them regularly.

Anyone who is around Indianapolis, and is thinking of getting this floor done, please let me know. Just tell Ray @ Razor Rock that Mitch with the white Acura NSX sent you. :D

"Professionally" speaking, your garage looks sweeeeet!!
We do that sort of work too (my painting company) but more simple, one colour, epoxy applications (no rock flakes). It looks awsome, and also protects the concrete from damage due to salt and sitting puddles.

I do, however, make my cliets sign a waiver that they will not hang any Leafs memorabilia near my floors :tongue:

Thumbs up man...

Back