• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX info for everyone

I was told after 1 payment, wait for a second invoice just to be certain. Dealers are just worried about charge backs. I'm working on a nice deal right now...This dealer just asked for 3 payments. Hopefully closing the deal in next couple days.

Nice! Make it happen!

so I test drove it and its a great car. Was going to go back with my M4 tomorrow for appraisal, but driving the 991 home, I realized I just enjoy it much more than the NSX. NA Engine sounds and manual shifting are just very satisfying to me. Enjoy your cars, they are awesome, but I guess I'm out of here now.

Agree w above, I got tired of dealing with my local dealer giving him a decent number and we couldn't come to terms, I ended up picking a 991 up recently and love the car, no one can beat Porsche packaging, cupholders, door storage, super small rear seats but usable for my little kids and natural aspiration with an oil change that I can do myself simply in a car that is downright bulletproof, I still may pick up one in the future as this will obviously be a limited production car. Best of luck to everyone I've enjoyed reading all of the post and excitement and hope to see more out on the streets, it's still a very special car and looks the part

so I test drove it and its a great car. Was going to go back with my M4 tomorrow for appraisal, but driving the 991 home, I realized I just enjoy it much more than the NSX. NA Engine sounds and manual shifting are just very satisfying to me. Enjoy your cars, they are awesome, but I guess I'm out of here now.

I completely agree with you on the NA/ Manual (16 Viper ACR E 738rwhp :biggrin: ), there is something Really fun about the DCT and traveling 80-90mph and grabbing 2-3 gears in a split second and zoom zoom you are hitting 125-130mph :eek:....JM2C...I could be wrong

Last edited:
Agree w above, I got tired of dealing with my local dealer giving him a decent number and we couldn't come to terms, I ended up picking a 991 up recently and love the car, no one can beat Porsche packaging, cupholders, door storage, super small rear seats but usable for my little kids and natural aspiration with an oil change that I can do myself simply in a car that is downright bulletproof, I still may pick up one in the future as this will obviously be a limited production car. Best of luck to everyone I've enjoyed reading all of the post and excitement and hope to see more out on the streets, it's still a very special car and looks the part

If I could only have 1 car it would be a porsche but luckily I dont have that problem and it's my least driven car. But I love knowing I can find diy articles on rennlist and have my own durametric to diagnose if needed. 911's are super safe cars in a crash as well

Porsche really has somethimg special and I can't fault anyone for going that direction. I think comparing a modern 911 to a modern NSX is pointless and it comes down to personal preference. Enjoy and drive 'er hard.

Very true.

I do got to say though, anything non-GT/Turbo is bland looking for me at least where I live, otherwise fun to drive cars.

Off topic only non gt porsche i really liked was the anniversary edition
IMG_1389.jpg

gt2 is hard for me to get rid of
ofIMG_8802.jpg

but i Will add an NSX in the future

911 looks like a vw beetle.

Check your eyeglass RX!

P1030310_zps0hmpwyay.jpg~original

Agree on bland beetle, but that's why I like them, fly under the radar, nice driving experience, I have other cars for flash..

Nice, turbo, a lot of combination Porsche and Honda fans, I think the engineering prowess of each company is appreciated

Last edited:
GT3 is bad ass no doubt. I parked my car at a outlaw biker bar tonight just for fun and to have one bud...

I don't think a P car would have the whole leather dressed crowd buzzing/gawking/taking pix about what was up out front if it was a Porsche. Seriously not taking anything away from that perfected German engineering marvel. What p car stirs emotion enough to have everyone from 18-60 years old take pix and ask questions?

You either love the 911 or you don’t. I don’t. :redface:
Would I ever race one? No sir. So I do appreciate it. The styling, just hasn’t changed since the Jurassic period. It needs an update and not just led frog eyes.:eek: A beautiful car it is. Just not my style is all.

We loved our GT3 for the short time we had it ~ it's an engineering marvel and good to see Porsche not giving up on manual drivers. The GT3 motor is like our e46 M3 motor but on steroids. Amazing power, amazing sound, amazing gearbox!

There is no way you can fault a GT3 but as always looks are subjective....

Was just at Porsche dealer recently, they said EVERY allocation for the GT3 RS is sold, even their Carrera S slots are gone! Definitely know what they are doing as a company.

But for us, the look is just sort of bland, nothing exciting. We let our GT3 go for our GPW NSX and never looked back :)

Last edited:
I have yet to hear any 911 sound good. The carrera GT though, probably the best engine noise ever made.

Hello all. I'm new to this site and intrigued by the amazing values available on these cars. I hope I didn't miss the boat! I plan to look at an NSX at my local dealer with a MSRP of around $200K. What kind of deal should I expect? Based on what I've read, I thought of offering $145K and see where it goes from there.

I would appreciate any feedback or advice.

???have you heard the 911 gt3. I drove the 18 manual and it is extraordinary

We have one at the shop - sounds amazing AGREED! It's no Lambo V10/V12 or McLaren or a Ferrari V8 sound though. Porsche has their own unique sound however and as always sound is subjective to each person.

Just like the new NSX :)

I heard the same thing, dealer here said for the incentive I had to make 12 monthly payments or the dealership would get stuck losing it, not sure if I buy that either, I made sure it was a very minimal amount so interest wouldn't add up to much, if someone gets the straight scoop out there I would also be interested as I would just pay it and be done with it as well.

I heard the same thing, dealer here said for the incentive I had to make 12 monthly payments or the dealership would get stuck losing it, not sure if I buy that either, I made sure it was a very minimal amount so interest wouldn't add up to much, if someone gets the straight scoop out there I would also be interested as I would just pay it and be done with it as well.

I had a dealer tell me that I had to make 6 payments. What rates are people seeing for 36 month financing?

Back